Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Tool Tips

Tool Tips Here you will finds tips on using old tools, as well as the latest in new tools that you can use on your 'Bird's projects.

Site Search:

Old 2 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrueckwald View Post
Does anyone know if Snap-On is still made in the USA? I willingly pay extra for that.
My understanding is Snap-On is still manufactured in the US. There probably are components or items that aren't. But at least generally yes.

FMCA F469045
EAA 404878

Ask us about Stearman biplane rides available in Bentonville, AR.
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrueckwald View Post
Does anyone know if Snap-On is still made in the USA?
A quick internet search for “Is Snap On Made In USA?” & “Snap On Country of Origin” reveals mixed answers. Seems years ago SO, Matco and others became rebranding outfits by selling their once proud names to any supplier from any country to make it look like the other outfits stuff was made by SO. There’s a long simmering brooha between SO corporate and their pro red truck franchisees over that brand dilution. This phony SO “stuff” (generators, compressors, lights, gloves, power tools, etc) is readily available at big box stores like CostCo, and most items say “Made in China” on their boxes . Whether that, stuff purchased at HF or neither is better, is for you to decide. Supposedly SO makes some of their stuff in the USA, the trick now is determining whether it really is made here.
Old 2 Weeks Ago

I have never been into wrenching like many here have. I did minor stuff on my cars like oil changes, tires, belts. But when it came to the real deal, I got somebody to do it for me, that knew what they were doing and it ended up saving me money in the long run. Because I didn't screw it up worse, before they worked on it Anyway, where I'm going with all this drivel is that I bought a set of Buffalo tools at a Homier sale in 1974. That was before Homier put together a local store and before Horrible Freight came to the area. You know, I still have everyone of those tools in my toolbox in the coach. I also bought a set of combination wrenches from 1" down to something like an 3/16th and used the H**l out of them on taking apart an old '53 Ford pickup I bought for parts for my other '53 Ford pickup that I drove daily, back then. Rusted bolts and nuts out the wazoo!! I have used them continuously for 45 years and I have one broken 9/16th wrench. That is the only problem I have had with it. I paid a total of $20 or maybe it was $19.99 Would I have bought these if I made a living at the job. No, I'm sure I wouldn't, but for me and those like me, HF stuff is just fine. Even if I had busted everyone of those wrenches I would only be out $20 I wonder if you can buy just one of those wrenches from Snap-On for $20 I think I commented once about buying some step bits from HF to drill some holes in 3/8th steel. The high dollar stuff I bought to do the job got destroyed, drilling just one hole (yes I used the "step" method) and I had 10 holes to drill. I got out that HF step drill and cut the other 9 like I was drilling into plywood Still in use today and works great. I've got some of the cheap power tools too. So far only one 3/8 drill has bit the dust. I went through two Craftsman 3/8 drills before that I know in some people's estimation Craftsman and Snap-On or Milwaukee don't belong in the same category, but I think they were at least close. Note I said "were". Not sure now-a-days.

Jim and Michele Walters
'93 WLWB
Bluebird of Happiness
F397772
2002 Silverado Diesel 2500 HD 4x4
2003 Harley Ultra Classic
260-224-1278
Larwill, IN
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbokitty View Post
Harbor Freight is a supplier to Snap-On, har!
And now Marvin is going to play dat ole favorite: "Da Hot Hands Polka" Turn on da bubble machine!!!

95 WLWB 40' SOLD!

"RARA AVIS"

Lake Delton, Wisconsin

FMCA #F27720
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Timberlake Products Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by catshreds View Post
And now Marvin is going to play dat ole favorite: "Da Hot Hands Polka" Turn on da bubble machine!!!
Happy New Year Elliot https://youtu.be/CpmDAu_47OE

Ryan and Michelle Saari
1985 PT36
1983 FC35RB Left me for Atlanta!
Clearwater, Florida

My Ebay store:http://stores.ebay.com/Timberlake-Pr...oup?rmvSB=true
Old 2 Weeks Ago

OOPAH!!! All the best to you and Michelle, Ryan!

95 WLWB 40' SOLD!

"RARA AVIS"

Lake Delton, Wisconsin

FMCA #F27720