Wanderlodge Owners Group  

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > News > Vehicle and Equipment Recalls

Vehicle and Equipment Recalls This Sub-Forum is for informational purposes only, recalls of Blue Birds are automatically posted to this forum when posted on Auto-Recalls.com ALL SUBMISSIONS ARE MODERATED - NO DISCUSSION IS ALLOWED HERE

Site Search:

Old 07-08-2009

Default Another Norcold Recall

I received a letter in the mail today on another recall regarding the Norcold refrigerator MDL #s 1200 LR and the 1200LRIM.

As most of you remember the last recall I believe was the cooling unit. As most have had this correction made, however, in addition to that, here is another. On May 5th 2009 Norcold decided the replaced cooling units should aalso be retrofitted with a thermal switch kit, in which the NHTSA assigned recall number 09E-026.

The purpose of the kit is to provide added protection to the cooling units safe operation. Check your serial number for the effected units, they are between 1008701 and 8432073.

The number can be located by removing the outside cover. On the back of the refrigerator you should see the serial number (usually on the solution tank) on mine anyway.

My unit is one that falls within the recall. If your also falls into this catagory and you don't receive a letter from Norcold...call them at 800-767-9101

Have a great day :smile:
Old 07-08-2009

They're are a couple of different listings of serial numbers out there currently for the recalls. It would be prudent if you're even remotely close to call and verify.

don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- poor products with poor support
Old 03-13-2017

Default Not even a bandaid

As i said i a prev post i just lost my coach to a norcold fire before it was put into use for which it was intended (retirement travel). I read where they are just installing a kit on the effected units that sence the over temp of the cooling unit and disables it....forever....at this point you have to pay to have it repaired (parts are at least 1500) or buy a new refrigerator. So the consumer is paying for their poor design...in more ways that one. I lost my retirement dream...hoped to someday make quartzite and meet all you fine folks i read about. Also read that everyone involved in the class action suit...get a whopping 57 dollars
Old 03-14-2017

Dose this effect the fridge if not run using lp and only running using elc?

Is this when driving or when parked as well?
(352) 277-1494
Website Designer / Photographerr
http://goactivemedia.com

1992 WLWB
Old 03-15-2017

Im sure of all the specifics....but mine is always on elec (120v)...the only time it has ever been on lp is during a power outage and it switched automatically. My coach was parked on a lake front lot...frig on...but rarely opened...so no heavy effort to keep cool. From everything i have read so far...the metal just fatigues or time from being heated and cracks releasing the gas inside which is highly combustable. There are a lot of horor stories of elderly full timers loosing everything and barely escaping with their lives. Norcold just masking the problem. And this can happen at any time if the fridge is on!
Old 03-15-2017

I think an automatic extinguisher installed in the refrigerator compartment is a good precaution. I like the Fireboy (http://www.fireboy-xintex.com/cg2-fire-extinguisher/) unit because it has a remote led indicator, but there are other manufacturers too. I think I got mine from Jamestown Distributors. Something to consider anyway.
1986 PT40 8v92
"Sturdy Birdy"
http://www.bbirdmaps.com/user1.cfm?user=352
Old 03-15-2017

You can end this discussion and all the headaches by just installing a home style refrigerator. We did it and would never go back. Huge improvement. It takes so little current dry camping is not a problem. Removed the propane tank also to go all electric. That made more storage space and reduced weight. All plus plus. Very happy with it, and what is more important, Dorinda is absolutely delighted.

Never did like carrying 40 gallons of propane around anyway.
Old 03-16-2017
Burnin Up in Az. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrueckwald View Post
You can end this discussion and all the headaches by just installing a home style refrigerator. We did it and would never go back. Huge improvement. It takes so little current dry camping is not a problem. Removed the propane tank also to go all electric. That made more storage space and reduced weight. All plus plus. Very happy with it, and what is more important, Dorinda is absolutely delighted.

Never did like carrying 40 gallons of propane around anyway.
Listen to the man.. good advise on the refigerator....
'90 GL1500 Goldwing, '67 VW Rail, & '82 CJ5 Jeep
FMCA #236459, Good Sam #17270530, Vintage Birds #1509