Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > General Discussion > Feedback

Feedback Have an idea or suggestion to make this forum better? Put it out there in the open so the Blue Bird community can talk about it.

Site Search:

Old 07-28-2017

I'm a do it myself or it dosent get done funded bird owner.
I NEVER would have taken the chance on my rig if I had not found this site.
It's one of the best !!
It can be challenging to find the info, but it's here, or someone knows the answer.
Old 07-28-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Dupree View Post
Heres the problem with the search engine.
Joe blow needs an air bag.
He starts his thread on the tail end of a thread that was started in 1999.
The original thread was about tires that morphed into air bags.

When he should have started a new thread titled "Air bag for 1999 LXI needed"
So,the next guy that needs an LXI air bag searchs for "LXI air bag needed" and the thread pops right up.

The first thread was about tires,so you get nothing.

Thats why i started the threads about air bags.

FC air bags

PT air bags

WB air bags

LXI air bags
They kind of work,actually,i use those threads when i need numbers,so they work fine.

Now we need to start a thread titled "gas shock part numbers"
And everybody post bay door part numbers
Tailgate part numbers
Airline cabinet part numbers
etc.etc..
Wow - I have always tried hard to find an old thread to hitch onto. I really thought that was what I was supposed to do. It is really easier to start a new thread, but you run the chance of being told that there "already is a thread on this subject" and you can look it up there.
Old 07-28-2017
ANOTHER REDNECK

only thing wrong is all the $$ i have spent with seeing all the upgrades!!!!!!!!

and doing it myself on the coachs
Pleasanton Tx 78064
Do not use PM... please use
rwoody@fullnet.net
http://www.bbirdmaps.com/user1.cfm?user=254
http://www.ebay.com/usr/woody19571
F133316 BODY NUMBER
Old 07-29-2017
Burnin Up in Az. :-)

First I'd like to say the forum is great! You've pulled over 4,000 users together to share info and help each other and it's free! I know it takes a lot of time and the efforts of a team to keep it going so for all that I say "Great Job Guys!"

There's always room for improvement. My personal irritants are;
  • I think the moderation is a little too tight. I agree it's needed but some of the moderated words or acronyms are a little overboard.
  • The search engine but I realize it's partially limited due to the structure of the info entered by the users.
  • The formatting under the CODE command, the spacing (alignment) is very difficult to line up.
  • It's hard enough to find info you are searching for but when the title of the thread as nothing to do with the content I tend to just ignore the thread.. ie; "what did I do with my bus today"
  • The email sent out titled "Rallies, Shows, and Organized Events" never shows any of the AZ Hot Bird rallies? How do we get them included? What other rallies are not included?

But my BIGGEST frustration is checking the forum almost daily then all of a sudden a thread two weeks old pops up? How can it be two weeks old and I not see it when I check almost daily using the "quick links" - "today's posts"?

I think these comments are spot on;

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpijag View Post
Copied from another forum:

"Thread subjects should properly describe the content of the thread. Thread subjects like: "What's this?", "Why isn't it working?", "I have a question", "This is cool" etc. are to be avoided."
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICBM99 View Post
While I agree quoting with embedded pictures is a waste of time and space, I much prefer embedded pictures over attachment pictures. Forum users need to learn to quote without the pictures.

I wish the "What did you do to your bus today" thread was just for small blurbs like was mentioned with a link to a new thread if the project ends up with more detailed information. It should stay open though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tulipvendor50 View Post
The long threads.
For example the one about seeing a BB, every month wipe it clean.
'90 GL1500 Goldwing, '67 VW Rail, & '82 CJ5 Jeep
FMCA #236459, Good Sam #17270530, Vintage Birds #1509

Old 07-29-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtpn60 View Post
First I'd like to say the forum is great! You've pulled over 4,000 users together to share info and help each other and it's free! I know it takes a lot of time and the efforts of a team to keep it going so for all that I say "Great Job Guys!"

There's always room for improvement. My personal irritants are;
  • I think the moderation is a little too tight. I agree it's needed but some of the moderated words or acronyms are a little overboard.
  • The search engine but I realize it's partially limited due to the structure of the info entered by the users.
  • The formatting under the CODE command, the spacing (alignment) is very difficult to line up.
  • It's hard enough to find info you are searching for but when the title of the thread as nothing to do with the content I tend to just ignore the thread.. ie; "what did I do with my bus today"
  • The email sent out titled "Rallies, Shows, and Organized Events" never shows any of the AZ Hot Bird rallies? How do we get them included? What other rallies are not included?

But my BIGGEST frustration is checking the forum almost daily then all of a sudden a thread two weeks old pops up? How can it be two weeks old and I not see it when I check almost daily using the "quick links" - "today's posts"?

I think these comments are spot on;
Mike, I can't speak for your other issues, but the one in red I think will be solved if you click on New Posts, instead of Today's Posts. Although I am usually on at least once a day, I can go for a couple of days at times and never miss a post, because I think the New Posts, means new to me. So they just keep accumulating until I come back on. At least that's the way it seems to work for me. The Today's Posts gets changed as you go through the 24 hr. cycle. So every hour posts get dropped from that group, that have "expired", whether you have read them or not. I don't seem to miss any posts by doing it this way.

Jim and Michele Walters
'93 WLWB
Bluebird of Happiness
F397772
2002 Silverado Diesel 2500 HD 4x4
2003 Harley Ultra Classic
260-224-1278
Larwill, IN
Old 07-29-2017
Forum Moderator / Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtpn60 View Post
I am pretty sure I sent this to someone shortly after the Arizona Hot Birds was organized and had events, but here it is again;

Wanderlodge Owners Group > Takin' it Easy > Rallies, Shows, and Organized Events > Calendar of Events

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamflagman View Post
Have you been looking for a place that lists event dates such as Rallies? First we have Wanderlodge Owners Group > Takin' it Easy > Rallies, Shows, and Organized Events where you can give all of the details and Wanderlodge Owners Group > Takin' it Easy > Upcoming Rallies, Fliers, Maps. > UPCOMING RALLIES then there is also a place right here on the forum where it can be found through the Calendar link in the top tool bar on the forum homepage. By clicking on Calendar it will take you to a recent, or current months calendar which lists all of the events that our members have added to it and if you want to keep us all up to date you can enter information about an upcoming event by reading Adding a new event date the the forum calendar the information that was already listed under Rallies, Shows, and Organized Events can be added through a link to that message shown in the dates for the rally.

The Calendar also lists members birthdays, so that you will know when to run out and purchase that new set of tires for their 'Bird

Without seeing the actual thread in question, my guess is that someone added a new post to that thread.

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR-ADMINISTRATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11
Old 07-29-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by isp2952 View Post
Mike, I can't speak for your other issues, but the one in red I think will be solved if you click on New Posts, instead of Today's Posts. Although I am usually on at least once a day, I can go for a couple of days at times and never miss a post, because I think the New Posts, means new to me. So they just keep accumulating until I come back on. At least that's the way it seems to work for me. The Today's Posts gets changed as you go through the 24 hr. cycle. So every hour posts get dropped from that group, that have "expired", whether you have read them or not. I don't seem to miss any posts by doing it this way.
Not signed on to WOG you get Today's Posts. Signed on to WOG you get New Posts.
Do Not Send PM (Private Messages) Please
curtsprenger@gmail.com
Old 07-29-2017
Administrator

Yes you can miss a post if not reading within every 24 hour period.
Follow posts 65,66,67 and no posts will be missed.
The rally master or coordinator is responsible for adding events to the calendar.
Starting a thread or posting will not add to the calendar
Old 08-17-2017

My biggest are For Sale threads that are never updated. If you list something and sell it you should go back and update the topic to show sold or occasionally post if still available. I also wish if someone checks out a coach that is for sale they would post what they find, good or bad if they decide to pass on it. It might help the next person or save a trip. Buying a Bird sight unseen would be easier if others who had viewed the coach would post up their thoughts on it.