Wanderlodge Owners Group  

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > LX and LXI (Unique Issues)

LX and LXI (Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your LX or LXI model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it, WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THOSE ISSUES INVOLVED WITH ANY LAWSUIT.....list your LX and LXI Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 10-09-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mallie Lennon View Post
Sky, if you have any questions on the set up, give me a call if I can help.

Thanks Maillie. I'll definitely do that if I run into any questions.

Sky Cheney
1998 43' LXi #F119728
Lansing, Michigan
Old 10-09-2017

The ProDriver is aimed more at tracking fleet operations than anything else. In its intended mode each individual operator has a data card which is inserted at the beginning of a shift/trip. The ProDriver will record mileage, fuel usage, idle time, and any incidents (overspeed, overrev, hard braking (>7 mph/sec) with the limits adjustable.

While driving, pressing the INFO button will move between fuel economy, fuel economy incentive, trip 1, trip 2, and date/time screens. Fuel economy incentive is an increase in governed top speed of up to 10 MPH and is not implemented on our coaches.
The up/down arrows indicate instantaneous difference between the average economy displayed and the current actual fuel mileage.
No arrows +- 1 mpg
one arrow 1-2
two arrows 2-2.75
three arrows 2.75-3.25
four arrows 3.25-3.75
five arrows more than 3.75

Leg 1 shows distance, fuel usage, MPG, and idle time as percentage
Leg 2 shows total leg time, driving time, cruise percentage (time) and average speed

Date/time shows current date/time in Eastern Standard. We can't set time (I haven't found it in the manual) and it will only display in Eastern Standard time.

In addition, there are alert screens. They will remain displayed until the condition clears or can be cleared by pressing any button (except cruise, that turns off by itself)
They are:
cruise set
Oil monitor (service life; due for change)
Vehicle overspeed
Overrev
Excessive idle time
Hard braking incident
Engine alerts (temp, low oil, etc...)

There's a bunch of summary information for driver and vehicle available with the vehicle stopped including % of time in cruise, fuel economy in cruise, idle time, fuel burned in various modes and more. There are 16 pages of info available in both driver and vehicle modes.

All the leg data can be cleared and reset; total vehicle mileage will continue to be accumulated as will total fuel burned.

The oil change monitor can be set to alert when an oil change is desired; this will appear on engine start when the interval is exceeded. Limit can be set on miles, engine hours, fuel used, or calendar days. However, only one of these parameters can be used.

The units for fuel economy can be selected to be miles/US gallon(default),
miles/Imperial Gallon, Kilometers/liter, or liters/100 KM.

Other questions can be answered by careful perusal of the manual. I'll be happy to forward a .pdf of the manual but I think it's available for download on the WOG site.
850 814 9022

Last edited by mahansm; 10-09-2017 at 05:03 PM. Reason: fix typo
Old 10-09-2017

I guess fuel burned could come in handy. Reset it when you fill up and you should be able to tell how much you have left.

Sky Cheney
1998 43' LXi #F119728
Lansing, Michigan
Old 10-09-2017

Fuel burned is good but it cannot account for fuel used for the generator and aqua-hot.
Generator is between .3 and 1.25 gallons/hr depending on load, with .5 a good estimate. Aqua-Hot consumption is in the manual somewhere but you'd have to figure the number of hours the burner was active.

I've also seen my fuel tank capacity as both 260 and 300 gallons; I'm not about to construct a 3D CAD model of the tank and let the software determine it nor am I going to run it dry so I can get a number on the fillup.
850 814 9022
Old 10-09-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahansm View Post
Fuel burned is good but it cannot account for fuel used for the generator and aqua-hot.
Generator is between .3 and 1.25 gallons/hr depending on load, with .5 a good estimate. Aqua-Hot consumption is in the manual somewhere but you'd have to figure the number of hours the burner was active.

I've also seen my fuel tank capacity as both 260 and 300 gallons; I'm not about to construct a 3D CAD model of the tank and let the software determine it nor am I going to run it dry so I can get a number on the fillup.
Blue Bird had weight problems when they introduced slideouts, so they reduced the tanks to 260 gallons on those models. I actually measured mine, including the step they put in the aft end. Then I calculated lost volume from filling half-way up the fill tube opening in the tank, and more lost under the pick-up tube, and came up with a usable volume of only 200 gallons. So, beware. It is never a good idea to run one injectors out of the fuel that lubricates the incredibly tight tolerance.

In addition, the gauge on my '95 (300 gallons advertised) was unusually accurate. However, the '00 readings bear only a distant resemblance to fact.
It has the float over the step in the tank, and appears to be positioned wrong, as I tried to fix it, but the geometry doesn't work. Now, as in airplanes, I keep track of fuel used, and even did a calibration graph.
Old 10-10-2017

Thanks. I'll use 200 gal as a figure for trip planning. I've got what I'm told is the first bird built with slides and it's heavy. I took it up to the scales and saw 50,280 lb with full fuel (well, down about 10 gal) and water with one passenger on board. There was a bunch of stuff in the basement; all the spares, parts, and tools the previous owner included; I'm gradually moving this into other storage. However, my wife is happily stocking the kitchen cabinets and I'm adding tools, spares, and emergency supplies.

Steve
850 814 9022

Last edited by mahansm; 10-11-2017 at 07:29 AM.
Old 10-10-2017

I've put 200 gallons in my tank when it showed around 1/4 on the gauge. I do believe its a 300 gallon tank but I have no idea what the actual usable amount is. I'd love to know for sure but I don't want to find out the hard way.

Sky Cheney
1998 43' LXi #F119728
Lansing, Michigan
Old 10-10-2017

Sky,

As one of the first buses with slides, it is very possible you have the 300 gallon tank which has been used for years. The gauge reads the same as my '95 did. They started getting feedback about weight problems later on, even replacing some front axles on early slide models. Maybe someone knows what the cut in was?

Last edited by rrueckwald; 10-11-2017 at 09:49 PM.
Old 10-11-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrueckwald View Post
Sky,

As one of the first buses with slides, it is very possible you have the 300 gallon tank which has been used for years. It reads thwe same as my '95 did. They started getting feedback about weight problems later on, even replacing some front axles on early slide models. Maybe someone knows what the cut in was?
Ron,
I think you're right. It has to be a 300 gallon tank. I filled up in Lansing then ran to Holland and then back to Lansing. Now I'm in Houghton and I'm still showing over 1/2 full.

Sky Cheney
1998 43' LXi #F119728
Lansing, Michigan
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Silverleaf is here!!!

Can't find the diagnostic plug.

I have a nice gray 6-pin round plug right by my left knee, but no 12 pin flat. I have disassembled the main dash and the arm rest. I've looked in the outside door below the drivers window and in the compartment below that. I did find some other things that need attention such as the blue lights in the arm console that were just stuck in there with double sided take. Some of those have fallen down and need some new tape.

After talking to Silverleaf, they think that the round plug is just for the transmission and they tell me there has to be a black flat 12-pin in there somewhere but I sure don't see it.

Ideas? Anyone else with a 98LXi ?? Maybe it would be similar as in maybe the same guy hid it in the same place.

Sky Cheney
1998 43' LXi #F119728
Lansing, Michigan