Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > BMC (Bluebird Motor Coach Unique Issues)

BMC (Bluebird Motor Coach Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your BMC coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it.....List your BMC Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 1 Week Ago

Was so impressed with the improvement on the coach (post. #44), I installed them on the toad. Same great night improvement. Since the Fiat light housings are sealed with a cover at the back of the housings, I drilled a small hole for the LED cooling fans to exhaust. Night driving in the summer might have presented a temperature problem with the Phoenix furnace heat. The “bulbs” come with a long unconditional warranty. Was easy to adjust both sets so lows won’t blind oncoming drivers. Should be nice for that inevitable nighttime journey into town at Q!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	C23B3D72-09C2-48B0-B778-87040D7A724E.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	199.8 KB
ID:	53225  
Old 1 Week Ago

Thanks Brad. Great write-up.

I have ordered a set.
It's going to be a tight fit on the drivers side because of the wire bundles behind the light units

Keirn Rush
Trent Woods, North Carolina
keirn@keirnrush.com
252-249-2628
95 BMC 37
Old 1 Week Ago
Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtpn60 View Post
Fan cooled head lamps? Seems a weak link in an otherwise great solution (LED).
In this thread: http://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.co...d.php?p=400339 Snowbird posted a link to no-fan replacements on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/LASFIT-Fanles.../dp/B074J8M1QC

I haven't seen a followup as to how well they worked.
Prior: 1990 WB40 "Blue Thunder"
My location: www.bbirdmaps.com/user2.cfm?user=1
Old 1 Week Ago

Yes Mike, I had some of the same concerns about the fan. However, with my usual headlight usage of perhaps 2-6 hours per year I was not real concerned about longevity. I was more concerned about light output. The 9600lm output impressed me. As I only have $70 invested in each set I thought it worthy of an experiment. If I have issues with these then I will upgrade to the next generation of LED light. I just got tired of waiting after starting this thread in 2011. When I started checking out LED bulbs they were extremely expensive and had low light output.

Keirn the drivers side is a little more busy. However, there where no issues installing the new bulbs or adjusting the elevation after installation.

The installation is just like any other headlight bulb except you must align the LEDS with the housing. There is no adjustment required. The LEDs are keyed so the bulbs properly align with the housing and the power cord is down. In addition, like traditional bulbs you must clean the LEDS with rubbing alcohol to remove any oils from their surface. The fans do make a small amount of noise but once the engine starts I can't hear them.
1999, Jeep Cherokee, Toad
1970, VW Baja Bug, Alternate Toad

Last edited by bwinter1946; 1 Week Ago at 02:00 PM.
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keirn and Carolyn View Post

I have ordered a set.
It's going to be a tight fit on the drivers side because of the wire bundles behind the light units
Please post your evaluation of the LED bulbs.
1999, Jeep Cherokee, Toad
1970, VW Baja Bug, Alternate Toad