Wanderlodge Owners Group  

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Good, Bad, and Ugly > Vendors

Vendors Share feedback of your experiences, good or bad, with different vendors you have dealt with.

Site Search:
Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2008
Forum Moderator / Administrator

Default Dupree Products

Dupree Products
NOW OWNED BY STEPHEN BIRTLES, who is a Wanderlodge owner himself and a member of this forum. For telephone orders ONLY, please call 1-888-668-4288 between 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM Eastern Time, Monday to Friday. For other assistance please call, 1-905-328-0162
Specialty Recreational Vehicle Products, Dump Valves & RV supplies, Replacement Heavy Duty Fiberglass Bumpers for '91-'97 wide body 'Birds, Replacement filter for Powertech Generators and others.

We manufacture the Dupree Valves and various other Blue Bird Parts
Feel Free to give us a call

905 328 0162
for orders
888 668 4288
or go to http://www.dupreeproducts.com

Stephen Birtles
Old 08-17-2008
Forum owner

Default sewer hoses

for those of you that don't know about them,Steve birtles has the best sewer hose in the world for sale.
i brought this hose to market at least 10 years ago,and the very first one is still being used at the dump station at my home,its been out in the florida sun and kicked around on a rough concrete slab for 10 years,and just the other day i noticed the first hole in it,no kidding.

I sold hundreds of these hoses at FMCA conventions and at rallys and from my shop by mail order.

Stephen now has my old business and he has the hoses also.
Archer Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 08-17-2008
Gardner

I bought one from Stephen, it was a great hose. Unfortunately I let it go with my old coach, now I need to buy another.
Travel Blog http://newdealblog.com/archives/category/trek-2012
Old 05-10-2010

Default Dupree Products

I really hesitated in writing this, but I think it is important enough for members.

On April 26th I ordered a dump valve assembly and a sheet of insulation from Dupree Products. I have ordered from them before and have seen postings and the website address ad on those postings from Stephen Birtles.

I received the valve assembly promptly, (2-3 days), but the insulation didn't come. I called and talked to Stephen on Monday, May 3 to ask about the insulation. He said that the shipping e-mail they sent had a note at the bottom saying the insulation had not yet shipped, and that the material would be in on Wed. May 5 and would ship out then. I went back and looked at the e-mail and it made no mention of the insulation not being shipped. I looked at my order on the website and it also said it had shipped.

Today I called again and got Stephen on the phone. I asked about the insulation and he became what I would describe as angry and said "I talked to you last week and said I would ship it when it got here". I reminded him that he had stated a date of Wed. May 5, and that the "note" about the insulation was not in the e-mail. He said " I can't control my suppliers, so what do you want me to do ?", again in a voice I would never use with a customer. I said that a phone call or e-mail would have been nice. At that point he said, in the same tone "Well, I'll just send you back your money". At that point I was pretty well teed and just said "fine" and hung up on him.

I know some of you know Stephen and maybe this is his usual character, I don't know. I have no reason to bring all of this up except that I think that people should call in orders and not just use the website so they can verify that the items are in stock. The other, more important thing, is that they apparently charge you for items even though they haven't been shipped and are not even in their hands yet. I usually don't do business with such companies.
2012 Wrangler Unlimited
Lancaster, Ohio
Old 05-10-2010
82 PT 35

Dan

That doesn't sound like the Stephen I know.
He's always been straight up with me.
edwimberley@hotmail.com

1984 40 PT
Perry Georgia
770-548-1441 cell
Old 05-10-2010
davidmbrady

Hi Dan,

The insulation that Stephen sells is made here in the states and is available from a number of state side suppliers. How much are you looking for. I ask cause I may have some left over from my job.

http://www.polytechinc.com/products/thermal.php
Old 05-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmbrady View Post
Hi Dan,

The insulation that Stephen sells is made here in the states and is available from a number of state side suppliers. How much are you looking for. I ask cause I may have some left over from my job.

http://www.polytechinc.com/products/thermal.php
Thanks David, but I found another type insulation from a company in Arizona and ordered it today.
2012 Wrangler Unlimited
Lancaster, Ohio
Old 05-10-2010

Dan, I have ordered from Stephen several time. I have yet to have a cross word with him. I feel he is trustworthy and honest.
Vise Grips
Bellefonte, AR
Old 05-10-2010
RV Appraiser

Stephen is just like the rest of us we all have our good days and bad days I'm sure it was just some of those bad days just running consecutively. I also know he will call people personally to see if he can help out with a problem even when he was not asked for help. So if anyone has a problem lets consider this, we don't know what was going on on the other side of the phone. I'm sure Stephen feels bad enough and we don't need to be making anyone feel worse by posting it here... Let's fix some birds, life is too short.
Our Blog
Our Location
http://www.mcginnisauctions.com
502-417-5681
Old 05-10-2010

Dan
I have ordered a few things from Stephen.I have also talked with him on the phone a few times, just visiting. I think he is a good guy, for a train guy ( I am an airplane guy). LOL
I have found his website a little frustrating, as he apparently has much much more available than what is listed on his site. I have found his prices fair, and occasionally shipping takes a while. He has some parts that you cannot find elsewhere
Perhaps you caught each other on a bad day.
96wb42
Mid Door
Closed Thread