Wanderlodge Owners Group  

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Tires, Brakes, Steering and Suspensions

Tires, Brakes, Steering and Suspensions Discussion of preventative/corrective maintenance and other technical issues regarding your coach's Tires, Brakes, Steering and Suspensions and related components.

Site Search:

Old 09-07-2011

Default Koni Shocks

I have found koni shocks part # 90-2497SP1 front shocks for my BB for $154.00 ea. at www.autoshephed.com with free shipping.

I asked for 90-1025FSD for the rear shocks, but the guy said that is not a good part number. Can anyone help me with a part number for my 82 BB?

Thanks
240-688-1725
Old 09-07-2011
1983 FC 35 "Casa Billisa"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cemjam View Post
I have found koni shocks part # 90-2497SP1 front shocks for my BB for $154.00 ea. at www.autoshephed.com with free shipping.

I asked for 90-1025FSD for the rear shocks, but the guy said that is not a good part number. Can anyone help me with a part number for my 82 BB?

Thanks
Great price on the SP1s

Try this for the rears

9005-1025 FSD

NH Bill
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6-29-11 Koni Shocks Front Orange 90-2497 SP1Rear 9005-1025-FSD 003.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	12271  
2006 Jeep Liberty CRD

Last edited by NH Bill; 09-07-2011 at 06:13 PM.
Old 09-07-2011

Hey Bill,

Thanks for the part number. I will give them a call in the morning. I had checked all around for the front shock to the tune of $197.00 to $220.00 so I jumped all over the $154 price. I hope they can do the same for the rears.
240-688-1725
Old 12-15-2011
83-fcsb

Default 83 fcsb which are the right ones

Hi again all, I have now completed the awesome job of bead blasting the underside,priming, and painting from fwd of rear suspention all the way to inside of the back bumper. tired of reaching up for a wire or air line and getting a face (ears,nose, u get the picture) full of grit,rust dust etc. anyway i'm now gettin ready to reinstall my polished wheels and got to thinkin about the shocks. no history, when changed(if ever) or branding. it seams as though lots of you are runnin KONI's and are happy with the results. my ?. which ones,and the difference between the sp1 , and the fsc units. am lookin for the wisedom and some KONI numbers. Thanks All,
Old 12-16-2011
Itchintogo

Hi Larry,

If you do a search for Koni Shocks it will bring up several threads with the information you want. Lots of information here:

Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Tires, Brakes, Steering and Suspensions > PT Koni Shock Absorber

Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Tires, Brakes, Steering and Suspensions > New Shocks
Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Tires, Brakes, Steering and Suspensions > New Shocks
Old 12-16-2011
1983 FC 35 "Casa Billisa"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Thoreen View Post
Hi again all, I have now completed the awesome job of bead blasting the underside,priming, and painting from fwd of rear suspention all the way to inside of the back bumper. tired of reaching up for a wire or air line and getting a face (ears,nose, u get the picture) full of grit,rust dust etc. anyway i'm now gettin ready to reinstall my polished wheels and got to thinkin about the shocks. no history, when changed(if ever) or branding. it seams as though lots of you are runnin KONI's and are happy with the results. my ?. which ones,and the difference between the sp1 , and the fsc units. am lookin for the wisedom and some KONI numbers. Thanks All,
Larry,

Replaced all four shocks in our 83 FC SB about 2000 miles ago. Went with Konis all around. Huge improvement!

The best deal I found was from SHOX.COM $799 included shipping. I think somebody posted in the following thread they did better on price.

Two Front Koni 90-2497 SP1

Two Rear Koni 9005-1025 FSD

Lots of info on the details here.

http://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.co...ht=koni&page=2

NH Bill
2006 Jeep Liberty CRD
Old 01-12-2012
Birdless

After inspecting my front axle shocks today I went ahead and removed them. They still work fine, I'm going to readjust a little softer. Question: the bushings are worn out on one of the shocks. Can I get just the bushings from Koni? or another source?? thanks!

" Feather Duster "
Old 01-12-2012
davidmbrady

Hi Slim,

I know that Koni sells the bushings.
Old 01-12-2012
Birdless

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmbrady View Post
Hi Slim,

I know that Koni sells the bushings.
Thanks David! I looked on their site earlier but didn't see any parts. I'll give them a call tomorrow.

" Feather Duster "
Old 01-13-2012
Can't re-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somervillebus View Post
After inspecting my front axle shocks today I went ahead and removed them. They still work fine, I'm going to readjust a little softer. Question: the bushings are worn out on one of the shocks. Can I get just the bushings from Koni? or another source?? thanks!
I think I may have bushings. I'll take a look today and let you know.......

John Stiles
1980 33FC
"My Navion"
Stockbridge, GA