Wanderlodge Owners Group  

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Tires, Brakes, Steering and Suspensions

Tires, Brakes, Steering and Suspensions Discussion of preventative/corrective maintenance and other technical issues regarding your coach's Tires, Brakes, Steering and Suspensions and related components.

Site Search:
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 09-07-2011
cemjam cemjam is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Silver Spring
Posts: 865
Default Koni Shocks

I have found koni shocks part # 90-2497SP1 front shocks for my BB for $154.00 ea. at www.autoshephed.com with free shipping.

I asked for 90-1025FSD for the rear shocks, but the guy said that is not a good part number. Can anyone help me with a part number for my 82 BB?

Thanks
__________________
Chris Morley (momo)
Baltimore, MD
1982 FCSB
240-688-1725
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-07-2011
NH Bill's Avatar
NH Bill NH Bill is offline
1983 FC 35 "Casa Billisa"
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: St. Petersburg
Posts: 2,747
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cemjam View Post
I have found koni shocks part # 90-2497SP1 front shocks for my BB for $154.00 ea. at www.autoshephed.com with free shipping.

I asked for 90-1025FSD for the rear shocks, but the guy said that is not a good part number. Can anyone help me with a part number for my 82 BB?

Thanks
Great price on the SP1s

Try this for the rears

9005-1025 FSD

NH Bill
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6-29-11 Koni Shocks Front Orange 90-2497 SP1Rear 9005-1025-FSD 003.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	12271  
__________________
Bill and Lisa
BILLISA Adventures LLC
83 FC-35 SB "Casa Billisa"
2006 Jeep Liberty CRD

Last edited by NH Bill; 09-07-2011 at 06:13 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-07-2011
cemjam cemjam is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Silver Spring
Posts: 865
Default

Hey Bill,

Thanks for the part number. I will give them a call in the morning. I had checked all around for the front shock to the tune of $197.00 to $220.00 so I jumped all over the $154 price. I hope they can do the same for the rears.
__________________
Chris Morley (momo)
Baltimore, MD
1982 FCSB
240-688-1725
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-15-2011
Larry Thoreen Larry Thoreen is offline
83-fcsb
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Kingston
Posts: 20
Default 83 fcsb which are the right ones

Hi again all, I have now completed the awesome job of bead blasting the underside,priming, and painting from fwd of rear suspention all the way to inside of the back bumper. tired of reaching up for a wire or air line and getting a face (ears,nose, u get the picture) full of grit,rust dust etc. anyway i'm now gettin ready to reinstall my polished wheels and got to thinkin about the shocks. no history, when changed(if ever) or branding. it seams as though lots of you are runnin KONI's and are happy with the results. my ?. which ones,and the difference between the sp1 , and the fsc units. am lookin for the wisedom and some KONI numbers. Thanks All,
__________________
larry thoreen
1983 35'fc-sb
kingston,wa
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-16-2011
Itchintogo
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Hi Larry,

If you do a search for Koni Shocks it will bring up several threads with the information you want. Lots of information here:



Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Tires, Brakes, Steering and Suspensions > PT Koni Shock Absorber

Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Tires, Brakes, Steering and Suspensions > New Shocks
Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Tires, Brakes, Steering and Suspensions > New Shocks
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-16-2011
NH Bill's Avatar
NH Bill NH Bill is offline
1983 FC 35 "Casa Billisa"
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: St. Petersburg
Posts: 2,747
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Thoreen View Post
Hi again all, I have now completed the awesome job of bead blasting the underside,priming, and painting from fwd of rear suspention all the way to inside of the back bumper. tired of reaching up for a wire or air line and getting a face (ears,nose, u get the picture) full of grit,rust dust etc. anyway i'm now gettin ready to reinstall my polished wheels and got to thinkin about the shocks. no history, when changed(if ever) or branding. it seams as though lots of you are runnin KONI's and are happy with the results. my ?. which ones,and the difference between the sp1 , and the fsc units. am lookin for the wisedom and some KONI numbers. Thanks All,
Larry,

Replaced all four shocks in our 83 FC SB about 2000 miles ago. Went with Konis all around. Huge improvement!

The best deal I found was from SHOX.COM $799 included shipping. I think somebody posted in the following thread they did better on price.

Two Front Koni 90-2497 SP1

Two Rear Koni 9005-1025 FSD

Lots of info on the details here.

http://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.co...ht=koni&page=2

NH Bill
__________________
Bill and Lisa
BILLISA Adventures LLC
83 FC-35 SB "Casa Billisa"
2006 Jeep Liberty CRD
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-12-2012
Somervillebus's Avatar
Somervillebus Somervillebus is offline
Birdless
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Kingston Springs, Tn.
Posts: 804
Default

After inspecting my front axle shocks today I went ahead and removed them. They still work fine, I'm going to readjust a little softer. Question: the bushings are worn out on one of the shocks. Can I get just the bushings from Koni? or another source?? thanks!
__________________
Slim Somerville
(Once had a )99 LXi
Kingston Springs, Tn.

" Feather Duster "
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-12-2012
davidmbrady
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Hi Slim,

I know that Koni sells the bushings.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-12-2012
Somervillebus's Avatar
Somervillebus Somervillebus is offline
Birdless
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Kingston Springs, Tn.
Posts: 804
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmbrady View Post
Hi Slim,

I know that Koni sells the bushings.
Thanks David! I looked on their site earlier but didn't see any parts. I'll give them a call tomorrow.
__________________
Slim Somerville
(Once had a )99 LXi
Kingston Springs, Tn.

" Feather Duster "
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-13-2012
mynavion mynavion is offline
Can't re-member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Stockbridge
Posts: 2,189
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somervillebus View Post
After inspecting my front axle shocks today I went ahead and removed them. They still work fine, I'm going to readjust a little softer. Question: the bushings are worn out on one of the shocks. Can I get just the bushings from Koni? or another source?? thanks!
I think I may have bushings. I'll take a look today and let you know.......
__________________

John Stiles
1980 33FC
"My Navion"
Stockbridge, GA
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Koni Shocks - Color Rich Johnson FC (Forward Control Unique Issues) 4 07-07-2010 03:46 PM
Koni Shocks Ned Hoopes Parts Wanted 3 04-01-2010 12:20 PM
LX--LXI Koni shocks Ed Wimberley Craigs List, Ebay, Coaches and other Finds 2 01-30-2009 11:31 PM
KONI FSD Self Adjusting Shocks & KONI Adjustable Shocks, Procedure & Part Numbers iamflagman Tires, Brakes, Steering and Suspensions 0 04-08-2008 02:16 AM
Koni Shocks Robert Britton FC Parts List 0 01-22-2008 09:02 PM

Web Search:

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.