Wanderlodge Owners Group  

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > M450 (Unique Issues)

M450 (Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your M450 model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it.....list your M450 Parts here too. NO DISCUSSION OF ANY OF THE M450 LAWSUITS ALLOWED HERE.

Site Search:

Old 09-26-2011

Default M 450 LXi Slide Operation

Doubledoc wrote:

"5. When driving, the Hadley air system keeps the unit parallel to the road and not to the horizon. Old procedure was to level unit to horizon and then move slides in or out. New procedure is to move slides out when parallel to the road surface and then level to the horizon. Retracting slide requires starting engine to get full air pressure and level unit to road not horizon and then retract the slides. I think the frame can twist a little when leveling to horizon. The slide fit is tight and can bind up a bit especially the locking mechanism."

Owners Manual says: (Boldface added by me.)

"Accessory State: Ignition in Accessory position, Parking brake ON.
Level State: Level condition not required for slide-out operation. Level LED indicates Level state only.
Locked State: Both slide-out room locks are in the LOCKED state.
Unlocked State: Both slide-out room locks are in the UNLOCKED state.
No Shift State: Transmission inhibited from shifting gears. The Shift Inhibit relay closes when any Room IN limit
switch is not closed which indicates the respective slide-out room is in the IN state. The NO SHIFT LED indicates the
transmission cannot be shifted.
Air State: System air pressure greater than 90 psi.
In State: Both slide-out room IN limit switches are closed.
Out State: Both slide-out room OUT limit switches are closed."

My question is this: I have always leveled (to the horizon) first, then extended the slides. Exceptions are for a quick stop when no leveling is done. Should I be extending the slides prior to leveling as stated in the "New Procedure" above? I did have a slide stick open once but leveling to the road corrected the problem.

Also, by retracting the slides prior to unplugging, the on board compressor maintains air pressure well over the 90 psi needed for the slide locks so the engine does not have to be started. I have found that if the slide locks seem to take excessive pressure or are slow to react, there is water in the axillary tank and it needs to be purged from the lock mechanism as stated on pages 126 & 127 of the Owner's Manual.
Old 09-26-2011

Default Slide operation

You are right about air pressure from the compressor. Mine builds to 120psi which is plenty. We have been dry camping lately so I start the engine to be sure there is enough pressure not necessary if plugged in.
"Dream Catcher"
Old 11-25-2011

Doubledoc's (Jim's) method of retracting slides saves the day! I had a slide stick in the open position at a fairly unlevel site, and, after leveling to the "road", it came right in. Thanks Doubledoc!!!!
Old 05-27-2013

Default M450 slide problem

I have read through the posts on retracting the slide. I have the bedroom slide stuck about half way out. The other two slides are operating normally. The bedroom slide went about half way out and stopped and would not extend or retract. The sound the slide makes in the extend or retract position sounds like air escaping. Is there a manual way of retracting the slide, the transmission is in the do not shift position.
I looked through the manuals but did not find any information that would help me with the problem. I know the Forum will have the knowledge base to help me. Also, the 2005 M450 is very new to me and I am still in the learning stage.
Old 05-27-2013

John,

What position is your coach in now? Is it level or at ride height?
Old 05-27-2013

Hi,
The problems discussed in this link probably do not relate to your issue as they are possibly due to the pins jamming at the full out or in position.
First thought is to check the breaker and power -- 2nd bay road side There is a converter (upper right , near door ) that reduces the 120 V from the invertor to 28 Volts for the slides motor. Make sure breaker is on -Need to remove 4 screws . Even without opening , you can hear the converter fan if the breaker is OK..
Old 05-28-2013

I will check the braker when I get home this evening; thanks for the help, it gives me a place to start.
Old 05-28-2013

Sounds like a power problem.

Also be sure to check the breakers on your inverters as a popped button/breaker there can cause power interruption to the slide(s).
Old 05-28-2013

There is also a breaker on the main panel in bedroom above stereo .it powers the converter. I forget it's label. Good one to turn off when not moving slide.ie when not plugged in.significant battery drain..
Old 05-28-2013

John,
check your PM's