Wanderlodge Owners Group  

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > M380 (Unique Issues)

M380 (Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your M380 model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it.....list your M380 Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 10-30-2011

Default Winterizing M380

As much as I hate to shut things down for the winter, it's time. What advise can anyone offer with regard to winterizing the M380? Is there an intake hose for RV antifreeze? What about the Hurricane water heater? I do have the coach inside and plugged in, but it's not heated. Is it advisable to keep the circuit breaker to the Hurricane on so that it stays heated? Thanks.
Old 11-02-2011

No drinkable antifreeze here in the uk, so I drain all the water out of my m380 using the drain in locker 3+ leave on taps on including the 'really hot water 'one I think then drive it just to get the last few dribbles out, switch off the hurriacane then it has a bleed right on the front of it to let the water out, I take off the water filter & unscrew the toilet swirter + outdoor one as ive had these brake with frost.
I know there is proabably still a small omount of water in the ice maker but haven't figured how to gewt that out.
Last winter we got down -20c & my rv is out side with no trouble

2004 wanderlodge M380
Old 11-02-2011

Brent,

I always used air to blow all of the water out of the lines first then add RV antifreeze through the pump until it comes out each cold and hot faucet. The air alone can't give you 100% protection. After pumping antifreeze into the lines I again used air pressure to blow it all out so it goes into the "P" traps and tanks. Don't forget to run some to the icemaker valve and washer. Blowing it all out makes de-winterizing easy. Just add some fresh water to your tank and run a little water to each faucet. I installed an additional pump inlet hose with a valve so I didn't have to disconnect the pump suction line each time to draw in antifreeze.
Old 11-04-2011

Actually, we have found the most effective way to winterize our bird is to fill the tank with diesel, get on board...and Head South!! Life is good!
Missouri