Wanderlodge Owners Group  

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Transmission

Transmission Discussion of preventative/corrective maintenance and other technical issues regarding your coach's transmission.

Site Search:

Old 06-01-2012

Default code 32 on allison ht755

hi guys
i have this code (#32) from time to time i think this is a "transmission direction signial- fault" not sure though..if i shift into forward coach won't move but if i shift into rev then to forward and coach will move forward and code may or may not go away any thought on this? anyone else ever had this code?/
thanks for any help solving this - mike
washington Il.
Old 06-01-2012

Hi Mike,

Just for the record I am not an Allison mechanic and have not played one on TV....

But sitting here having my second cup of coffee I did a little research and it does appear that the 32 code is the "direction signal". One of the things listed that could cause this is:
"Direction signal is present at the reverse pressure switch but gear is shifted to forward".
If your reverse pressure switch is hanging up, I suppose it makes sense that shifting into reverse and back into forward could cause the switch to release.

If the reverse pressure switch was not operating at all I would think you would get a "15" code.

Not much troubleshooting info in this .pdf file on the HT755, but it does show the reverse signal port to be on the driver side middle of the main trans body just above the pan.
http://www.allisontransmission.com/s...t=MT1958EN.pdf
2012 Wrangler Unlimited
Lancaster, Ohio

Last edited by Buckeye Bird; 06-01-2012 at 10:20 AM.
Old 06-01-2012

hi Dan
thanks for checking into it...i too looked up code - was just hoping that someone had this happen that could shed some light on what if anything can be done with out going trans shop..i'm not sure if its a pressure switch or hyd, solenoid that applies pressure to rev. circuit...may need to get rev. solenoid replaced (may be leaking pressure at times)i guess i could check and see if there is pressure at test plug when this is going on...just hate to spend money if i don't have to...would rather spend it on diesel fuel!!i just moved coach and fault light is off but i don't expect it to stay off...
thanks again for your input
mike
washington Il.
Old 06-01-2012

It would be easier to troubleshoot if it just did it all the time. Since it is intermittent even trying to test it will be tough. That is the kind of thing that drives me nuts....
2012 Wrangler Unlimited
Lancaster, Ohio
Old 06-02-2012

Nothing worse than something that won't stay broke!
Rolla, MO 65401
Old 06-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Bird View Post
It would be easier to troubleshoot if it just did it all the time. Since it is intermittent even trying to test it will be tough. That is the kind of thing that drives me nuts....
hi Dan
where did you gather the trouble shooting info in your 1st post as there doesn't seen to be any in link you provided??
mike
washington Il.
Old 06-02-2012

I don't seem to be able to find it again...
I did a lot of searches using different terms, and don't remember what I used when I ran across that one.

There doesn't seem to be a lot of info out there on Allisons when it comes to the troubleshooting. I'll look some more later today.

Does that have an external reverse pressure switch ?
2012 Wrangler Unlimited
Lancaster, Ohio
Old 06-02-2012

Dan i would have to say no... i haven't looked at anything on outside of trans that looks like a pressure sw.(theres no external wiring on trans.) there are 5-8 (cant remember exact number) elec over hyd solenoids on valve body in pan...i haven't been in there lately but do recall that much from changing internal filter 2 years ago..this problem started after ratts i think one of the solenoids is not seating all the time...in forward or rev. there are multiple solenoids working... i would order manual if i had info on which one to order
allison web site to me is not all that helpful
mike
washington Il.
Old 06-03-2012

I still wasn't able to reproduce the search where I found that code info. If I remember right it looked liked a scanned page out of a book.

Sounds like in any case you are going to have to get into the valve body

I agree on the Allison website not being much help. I am going to enter the serial number from mine in the "MyAllison" section to see what kind of info it will give me.
2012 Wrangler Unlimited
Lancaster, Ohio
Old 06-03-2012

thanks for your help dan
i'll keep looking for trouble shooting manual...will contact allison monday mike
washington Il.