Wanderlodge Owners Group  

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Tires, Brakes, Steering and Suspensions

Tires, Brakes, Steering and Suspensions Discussion of preventative/corrective maintenance and other technical issues regarding your coach's Tires, Brakes, Steering and Suspensions and related components.

Site Search:

Old 09-21-2013

Default Koni Shock Info

Hello all!
just an FYI,
I searched for Koni's for the front of my coach (lost of listings no inventory most places) finally found some at Midwest Bus parts in Big Lake MN I stopped in and picked up a pair on our way home. 125.00 ea for 90-2497SP1's they are NOS but are perfect, nice folks, busy place but had time to chat for a minute and helped me find a camp ground close by. I also asked about FC windshields, 290.00 for the tinted and Derek has the wanderlodge fast moving parts book we have so he can see what you're referring to by P/N. I have no connection beyond being a satisfied customer!
Old 09-21-2013
Forum Moderator

I would do some research before buying Koni. I replaced all my Konis with Gabriel and Hendricksons a week ago for around $500. That was a total of 6 shocks

Last edited by Rob Robinson; 09-22-2013 at 07:06 AM.
Old 09-22-2013
Forum Moderator / Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMuck View Post
Hello all!
just an FYI,
I searched for Koni's for the front of my coach (lost of listings no inventory most places) finally found some at Midwest Bus parts in Big Lake MN I stopped in and picked up a pair on our way home. 125.00 ea for 90-2497SP1's they are NOS but are perfect, nice folks, busy place but had time to chat for a minute and helped me find a camp ground close by. I also asked about FC windshields, 290.00 for the tinted and Derek has the wanderlodge fast moving parts book we have so he can see what you're referring to by P/N. I have no connection beyond being a satisfied customer!

They are already listed here on WOG under Wanderlodge Owners Group > Good, Bad, and Ugly > Vendors > Midwest Bus Parts has Koni Shocks and more

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR-ADMINISTRATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11
Old 09-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Robinson View Post
I would do some research before buying Koni. I replaced all my Konis with Gabriel and Hendricksons a week ago for around $500. That was a total of 6 shocks

Hi Rob,

So, how do you like those shocks? Im in the market for new too...

Got to say though, Ive always been happy with Koni's whenever I bought them. Cant say that about other brands...

They are pricy though!

/Joe

'93 WB40 'Alligator'
Sedona, AZ
Fun-Fun-Fun Till they take the BlueBird Away!
Old 09-22-2013

Default Koni Shock Info

Kelly:
Where are you and Anne now?
Kitimat, B.C. Canada eh
Old 09-22-2013
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by konehd View Post
Hi Rob,

So, how do you like those shocks? Im in the market for new too...

Got to say though, Ive always been happy with Koni's whenever I bought them. Cant say that about other brands...

They are pricy though!

/Joe
Joe I love the new shocks. Now the ride is much smoother and the lean in corners has been reduced. I need to have the bushings replaced on the sway bar and that should improve both the ride and the sway even more.
Old 09-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Robinson View Post
Joe I love the new shocks. Now the ride is much smoother and the lean in corners has been reduced. I need to have the bushings replaced on the sway bar and that should improve both the ride and the sway even more.
Rob,
When you take your coach to Henderson's Line-Up, be sure to ask for Eric...best Tech around for that type of work!
Baby Bird (sold)
Hollister, California
Old 09-22-2013
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Britton View Post
Rob,
When you take your coach to Henderson's Line-Up, be sure to ask for Eric...best Tech around for that type of work!
Thanks Robert. I'm now trying to get the job done up here. It is fair distance to Grants Pass Oregon and now that the noise is worse I'm thinking it should be done ASAP.
Old 09-23-2013

Default RE: Konis

Hi Rob,
For your coach with the tag axel I believe Gabriels are a good choice but as many others have found the FC's require much more rebound damping to control porpoising and body roll, I replaced a worn out set of monro's with another set because it was all I could get here, I thought they were a huge improvement, which they were, but on the road they just didn't cut it, one dip in the pavement had us out of seats and off ramps were 20 to 20 MPH tops, I installed the Konis as soon as I got them and while cycling them to purge air before installing it was obvious they have at least twice the rebound the monro's had, which is a very good thing, I noticed another FC owner had the same findings. My coach now handles and drives as well as it can, very relaxing and comfortable to drive and Annie will doze in the co-pilot seat which wasn't possible before. I did fit Gabriels to the rear and find them a big improvement, a bit less damping than the original Konis I removed two days in to our trip. They provide a nice firm ride without being harsh.

Bill
We arrived home Sunday after 33 days away and somewhere between 5 and 6 thousand miles, got to calculate that today, the Cat used 3 litres of oil I will calculate fuel mileage as we traveled at an indicated 55 Mph most of the time
I repaired the cruise linkage at Perth and otherwise we were trouble free!
A wonderfull trip. (wrong place to post but Bill asked, well sort of)
Old 09-23-2013
Forum Moderator

Kelly I used Gabriels on the steer and drive. The Hendrickson's I put on the tag are a common shock used here in BC for logging trucks and their pups. The parts guy was surprised when he found out my tags called for such a robust shock.