Wanderlodge Owners Group  

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > Coaches For Sale by WOG Members

Coaches For Sale by WOG Members Coaches WOG members have for sale along with a short description.

Site Search:

Old 06-19-2009

Default 1997 BMC (37')

Sandy and I are thinking of selling our BMC. Just bought it in November '08, but we are now feeling that we will not use it enough to continue to keep the coach. She is into horses and grandkids, well anyway, I am trying to get a value for the coach. If it is not too valuable, we will just keep it and use it, however rarely.

Since November, new coach and engine batteries, new front tires (RY677 Yokohoma), coach alignment and front end alignment (Branson Coach Works), all new engine, hydraulic, air, and Aquahot filters. New alternator (Motorola), new Sony Bravio flat screen TV (in the front). 365 hours on the generator (Power Tech) 61971 miles on the coach.

Have driven the coach around 5700 miles since purschase. San Francisco to Missouri, Missouri to Southern Texas late December and January, and recently went to Niagara Falls and back through Pennsylvania, Ohio, West Virginia, and Kentucky. This coach runs very well.

She has a few faults. Need the awning repaired over the bedroom window (drivers side). Exhaust fan in the bathroom is not working. One sliding window in the bedroom is cracked (right side) Instant hot water is not working. I do not use the Satelite Dish, so it not connected to one of the satelite servers.

Has the original interior. We are the third owners. It spent most of its life in California.

Any interest or observations on value, I would appreciate your thoughts.
Old 06-20-2009

Have you looked at NADA.com?

Not sure how accurate it is but it does show value listings for a 97 BMC.

Go to NADA.com

Select Consumer section

Next screen shows a variety of choices, select Recreation Vehicles

Next Select Motor Homes

Next Select "W"

Select "1997" under "Wanderlodges"

Select "37' BMC"

Then select all equipment that applies. Not all equipent will be available such as I did not see a selection for an Aqua Hot system.

When done select "Get Used Value"

Having said all this I have NO idea how accurate this is but it might give you a "Ball Park" idea. This may be worthless as you may not get that value you for it in todays economy.

This info/advice is worth what you paid for it.
1999, Jeep Cherokee, Toad
1970, VW Baja Bug, Alternate Toad
Old 06-20-2009
Forum owner

the dealer NADA book shows;
wholesale $51,170
retail $63,590
For your info,things have not been selling at retail.
good luck!
Bainbridge,Ga.
www.buybyebluebird.com
www.pbase.com/rdupree1
randy@randydupree.com
Old 06-20-2009

Don't know what tax rules are nowadays, but I believe that when we're thru with our bird, we'll probably donate it to a charity and do so in a year we've peaked taxable income. Always found that the tax writeoff on charitable donations exceeded what I could get on market on many items. Again, who knows what the tax laws will be - next year or next week??
Ed N
Old 06-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Dupree View Post
the dealer NADA book shows;
wholesale $51,170
retail $63,590
For your info,things have not been selling at retail.
good luck!
I'd love to see the dealer book and how it compares with the online version.

My biggest pet peeve with the online NADA guide is that folks will check everything their coach has as an "option". If the coach came standard with 3 AC's, then it isn't an option. If it came with 2 AC's and you added a 3rd, then THAT is an option. If it came standard with a 7 cu ft refrigerator and you have a 10 cu ft, then THAT is an option. I hope all this makes sense. And, this isn't directed at anyone here. But, anything it comes with normally doesn't get added on their little checklist.

The effect of this is that some dealers will show the NADA values and add in all these things that come standard to make folks think the value is significantly higher. I don't blame them for trying. But, it does amuse me.

The other thing about NADA is that it tends to lag reality a bit. And, the rarer the vehicle, the less accurate the numbers as they rely on numbers reported from their network of dealers. I've found NADA to be all over the place on Wanderlodge's in the past. It seems to have gotten more consistent in the past year or so. So, beware using those numbers. Its definitely a good place to start, though. I'd then check some of the online for sale places and see what folks are asking for comparables. Of course, asking isn't selling and if its been there for a year or more, then it too high. There's a significant population that has a high price on their vehicle just waiting for the right sucker to come along (or they have an unrealistic view of what its worth).

More info is better when selling - not just buying. An informed seller has realistic expectations!

By the way....here's some BMC's for sale to comepare to...

http://www.rvt.com/rvdetail4256588.htm
This one's been out there for at least 6 months and I think over a year.

http://www.rvtraderonline.com/find/l...lodge-95147847
This one has shown up recently. Its a 40' tag.

http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/sold/di...otor-homes.htm
There's a 95 BMC on this list that sold last month for 45K

I'd guess yours is in the 45-60K range at first glance - higher meaning an exceptional coach and the willingness to wait for the right buyer.
Marietta, GA

Last edited by Joatha; 06-20-2009 at 10:43 AM.
Old 06-20-2009

Bob

With regards to the exhaust fan in bathroom. Is it a Fantastic vent? I had a fuse blow up top and she sprang to life. If that does not fix it call the number from their web site http://www.fantasticvent.com/ and talk to a tech. When the speed controller went bad we walked through a few troubleshooting points then he sent me a new one...Best off all it was free...Very happy with their customer service...JOE sends
Dover, Fla.
Old 06-20-2009
Forum owner

i don't use the on line NADA,i use the dealer book and it does not ask for all those options.
It simply says a 37' BMC sold for this,retails for that,and wholesales for this.
It also says on the cover that its a guide.
We have all seen stuff sell cheaper,and higher than what the book says.

From what I have seen in the last few years,the book I use has been pretty close on what the sale prices have been.
YMMV
Bainbridge,Ga.
www.buybyebluebird.com
www.pbase.com/rdupree1
randy@randydupree.com
Old 07-12-2009

Default Did you decide to sell?

I have been trying to respond privately, but for some reason it won't go through (at least I don't think so). Just wondering more about your bluebird -- asking price, details, pictures, etc. Mike and I will be purchasing in the somewhat near future. Thanks
Jana and Mike
Old 07-12-2009

Default 95 BMC not for sale

We plan to keep our 95 BMC for many more years.
Ed N
Old 07-12-2009

Sandybob at the very top was talking about maybe selling a 97 BMC 37' http://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.co...wreply&p=24390 (if getting emails vs looking at website)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thudpilot1 View Post
We plan to keep our 95 BMC for many more years.
Ed N
Full timer, USA