Wanderlodge Owners Group

Wanderlodge Owners Group (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/index.php)
-   'Bird Projects & Modifications (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   House fridge install in a 99 LXI (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16339)

Randy Dupree 04-22-2013 10:17 AM

House fridge install in a 99 LXI

Rumor has it that Peter and Rob are doing a major refit of Robs LXI.
A new house fridge,new floors and a new chair for Rob.
Rob may even get Sue a new chair!
Rob has promised pictures,as soon as the Aleve takes effect!

It seems Peter has been working Rob extra hard,the last few days!

Rob Robinson 04-22-2013 10:44 AM

The rumour is true and I will have pictures as soon as I get home. I left some electronics back there that I need to download pics. The old 4 door Norcold is out and the new is in. We'll secure with brackets today. New fridge is amazing. From the time it was first plugged in it took less than an hour to reach the factory settings for freezer and fridge temperatures. Peter prepped the floor with Ardex Feather Finish compound last night and it is ready for some light sanding. Ibprofin (Aleve) is definitely recommended for this job. I don't know how you do it Ernie.

al perna 04-22-2013 01:14 PM

Rob , did the old one quit or is this a upgrade ?

cmillsap 04-22-2013 04:05 PM

Hi Rob,

Replacing the frige usually requires the passenger's side windshield to be removed to get the old one out and the new one in. Did Peter and you have to remove the windshield?

Chuck

Bill&Peggy 04-22-2013 05:53 PM

Hey Rob,

ALL the details, including the model and make of the refrigerator, please. And LOTS of pictures.

My Norcold 4 door works just fine (for now) but I have never liked or trusted these things and would love to replace it.

irmagoo 04-22-2013 07:16 PM

hang in there rob!!! in a week or two it'll only be hurt when your awake:eek:
can't wait for the pics!!!
mike

rrueckwald 04-22-2013 07:27 PM

Parliament removed my Dometic today. They did it with four guys through the door, but had to remove the right seat first. Don't know yet about installing a new house unit.

Rob Robinson 04-22-2013 11:50 PM

Old fridge is still operable and we will sell it. I took it out because I don't trust them. In both Peter's bus, his house and now my bus the fridge of choice is the Samsung RF 197. It runs on modified sine wave invertor power because it takes the MSW 120V and rectifies it to 12V. The fridge runs on 12V essentially but don't try and hook one up directly to your RV 12V power. Except for some trim pieces the fridge is done. Tomorrow we start laying new flooring. Aleve time so nighty night.

robwillard 04-23-2013 07:42 AM

Rob Really interested in the modifications you had to make to the opening and how difficult that was. My main concern in looking at these has been the depth... so can't wait to see how yours turned out.

Randy Dupree 04-23-2013 07:49 AM

Robs fridge has a new cooling unit in it,only a few years old.
Its a nice fridge,but Rob full times and Sue is a gourmet chef,she needs lot of fridge!
Really,for full timing when Rob is in a park for months on end,the house fridge is the way to go.