Wanderlodge Owners Group

Wanderlodge Owners Group (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/index.php)
-   LX and LXI (Unique Issues) (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=91)
-   -   Do I have any siblings (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32694)

Leasing Dave 11-06-2018 03:39 PM

Do I have any siblings

6 Attachment(s)
When I purchased my 2000 LX, this past December, the ad listed the Coach as a"special Edition". As shown in the attachments, it is a Millennium Limited Edition. I started some research and found the following.
Vintage Birds site history page shows that in the 2000 model year brochure
that LX and LXI models were produced and additionally a limited number of LX and LXI Limited edition models were to be produced also.
In searching WOG, I found a post that indicated six units of each model, LX and LXI were to be produced. This seems to be supported by the fact that my Coach has medallion on the entry step showing it to be Coach 5 of 6. The attached photos show the color of the Coach as Black and silver exterior and interior. The coach has several unique features in addition to the color combo.
The previous owner was second owner and had the Coach for twelve years.

Can anyone shed more light on this Coach and are there any of the other five LX's out there?

Below is a cut and paste from the WOG post :

I have a sales brochure about the Millennium Edition Wanderlodge and
in it states that :"The Wanderlodge Millennium Limited Edition ... 12 special vehicles (six LXI & six LX models) will be enjoyed by a privileged few."
It goes on to state .."You'll note an array of extra flourishes both inside and out. These include special wallpapers and fabrics. Unique finishes and fixtures. And a limited edition exterior paint scheme."
Further...""all twelve Wanderlodge Millennium Coaches are custom-equipped with a long list of cutting edge components. From special Audio-Visual systems to satellite Dishes and special exterior entertainment centers."
Hope that helps.

badandy 11-06-2018 04:16 PM

I don't know anything about them, but that's an excellent color combo.

Leasing Dave 11-06-2018 04:19 PM

Thanks, the color combo was the main reason I bought it. Hope I have some siblings out there.

birds_first 11-06-2018 04:28 PM

Yes you have siblings, I have appraised at least 4 over the years. There were 6 LX units and 6 LXi units produced. One of the LXi units was destroyed by fire in Canada. I can't remember where they all where or who owned them without researching, but they're out there. Outside the plaque and the china cabinet with the Lenox special edition china and the paint they're just another nice looking bird. Enjoy

Leasing Dave 11-06-2018 04:58 PM

Thank for the info. If you happen across any others for appraisal, please pass my contact info along.

SNOWBIRD 11-06-2018 06:43 PM

I have a light switch panel in my 98 in the bedroom that says "Millennium Edition". I wonder how that got there?

Leasing Dave 11-06-2018 07:17 PM

My intent when posting was not to suggest that I had anything special, only different and hopefully to find out more about the production and if others are out there.

irmagoo 11-06-2018 07:34 PM

hi dave i think its cool
hope you find out more info on them
i for one am interested

Leasing Dave 11-06-2018 07:45 PM

Thanks, inquiring minds want to know.

curtsprenger 11-06-2018 07:50 PM

Tony Enos has LX Millennium Edition #4. He's not here on WOG that I know of. Previous owner Melvin Marks purchased it new and sold it to Tony in 2013.