Wanderlodge Owners Group

Wanderlodge Owners Group (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/index.php)
-   M450 (Unique Issues) (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=113)
-   -   slide seals on the 450 (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33462)

GregOC 03-17-2019 12:22 PM

Off the jacks requirement to open and close a 450 is a bit confusing also points to the need to read the owners manual and follow engineer instructions for what ever their reason.I plan to look at the 450 wanderlodge.com has in California, good to know i dont need to check slide tubes.. On the air blatter seals in the other lxi's, as instructed, they need full airtanks for the seal evacuate process to complete.

Icefixr66 03-17-2019 12:22 PM

That’s it Woody. The bar is part of the coach body. And also per Dan’s part #. The sealhasa 2” wiper so letter b

rwoody 03-17-2019 12:30 PM

i guess i have a hard time to grasp how that would seal around the round corners we have and looks like it needs a lip to complete closure of the seal

I think I got it--------
so looking at the side of bus bottom of the slide..the flap stands up-------the 2 bulbs are to double up the seal---------

so we can push in slide--------install a piece of angle iron all around slide..push on seal to install-lubricate it with slide spray and let er go............

Icefixr66 03-17-2019 12:34 PM

What lip? To hold the seal in place? Yes that is correct. I imagine the air seal does not have that ridge to attach the seal to the coach body. The wiper seals the corners as it bends around the corner. Our corners are round too

Icefixr66 03-17-2019 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GregOC (Post 445664)
Off the jacks requirement to open and close a 450 is a bit confusing also points to the need to read the owners manual and follow engineer instructions for what ever their reason.I plan to look at the 450 wanderlodge.com has in California, good to know i dont need to check slide tubes.. On the air blatter seals in the other lxi's, as instructed, they need full airtanks for the seal evacuate process to complete.

The quick and easy fix for the slide issues is this, put a quarter inch ball valve in the airline going to the air manifold for the slide locks . Once that is in place manually unlock the slides with the buttons that are on the manifold then shut the air off via that quarter inch ball valve and wait for all the air to exit the system and the red lights to come on indicating that the slides are unlocked . Once you do that leave the air shut off to that manifold . It has been determined that the slide motor and worm gear that runs the slide in and out is stout enough that the slides do not need to be locked . The motor that operates the slides is a worm gear direct drive motor and does not move until power is applied to it

GregOC 03-17-2019 12:55 PM

A bunch of talk about the air seal vaccum pump on prevost forums. But kind of wish the 450 had an airseal, if owners follow proper procedures they are tight and work great. When i shopped for my 99 lxi one owner opened the slide in his garage and you could hear the rubber drag. Then Rickey Craven pit manager went to open the slide on the one I bought and he first started the detroit to airup. Reset auto jacks, turned key, checked drivers seat, waited for light, hit the button, no rubber noise. I asked why he aired up he said it was one of the design procedures i am not the one to ask.

Icefixr66 03-17-2019 01:03 PM

Having done this procedure on my coach , I can run my slides in or out whether the coach be aired up, aired down ,on the jacks ,off the jacks ,it don’t matter

b1gsur 03-17-2019 04:53 PM

Bluebird procedure for the 450 by Bluebird. QA--Allen Barbee

FOFI

First out, Last in

Always in road height when moving slides, due to chassis twist ( 300 inch wheelbase ), they may bind if in any other mode ( like level, over high, or on the bumpers ).

b1gsur 03-17-2019 10:03 PM

Sorry guys on the acronym.

Should be FOLI

First put the slides out at road height, then level and last when leaving after road height attained, put the slides in.

rwoody 03-18-2019 05:25 PM

thanks too all for this information

Just got a sample coming..think its a upgrade over that silly inner tube deal!!!