Wanderlodge Owners Group

Wanderlodge Owners Group (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/index.php)
-   BMC (Bluebird Motor Coach Unique Issues) (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   Spartan Factory Service (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34756)

toolmaker 09-05-2019 04:24 PM

Spartan Factory Service

Have a appt with Spartan at the Charlotte factory service center.
Not having any issues but looking for advice on what to have the factory check out.
Any suggestions apppreciated.

Trees 09-05-2019 05:49 PM

Hi Paul, I’ve visited Spartan twice, satisfied both times, although I lost one of my front babymoon hubcaps after each visit, so check them yourself. They used to have a multi point check for a certain $ amount where they look at items we , or at least I can’t. I think I would have them check steering box, brakes and brake chambers, height control valves , differential. The will look for the obvious, and probably say your airbags are bad. You’re pretty handy so I can’t add much more. They used to set ride height as part of the inspection, don’t know if they still do. Good luck.

sailor7cs 09-05-2019 08:57 PM

paul,
As Tim said, I went there and had the 144 point inspection, pulled wheels. check drums and just about everything that they put in that chassis...
If you asked Barbara about our 144 Point inspection, she would tell you that they found 150 things wrong!!!:D:D:D:eek::eek::eek:

Quote:

Originally Posted by toolmaker (Post 463506)
Have a appt with Spartan at the Charlotte factory service center.
Not having any issues but looking for advice on what to have the factory check out.
Any suggestions apppreciated.

dthollis 09-19-2019 09:45 AM

Well Paul, how was the Spartan checkout?

jimmylee 09-19-2019 01:50 PM

Yes, interested to hear the outcome.

max hendrix 09-19-2019 02:28 PM

I think he’s got that scheduled for “next week”.

Since I am the P/O, I am also anxiously awaiting a report. That is a good bus. Sometimes I wish I had not sold it !!! I know I would have more money in the bank !!!!
But that reminds me of The jokes about an armored car following a Hearse. It ain’t gonna happen at my funeral !!!

Max.

toolmaker 09-19-2019 02:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Like Max said; next Monday on a fit you in sort of thing.
We had a appt on 9-11 but had to postpone that to get the tag axle shock brackets welded and shocks replaced. Did not want to drive the 130 miles from Bay City to Charlotte and then have Spartan tell me no 'hot work' at the service center.
Local shop in BC (Wieland Truck) did the work as noted in my recommendation in the service center listing.

SNOWBIRD 09-19-2019 07:05 PM

I live near Spartan and drive by the factory at least once/week. That place has really grown over the years. I think they're doing really well now with the contract for the FedEx vehicles. Everyone around here has good things to say about their service. I hope they treat you just as well. Let me know if you need anything while you're in town.

My coach is currently at Holland Motor Homes getting the dash air fixed. At times like this, I wish I had bought a BMC so I didn't have to drive 2 hours for service :)

toolmaker 09-20-2019 10:10 AM

Appreciate that offer Sky.
She starts, runs down the road straight and stops good so hopefully the inspection only finds some minor issues.

sailor7cs 09-20-2019 11:48 AM

Paul,

I don't remember if I told you before, but when we went to Spartan, we had the 144 point inspection and Barbara's quote was " With the 144 point inspection, they found 150 things wrong" :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Quote:

Originally Posted by toolmaker (Post 464945)
Appreciate that offer Sky.
She starts, runs down the road straight and stops good so hopefully the inspection only finds some minor issues.