Wanderlodge Owners Group

Wanderlodge Owners Group (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/index.php)
-   General (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Engine will not crank (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35216)

Double R 11-08-2019 07:44 PM

Engine will not crank

Greeting and thanks in advance for any help offered!

Still a newbie (1 year and about 2000 miles logged)

Replaced engine batteries yesterday, and after replacing tried to start and nothing. To be more specific I get power when key is turned and colts look good but when I turn switch no click click or start. Just flat. Batteries tested and are good. A/t switch is in correct position and all electronic switch is on. Not sure if something may need to be reset after battery installation. I am hoping it’s not the starter. Could it be the ignition switch

1999 wb lxi. DD series 60

Thanks again

bryanaltier 11-08-2019 08:09 PM

Sounds like a bad connection on a battery post.

Double R 11-08-2019 08:15 PM

I actually removed and re Insatlled but I guess it could be a bad cable

jcs707 11-08-2019 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Double R (Post 469323)
Greeting and thanks in advance for any help offered!

Still a newbie (1 year and about 2000 miles logged)

Replaced engine batteries yesterday, and after replacing tried to start and nothing. To be more specific I get power when key is turned and colts look good but when I turn switch no click click or start. Just flat. Batteries tested and are good. A/t switch is in correct position and all electronic switch is on. Not sure if something may need to be reset after battery installation. I am hoping it’s not the starter. Could it be the ignition switch

1999 wb lxi. DD series 60

Thanks again

Rear start switch? Tranny in Neutral?

Double R 11-08-2019 08:42 PM

It’s in neutral. And I did actually try to start from rear but nothing

speeddixon 11-08-2019 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Double R (Post 469328)
It’s in neutral. And I did actually try to start from rear but nothing

Try the AT switch in the other direction. If you can’t find the problem, I am in Hilton Head Island and can come over next weekend . Do you have a spot for us to park in?

Left a wire off when replacing batteries? Starter solenoid on the inside frame rail?

Chief607 11-08-2019 10:34 PM

You should have a auxiliary battery rocker switch on the right hand side. what happens if you hold that switch down and try to turn it over

Double R 11-08-2019 11:32 PM

Sean.
Thanks a million for the gracious offer. I am hoping to have it fixed need weekend for a out of town drag race. Cars is of course not buses. Will keep everyone updated

Double R 11-08-2019 11:34 PM

John
I haven’t noticed a rocker switch before. And in the last couple of days have spent many hours in the battery compartment. Will eyeball again first thing in the am.

Double R 11-08-2019 11:35 PM

You mean rocker switch on dash??? I did try that