Wanderlodge Owners Group

Wanderlodge Owners Group (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/index.php)
-   Reasons I Bought My Bluebird (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Why I bought my bus. (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6579)

SGallaty 06-03-2010 10:07 PM

Why I bought my bus.

I had never considered an RV, but then again I'd never seen a Bluebird.

I generally buy durable things I like, and I keep them for a long time. I rarely buy new, I'm happy to let other people pay a premium for the new car smell.

This bus to me feels even more solid than being inside of any house built in the last 50 years, and is comfortable and attractive. I feel like it makes me look better standing near it.

I'm proud to own it, and look forward to doing lots of cool things, and my goal is that it'll be in better shape when I'm done using it than it is in today.

This bus both solves a problem for me (consulting away from home) and opens up the possibility of travelling all over the country and beyond in comfort and style.

I am in love, and couldn't be happier. I know this is a little mean, but I am glad that these busses are such a well kept secret. It's baffling and incredible that these busses are going so cheaply when people are paying hundreds of thousands of dollars for something I wouldn't take for free. Seriously.

bubblerboy64 06-04-2010 08:38 AM

Yep

aaronw 06-04-2010 09:06 AM

ditto

rwoody 06-04-2010 09:44 PM

Me too!!

Sitting at the base in the rock on parking lot waiting for 0430 range fire in the am then late nite working on some stuff for the cmdr..nice to have my home here instead of driving in traffic tired and can relax~! Its work muco $$ to me to have my bluebird and do what i want with out any worries..plus show off to the boys tomorrow~!

Icefixr66 06-04-2010 10:12 PM

CAN I GET AN AMEN BROTHERS AND SISTERS!!!!!!:p:D:o;)

rwoody 06-04-2010 10:27 PM

ac working great too bud

amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SGallaty 06-05-2010 02:21 AM

Yep. Fired up the genset, ran the AC units. It was cool and comfortable.

SGallaty 07-08-2010 02:10 PM

Well, I gotta say I know more than I did a month ago. I hope that continues, but what I also know is that I was pretty reckless and lucky with this purchase.

I could have gotten a 40k boat anchor for as little effort as I put into having it looked at, but I had a good feeling about it. I know that's dumb, but hey.

The bus looks pretty drab outside because memphis rain is acidic, so I need to wash her and wax her up (how the heck do you wax ~1160 square feet of bus?), but the inside is in super shape and she runs like a champ.

So, I bought my bus the wrong way but I'm happier than ever.

davidmbrady 07-08-2010 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SGallaty (Post 64255)
Well, I gotta say I know more than I did a month ago. I hope that continues, but what I also know is that I was pretty reckless and lucky with this purchase.

I could have gotten a 40k boat anchor for as little effort as I put into having it looked at, but I had a good feeling about it. I know that's dumb, but hey.

The bus looks pretty drab outside because memphis rain is acidic, so I need to wash her and wax her up (how the heck do you wax ~1160 square feet of bus?), but the inside is in super shape and she runs like a champ.

Get a Porter Cable 7424 orbital polisher. It's impossible to burn thru paint with one of these things. Makes waxing/polishing a whole bunch easier.

Rob Robinson 07-08-2010 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SGallaty (Post 64255)

I once saw an infomercial on waxing an RV in a couple of hours. The guy was selling polish and used a power right-angle buffer to put it on and take it off. He made some claim that anyone could wax a 35 to 40 foot motor home in a couple of hours. I might have seen this at an FMCA rally. Anybody else come across info like this???

rwoody 07-08-2010 07:59 PM

thats how i do mine but your arms will be tired!!!

try and do 1/4 or 1/2 a week then its not toooo bad

rselin 07-12-2010 12:13 AM

I got my Bird power washed yesterday. There was a guy doing mobile service in the KOA. It cost $150 but was worth it as opposed to me unhooking and driving to an RV wash, which I still haven't found in Missoula. This guy added some wax additive to the rinse, better than nothing I guess.

My Bird has lots of admirers in the park. Almost every day somebody comes up and asks me about it. The thing I notice more than anything else when comparing my Bird to other coaches is the size of my wheels and tires. They are massive compared to the tires on most of the SOBs of comparable length.

GreenBird 11-29-2010 06:31 PM

The wheels are massive because the chassis is also massive - first thing I look at when sizing up a rig.

rickf 08-17-2011 07:17 PM

you guys are making me drool!! :D

mevans49083 08-20-2012 11:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Yet another reason we bought our bus! This is why we could not make the Michigan/Indiana get together last weekend, as we were hosting the kickoff of the FC Elite Soccer Club 2012 season in Kalamazoo, MI. We had about 200 people hovering around the bus, grilling our fool heads off and entertaining many of what Justin and Ryan call "bus groupies." Y'all know the type. :D

Rick Davis 08-21-2012 05:30 AM

Ah yes..........dats what it's all about. Good stuff.