Wanderlodge Owners Group

Wanderlodge Owners Group (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Bird Models and Blue Bird History (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   New to me in uk (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32705)

Mick Morgan 11-08-2018 01:13 PM

New to me in uk
 
Good day WOG members
I've been trying to buy a particular bird for 18 months, now I have it, I'm gonna have to fix a few things though, no. 1 is the front jacks, oil pouring out as they go down, if anyone has seal numbers I would be very grateful for the info, built March 1994, plan app. No. 1180, MFR body number 107068, I can't find anyone in uk that knows about a bluebird, so I'm relying on the guys in the States
T.IA.
MICK

Big Al 11-08-2018 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick Morgan (Post 434142)
Good day WOG members
I've been trying to buy a particular bird for 18 months, now I have it, I'm gonna have to fix a few things though, no. 1 is the front jacks, oil pouring out as they go down, if anyone has seal numbers I would be very grateful for the info, built March 1994, plan app. No. 1180, MFR body number 107068, I can't find anyone in uk that knows about a bluebird, so I'm relying on the guys in the States
T.IA.
MICK

Welcome to the madness :eek::eek:
You probably have HWH jacks.
Try calling this company. They could maybe help you.
https://www.hwhcorp.com/

Rick 11-08-2018 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick Morgan (Post 434142)
Good day WOG members
I've been trying to buy a particular bird for 18 months, now I have it, I'm gonna have to fix a few things though, no. 1 is the front jacks, oil pouring out as they go down, if anyone has seal numbers I would be very grateful for the info, built March 1994, plan app. No. 1180, MFR body number 107068, I can't find anyone in uk that knows about a bluebird, so I'm relying on the guys in the States
T.IA.
MICK

Welcome Mick, we're glad your here. There isnt really a seal. Its "O"rings that keep the fluid where it belongs. If your going to attempt this repair yourself you might just remove the jack and take the "O" rings to your local Spares (auto parts) dealer. Since your in GB you might have some luck with HWH but they dont normally sell repair parts. Good luck and let us know how it turns out with the Jack.

Mick Morgan 11-08-2018 02:53 PM

Uk bird
 
Thanks for replying, the good news is from Rick, should not be a problem once they are off the bus
Regards
Mick

isp2952 11-08-2018 03:07 PM

Welcome Mick,
It sounds like you have a '94 WB? WB designates a Wanderlodge Wide Body. The only other '94 might be a BMC, which is a good coach but not a Wanderlodge, because the chassis is a Spartan chassis. The body was built by Bluebird, just as the Wanderlodge. When you get up to speed you may wish to fill out your signature completely with the proper information. It will help those of us that want to help you understand what you are trying to fix. It will also keep others from telling you bad information, if they don't know you have a different model or year than you do. Hopefully you will enjoy your coach and be glad you waited all this time to finally obtain it. You may wish to contact another member in the UK. Andy does not have the same coach as you do, he has an M380. It is a Wanderlodge but much different than your model; however, he may have knowledge of where to access some hard to find parts or someone skilled enough to fix things, you may not be able to. Here is his information from his profile page
Andy Robinson
Cramlington, Northumberland (near newcastle upon tyne)
UK

Best of luck.

birds_first 11-08-2018 04:09 PM

Welcome aboard, just FYI just about any large hydraulic cylinder shop can repair your jacks and it may be cheaper than dealing with HWH from across the pond. If you can get the jack off your bird, be safe used large timbers and a couple large pair of jack stands to support the weight of the bird while you're under there. Be safe. It is worth a try, so look to see what you have there in GB first. Good luck and safe travels. Was that bird built for Europe or was it shipped over, oh heck does it drive on the wrong side of the road. LOL.

Blue Moon 11-08-2018 04:20 PM

I was told the widebodies are too wide for European standards. That is hear say.

Mick Morgan 11-08-2018 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by birds_first (Post 434155)
Welcome aboard, just FYI just about any large hydraulic cylinder shop can repair your jacks and it may be cheaper than dealing with HWH from across the pond. If you can get the jack off your bird, be safe used large timbers and a couple large pair of jack stands to support the weight of the bird while you're under there. Be safe. It is worth a try, so look to see what you have there in GB first. Good luck and safe travels. Was that bird built for Europe or was it shipped over, oh heck does it drive on the wrong side of the road. LOL.

Thanks for reply, my bird was shipped 18 months ago, sitting on the kerb side is not such a pain, however we spend most of our time on the road in mainland Europe so all good

Mick Morgan 11-08-2018 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue Moon (Post 434157)
I was told the widebodies are too wide for European standards. That is hear say.

We do need to be careful especially at toll booths, easily lose a mirror

jcs707 11-08-2018 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by isp2952 (Post 434154)
Welcome Mick,
It sounds like you have a '94 WB?

Yep, and a beautiful one at that ... pic of Mick's bird from the FB group.

https://i.imgur.com/KYDRjtN.png


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:13 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.