Wanderlodge Owners Group

Wanderlodge Owners Group (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/index.php)
-   Craigs List, Ebay, Coaches and other Finds (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   2004 m380 (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8560)

67square 12-11-2010 02:39 PM

2004 m380

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Buckeye Bird 12-11-2010 03:30 PM

I saw that one, too.

Unless the seller has people raising the bid, I have never understood why people keep bidding up the price on something days ahead of the auction ending. There is only one bid that counts.....the last one. Every one of the bids before that are meaningless.

iamflagman 12-11-2010 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckeye Bird (Post 85071)
I saw that one, too.

Unless the seller has people raising the bid, I have never understood why people keep bidding up the price on something days ahead of the auction ending. There is only one bid that counts.....the last one. Every one of the bids before that are meaningless.

I agree as I always wait until the last half hour to bid, unless it is a Buy It Now figure that I'm willing to pay. I did that on my 'Bird and then found out later that one of the bidders that kept on bidding the price higher was either a friend of the seller, or the seller himself as he had bid on every auction item that my seller had on EBay, but I was OK with what I ended up paying for it, as that was $1500.00 lower than what I would have been willing to pay for it, but I still would have waited until the auction was almost over with before I bid.

Buckeye Bird 12-11-2010 03:59 PM

I looked back at some of the other RV's this seller has sold, and there is what I would call "suspicious" bidding activity. There was one bidder with over 90 bids, with 93% of his bids with this seller. Never bought anything, but was just there with the occasional bid to raise the price.
I am not saying this is the case here, but it does happen on Ebay. It does tend to undercut the advertising of "no reserve" if you have people bidding up the price to where you want it to be.

This particular bus appears to me to have some fairly rusty parts for it's age. The brown grassy stuff in the propane tank kind of looked like it was what you would expect being left after being in a couple of feet of water, as well as the bottom half of the tank looked fairly clean while the top was pretty dirty/dusty. Maybe I am reading too much into it, but in a couple of other pictures it also looks like maybe this coach could have been in some water somewhere.

Lee and Rose 12-11-2010 04:20 PM

I hope this will be a great BB for someone at a great price. The thing that bothers me are the photos. I see where some are very sharp and others are not. That always troubles me. I have had photography as a hobby for many years and when you are trying to sell something you would want to have everthing sharp unless you were trying to hide something. I also notice in some photos that it has not been kept in a condition that is acceptible. which makes me wonder about what I can't see.

I have purchased and sold many things on ebay, and pictures are important. Some of these have a red flag flying over them. IMO Notice how the quality of the photos change.
Lee

birds_first 12-11-2010 04:24 PM

It looks to have been a full timers coach, look at the sweat stained pillows on the bed. No body's pillows would look that bad for an ocassional use vehicle. I agree the bidding does look suspicious. "CAVEAT EMPTOR" I agree buyer beware! As an auctioneer and I can't stand it, we don't do it, can't stand it, and it is fraud. When I suspect it I call them up and tell them or I just won't bid.

Lee and Rose 12-11-2010 04:49 PM

There appears to have been some Photoshop work on this as well. Notice where the TV is in the front. In one photo it appears wood and in another someone is holding a TV in front of the wood. Then in another the same TV is sitting on a table. The one where the person is holdin the TV, someone it appears has tried to PS paint over the wood. Also the dash wood trim is broken on the corners and screws are rusty on most of the trim. Like I said, RED FLAG!
Lee

Buckeye Bird 12-11-2010 08:17 PM

When you look at bidder listed as j***j , in the last 30 days he has 99 bids on 4 items. 93% of those bids were with this seller = SHILL
In 6 months he also has 4 bid retractions.

I would have a hard time doing any business with this seller.

Joatha 12-11-2010 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckeye Bird (Post 85096)
When you look at bidder listed as j***j , in the last 30 days he has 99 bids on 4 items. 93% of those bids were with this seller = SHILL
In 6 months he also has 4 bid retractions.

I would have a hard time doing any business with this seller.

I just reported the listing for shill bidding noting that buyer's patterns of behavior.

Buckeye Bird 12-12-2010 10:08 AM

Good job on reporting on this guy.

Did a little more research into the bidder j***j

His Ebay account is "jonasdad" He supposedly "bought" a 2005 Itasca from lpfunding (M380 seller) a couple of weeks ago. He gave glowing feedback to the seller, but the seller never left him any feedback as a buyer.
"jonasdad" used to be a seller........of used cars and trucks. Several bad feedbacks from buyers that he wasn't honest and the vehicles were pieces of ****. He had a couple of feedbacks that were great.
That great feedback was from............. Ready???? LPFUNDING, the seller of this M380.

If someone from the forum is bidding on this M380, I would be very suspicious.
As John said Caveat Emptor .........times 10 !

I reported lpsfunding for shills on other auctions as well.