Wanderlodge Owners Group

Wanderlodge Owners Group (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/index.php)
-   BMC (Bluebird Motor Coach Unique Issues) (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   bought 95 BMC 37' (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14655)

Klee 09-18-2012 11:46 PM

bought 95 BMC 37'

Headed to Phoenix tomorrow to pick up my new to me 95 BMC 37', will bring it back to Victoria, Canada on the weekend, Dave Ward in Phoenix may assist me a bit getting things ready for the road before I leave, hopefully give me some pointers, I am as green as they come right now

I am a bit nervous, have not driven a big rig for 10 years, YIKES!!!

My wife wants to know what we have gotten ourselves into, I think the first trip to Arizona in October will melt all the worries away, or I am in big trouble.

DW SD 09-19-2012 12:07 AM

If you go via the highway 5 and California, I'd be glad to help if needed. I'm in Southern California, North of San Diego about 25 miles.
You will do great! I was in the same boat coming home from Nebraska, headed straight into Colorado and the rockies.

Good luck!

Doug

Blue Emu 09-19-2012 12:18 AM

I will be following your story with great interest. I too haven't driven a bus for a little over 10 years, and will be picking mine up in November. Let me know what you think, your impressions and any driving tips you pick up along the way.

curtsprenger 09-19-2012 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klee (Post 178439)
Headed to Phoenix tomorrow to pick up my new to me 95 BMC 37', will bring it back to Victoria, Canada on the weekend, Dave Ward in Phoenix may assist me a bit getting things ready for the road before I leave, hopefully give me some pointers, I am as green as they come right now

My wife wants to know what we have gotten ourselves into, I think the first trip to Arizona in October will melt all the worries away, or I am in big trouble.

If returning to Arizona this winter, plan to join the Birds of a Feather (BoF) annual January Quartzsite Blue Bird rally. Let me know if you need more info. and direction at curtsprenger@gmail.com

mynavion 09-19-2012 05:36 AM

Quote:

Congratulations on the new 'bird!

Mallie Lennon 09-19-2012 05:41 AM

Quote:

Congratulations Klee. I went through the same fear when I picked mine up. It will be fun and you have the best insurance with WOG.

KCSS 09-19-2012 07:50 AM

[QUOTE=Klee;
[COLOR="Blue"]My wife wants to know what we have gotten ourselves into[/COLOR]

Hey Klee,

Did you abscond with my wife? :p She said the same thing with a little profanity added :D

isp2952 09-19-2012 08:18 AM

Congratulations and welcome aborad. The numbers in Canada seem to be growing.:)

AZHeat 09-19-2012 08:26 AM

Congratulations Klee!! I live in the north Phoenix area and would be happy to assist if needed. I'm sure you'll love the BMC.

Randy Dupree 09-19-2012 09:17 AM

The BMC drives like a car.just don't tell you wife!
If you tell her,you will never get to drive again!