Wanderlodge Owners Group

Wanderlodge Owners Group (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/index.php)
-   !!!ALERT!!! MUST DO MECHANICAL ITEMS FOR YOUR 'BIRD!! (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=118)
-   -   Maintenance Classes/Video's/Pictures (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15170)

EagleOne 11-20-2012 04:34 AM

Maintenance Classes/Video's/Pictures
 
Just being around a little while, but reading the postings everyday, it seems like we have a lot of new younger members as well as folks (like me) that this is their first BB. There seems to be a rather steep learning curve and a lot of things have to be learned rather quickly in order to get a maintenance schedule started.
My idea is to maybe have seminars at the different rally's to show basic maintenance as well as suggestions on modifications to the buses. While still pictures are great (and appreciate all the work that has gone into the reference section), has anybody thought about..perhaps..making recordings of the various maintenance areas and, either posting them online (youtube) or making them available to members???? Nothing fancy but just things like changing the different filters, bearing/brake maintenance, water tank conditioning, etc, etc.
Just a thought. The "older" and much wiser members are getting up there in age and don't want to lose this institutional knowledge to become lost. We intend to keep these birds up and running into the 22nd Century...
Give me your ideas..am I barking up the wrong tree or is this an idea that we might think about exploring.
Sorry for being so long winded. :o
Regards from Iraq (6 days left)
<Dennie...aka Padre> :D

iamflagman 11-20-2012 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EagleOne (Post 185681)
Just being around a little while, but reading the postings everyday, it seems like we have a lot of new younger members as well as folks (like me) that this is their first BB. There seems to be a rather steep learning curve and a lot of things have to be learned rather quickly in order to get a maintenance schedule started.
My idea is to maybe have seminars at the different rally's to show basic maintenance as well as suggestions on modifications to the buses. While still pictures are great (and appreciate all the work that has gone into the reference section), has anybody thought about..perhaps..making recordings of the various maintenance areas and, either posting them online (youtube) or making them available to members???? Nothing fancy but just things like changing the different filters, bearing/brake maintenance, water tank conditioning, etc, etc.
Just a thought. The "older" and much wiser members are getting up there in age and don't want to lose this institutional knowledge to become lost. We intend to keep these birds up and running into the 22nd Century...
Give me your ideas..am I barking up the wrong tree or is this an idea that we might think about exploring.
Sorry for being so long winded. :o
Regards from Iraq (6 days left)
<Dennie...aka Padre> :D

Dennie,

That is an excellent idea and we already have a place for those threads and posts in this sub-forum, so if anybody has any suggestions of previous posts or threads please post the url link to them here and I'll copy or move them over, I can't do it with the just the subject title, please help me do some of the leg work. Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > !!!ALERT!!! MUST DO MECHANICAL ITEMS FOR YOUR 'BIRD!! > Maintenance Classes/Video's/Pictures

Dennie, as far as your being long winded.......................you had better take yourself out of first gear if you think that was long winded, we have some members here that would just be starting to get warmed up with that many words, sort of like comparing your CAT 3208 powered 'Bird to a Wide Body powered with an S60 climbing up a mountain grade:rolleyes:;):)

jyclegg 11-20-2012 11:48 AM

The hard part is making a video while you are trying to get something done.

EagleOne 11-20-2012 12:02 PM

Thank's John:
I have a pretty good camera that also does really nice video's (I guess..I'm a still photo photographer, but am willing to give it a try). Looking very seriously at getting a nice (and relatively inexpensive) LED photo light. That should give me a good platform for doing short video's. I will be ready as soon as I get back, get the new rig ready to go. Will be heading off to New Mexico for about 3 months (give/take) starting the 1st of February.
Anybody in the mid-Texas area that know their way around a rig for maintenance (hint hint...Ernie), give me a "ping" and maybe we can get something going for video #1.
Later crew...5 days and counting. :D
<Dennie>

DTW1086@cox.net 11-20-2012 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jyclegg (Post 185721)
The hard part is making a video while you are trying to get something done.

I have trouble remembering to take pictures when I am doing something and have the camera right there.:D Need a helper to take the pictures.:D

Mustang88 11-21-2012 12:08 AM

Stop counting, it makes the days go slower! But, in no time you will be climbing in that nice big whatever and headed for Ramstein and home! :). Then the real fun begins. - how to split your time bus or wife. My wife wins so my poor bus sits for now. ;)

EagleOne 11-21-2012 03:17 AM

I know...I know...
Will be a problem when I get home...wife/bus/furry kids....
But, like you, know the wife will win..but there will be a battle.
Ain't it great to be LOVED...LOL :D
<Dennie>

kb0zke 11-22-2012 12:10 AM

I like this idea. Yes, an all-day job might only be three minutes of video, but at least it will let those of us who might not know exactly what to do get an idea before we start tearing things apart. Also, using real-world engines would be helpful. I get frustrated when I look in the shop manual and the "mechanic" is working on an engine that has never been in a vehicle, much less actually run, and then I go look at mine and try to figure out just where the bolts really are and how I'm supposed to get to them.

IMANEWBIE 07-06-2015 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamflagman (Post 185714)
Dennie,

That is an excellent idea and we already have a place for those threads and posts in this sub-forum, so if anybody has any suggestions of previous posts or threads please post the url link to them here and I'll copy or move them over, I can't do it with the just the subject title, please help me do some of the leg work. Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > !!!ALERT!!! MUST DO MECHANICAL ITEMS FOR YOUR 'BIRD!! > Maintenance Classes/Video's/Pictures

Dennie, as far as your being long winded.......................you had better take yourself out of first gear if you think that was long winded, we have some members here that would just be starting to get warmed up with that many words, sort of like comparing your CAT 3208 powered 'Bird to a Wide Body powered with an S60 climbing up a mountain grade:rolleyes:;):)


Whatever became of this? Has anyone started making informational videos? I watch many informative videos on Youtube and would love to see a series on Wanderlodge operations.

Mallie Lennon 07-08-2015 08:08 AM

We did have a guy who made videos regularly, some were very informative. Have not seen him lately tho.

I actually think picture do a better job of showing how a job was done.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:43 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.