Wanderlodge Owners Group

Wanderlodge Owners Group (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/index.php)
-   Comments and Questions about the Wanderlodge factory (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   The Bird's Nest 7-9-2016 (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26127)

Dieselbird01 07-10-2016 11:32 PM

The Bird's Nest 7-9-2016

10 Attachment(s)
We drove by the old Wanderlodge Factory yesterday. I attached a few pictures of the Birds Nest – it has seen better days but it didn’t look nearly as bad as I was expecting.

The Blue Bird School Bus factory seems to be doing very well. There were quite a few cars in the parking lot for a Saturday and there was a sea of shiny new school buses parked nearby – more school buses than I’ve ever seen in one place. The attached picture only shows a very small percentage of them.

Bluebird Bob 07-11-2016 01:48 AM

To bad we WOG folks can't get the use of it.
After this year of managing an rv park in Quartzsite, the wife and I would love to volunteer to stay there and get it up and running (with proper mowing equipment, etc).
That idea was floated a few years ago, but nothing ever came of it.
I wonder why the Georgia Transportation sign is hung on the fence?:confused:

Randy Dupree 07-11-2016 08:04 AM

Its a beautiful park,or it was.
Problem is,its in a ______________little town.
You insert word in the space.
The last time i was there the best place in town to eat was the hot dog place across the street.
Not much going on there,thats for sure.

kunzelj 07-11-2016 09:41 AM

Those pictures are a little sad. I was lucky enough to have my first Wanderlodge at the bird's nest on a trip to Florida and back (stayed there twice). It was a nice little park and comforting to know the factory was right there. The upper grounds were full of high-end Wanderlodges... I assumed that people enjoyed staying there.

bjkhokie 08-07-2016 01:09 AM

Does anyone know who owns the lot where the Bird's nest was? I always thought it would be a great place for a school bus museum! Too bad it's so far away from Virginia though...

Frank W. 08-18-2016 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kunzelj (Post 346001)
Those pictures are a little sad. I was lucky enough to have my first Wanderlodge at the bird's nest on a trip to Florida and back (stayed there twice). It was a nice little park and comforting to know the factory was right there. The upper grounds were full of high-end Wanderlodges... I assumed that people enjoyed staying there.

We bought our FC from a great family down in Dothan GA one afternoon...based on what I heard we routed up and stayed our first night at The Nest.

Other BB folk there made us feel very welcome and gave me some great "post purchase" knowledge.

The Nest may be gone...but I'm glad to say the "BB family" is still going strong!