Wanderlodge Owners Group

Wanderlodge Owners Group (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/index.php)
-   Towbars, Hitches and Braking Systems for your Toads, etc. (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   GVWR and GCWR same weight? (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35839)

Autorotica 02-18-2020 11:17 PM

GVWR and GCWR same weight?

Our new to us coach has the same weight listed on the placard for GVWR and GCWR. Is this the case with all the 97 WB's?

Obviously the coach has a tow receiver on it. Paul had a toad and all the Blue Ox gear was included with the coach.

This might be an off the wall question, but given that the weight placard only has a model number on it, would BB produce an updated one on request?

Thanks,
Chris

Randy Dupree 02-18-2020 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autorotica (Post 477868)
Our new to us coach has the same weight listed on the placard for GVWR and GCWR. Is this the case with all the 97 WB's?

Obviously the coach has a tow receiver on it. Paul had a toad and all the Blue Ox gear was included with the coach.

This might be an off the wall question, but given that the weight placard only has a model number on it, would BB produce an updated one on request?

Thanks,
Chris

BB will be no help at all.

Autorotica 02-18-2020 11:47 PM

Thanks Randy. One can always hope! I've heard of other manufacturers being helpful...

What kind of weight can the Hotel drag behind it safely?

Any suggestions on how to come up with paperwork that more accurately reflects the units capability? Asking just in case a heck of a steam occurred in this coach sometime and the weight placards fell off of it and disappeared...

;-)
Chris

sfedeli 02-19-2020 05:51 AM

Most BB's had a 10,000# hitch installed. That is the LIMIT, not the median. If you are considering a stacker trailer or anything more than a full-sized Suburban loaded with 1,500# of firewood, consider something larger than what came on the 'bird with its own on-board progressive braking system

mpierce 02-20-2020 10:18 AM

GVWR is the total the vehicle itself can weigh.
GCWR is total vehicle plus trailer can weigh.
Gross vehicle weight rating.
Gross combination weight rating.

Autorotica 02-20-2020 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpierce (Post 477934)
GVWR is the total the vehicle itself can weigh.
GCWR is total vehicle plus trailer can weigh.
Gross vehicle weight rating.
Gross combination weight rating.

Melvin,

I am aware of the abbreviations and what their definitions. Why would they be listed the same if a WLWB was made with a hitch on it and 10K towing capability?

How do I get that changed?

Chris

Autorotica 02-20-2020 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sfedeli (Post 477877)
Most BB's had a 10,000# hitch installed. That is the LIMIT, not the median. If you are considering a stacker trailer or anything more than a full-sized Suburban loaded with 1,500# of firewood, consider something larger than what came on the 'bird with its own on-board progressive braking system

Thanks Shane. I was hoping that might be the median. My buddy has a racecar trailer that weighs about 12K I would like to drag behind the coach.

Ill do some more searching but I havent seen any posts of hitch modifications made to be able to tow a stacker (more than 10K). Did I miss some somewhere?

Thanks,
Chris

badandy 02-20-2020 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autorotica (Post 477977)
Melvin,

I am aware of the abbreviations and what their definitions. Why would they be listed the same if a WLWB was made with a hitch on it and 10K towing capability?

How do I get that changed?

Chris

It's probably limited by the transmission or the drive axle, so it should be the same for both.

RhodeKille 02-21-2020 08:46 PM

So if the numbers are the same (say 40,000#?), then if the coach weighs 30,000#, then you have 10,000# tow weight. So, as badandy says, it's the total weight the engine/transmission can handle, and has no relation to how much the frame can carry.

Am I understanding that correctly?

7723 02-21-2020 08:48 PM

Possibly...

A scale would be helpful...