Wanderlodge Owners Group

Wanderlodge Owners Group (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/index.php)
-   SP (Single Axle Pusher Unique Issues) (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Steps (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27563)

Ned Hoopes 01-03-2017 11:04 AM

Steps
 
1 Attachment(s)
Since owning my SP, my steps have never operated as intended from the factory. The only way to open or close them was with the selector switches located on the dash and by the stepwell. Neither the door switch nor pressure switch performed their function. Being "old school", I found the schematic from BB somewhat confusing so I redrew to my format and labeled components as I found my bird was wired. As usual no guarantee others are the same. I attached my drawing in hopes it will be of benefit to others.

gcyeaw 01-03-2017 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ned Hoopes (Post 365618)
Since owning my SP, my steps have never operated as intended from the factory. The only way to open or close them was with the selector switches located on the dash and by the stepwell. Neither the door switch nor pressure switch performed their function. Being "old school", I found the schematic from BB somewhat confusing so I redrew to my format and labeled components as I found my bird was wired. As usual no guarantee others are the same. I attached my drawing in hopes it will be of benefit to others.

Ned,
Did you fix it? If so, what was wrong?

brhodes 01-03-2017 11:20 AM

What does the circle at the top designated as K3 represent? Is it a motor?

Ned Hoopes 01-03-2017 12:43 PM

I actually did have some luck repairing the step. The door switch was gummed up so it would not make contact when the door was opened. I cleaned it with spray contact cleaner and all is good. The problem with the pressure switch turned out to be a broken wire next to the switch. K3 and K4 are control relays.

gcyeaw 01-03-2017 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brhodes (Post 365620)
What does the circle at the top designated as K3 represent? Is it a motor?

Relay diagrams:

The circle represents the relay coil. Two parallel lines represent the Normally Open contacts, two parallel lines with a slash through them represent normally closed contacts.

Mbyrd22 04-18-2018 12:43 PM

I am having trouble finding parts for my steps. They have never worked since I bought my 1983 Bluebird. I'm trying to find the air actuator and am not having any luck. Can someone please help? Thanks

NoGas 04-18-2018 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mbyrd22 (Post 413538)
I am having trouble finding parts for my steps. They have never worked since I bought my 1983 Bluebird. I'm trying to find the air actuator and am not having any luck. Can someone please help? Thanks

Go electric: https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.c...ad.php?t=19768 (see my posts #13 & #20)

craig k 04-18-2018 02:42 PM

try contacting Deken Power Inc; dekenpower.com. They manufactured the air actuators for BB and were extremely helpful. 714 541 4373, 1402 Ritchey St, Santa Ana, CA 92705


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:53 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.