Wanderlodge Owners Group

Wanderlodge Owners Group (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/index.php)
-   Travel Tips - Fuel Prices (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   TSD Logistics Fuel Discount Program (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34607)

Bruce 10-07-2021 06:38 PM

How is the discount working in AZ. The truck pump prices are about 8 cents higher than the car pump prices . Something to do with road taxes.

NoGas 10-14-2021 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruce (Post 534146)
How is the discount working in AZ. The truck pump prices are about 8 cents higher than the car pump prices . Something to do with road taxes.

In AZ, commercial diesel (covered by TSD) does indeed pay an 8 cent/gal tax that fuelers at non-commercial pumps (places like Sams, Costco and convenience stores) do not pay. At commercial truck pumps only, go ahead and pump your fuel using whatever TSD discount that applies. THEN after pulling forward, go inside and ask the cashier for your 8 cents/gal back. They will have you fill out a line on some state form that asks for basic info, and then hand you your 8 cents/gal back (100 gal = $8). A placard on either pump type explains this and mentions the $1,000 penalty for pumping non-commercial fuel into a commercial vehicle. It also says non-commercial RV’s are exempted from this tax. Lastly, if you don’t ask for your 8 cents/gal back, you won’t get it.

These is a WOG post from several years back that explains this special AZ tax program.

Prof_T 10-14-2021 06:01 AM

Since I've got the TSD fuel card I only stop at truck stops that use their discount. The ease of convenience in getting in and out of the typical truck stop plus knowing that you are getting good fuel is worth it to me. I have the Gas Buddy app and I guess going forward I could try to incorporate that into my fuel stop planned route but with the TSD I know egress and access is a non issue.

Bruce 10-14-2021 08:32 AM

Thanks Van.

curtsprenger 11-30-2021 11:39 AM

Settlement 11.28.2021

1 Attachment(s)
Good discount at Tom Wells Road, about 5 miles into AZ on I10.

Jim Brookshire 11-30-2021 07:00 PM

Best price around my area is the Buc ees in Daytona Beach. $2.97 with the Pen Fed card. Better access than the truck stops — no trucks to deal with. Still love the TDS card.

Crit Bliss 12-08-2021 10:29 AM

We are out in the Bird for the winter, TSD has been great as we haven't paid over 2.85 yet!

Shawnthegrasshopper 12-08-2021 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crit Bliss (Post 539476)
We are out in the Bird for the winter, TSD has been great as we haven't paid over 2.85 yet!

I know that was NOT in PA!

Add Another Dollar to that!

Have a Great Adventure!:D

Crit Bliss 12-08-2021 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawnthegrasshopper (Post 539481)
I know that was NOT in PA!

Add Another Dollar to that!

Have a Great Adventure!:D

Thanks Shawn! The card saved over $1/gallon in Connecticut

NoGas 12-08-2021 01:41 PM

If heading West PLAN way ahead!

3 Attachment(s)
Anyone coming to Q should be mentally prepared for $4+ prices on diesel fuel in AZ :eek:. One or two rare exceptions in the Phoenix area, but most are right at the $3.99 level now. In Q, GasBuddy says all but the ARCO station is ABOVE $4. Who knows what they will be in another month. If you have a TSD card, the station in Tonopah usually has the best prices.

Currently, the Sam’s club shown on the map below has the best prices in Phoenix for diesel. Getting into that station can be a chore but $.50 a gallon can make that hassle worth it. If you try it, only the right most island has diesel. Then one needs to pull straight out and turn right because of all the trees and go the long way around to get out of the store parking lot safely. Watch your overhead to as there are lots of trees to negotiate.

Again, if buying fuel at a Truck Stop in AZ don’t forget to go inside after fueling and ask for your eight cents per gallon refund! The fuel tax information is posted on every gas pump and will tell you if it is a commercial or non-commercial pump. You get the discount only when buying at commercial truck-stop pumps.