Wanderlodge Owners Group

Wanderlodge Owners Group (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/index.php)
-   AZ Hot Birds (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   2020 - Feb 10-17 - Lake Havasu Fireworks (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33970)

NoGas 09-11-2019 08:54 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Steelwheels (Post 464150)
Do the spots have electric, or are we running our generators ?...

Good one :D. Strictly genys or solar if you have it. Check out the pics above & mine below from 2016. Expect a dirt parking lot & side by side parking. A generator rooftop Venturi pipe or exhaust is recommended & it will come in handy. Daytime temps can be warm in May, so geny/air might feel good. If you have pets, leave them at home or bring their ear muffs. They won’t like the LONG nighttime shows every night. The front row is nice with a good view of nighttime action. But most sit out front of the front row coaches anyway to watch. Adult refreshments also come in handy ;). Three years ago during the daytime prep, they managed to blow up a whole crate of something. It’s good the launch area is a 1/2 mile away. We’re of the been there, done it camp. But if you LOVE fireworks displays (and good company), this is the rally for you!

MRPutz 09-11-2019 10:59 PM

Taking Van's Comments out of his text;

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoGas (Post 464160)
1) Expect a dirt parking lot & side by side parking. *Gravel*
2) A generator rooftop Venturi pipe or exhaust is recommended
3) Daytime temps can be warm in May *February*
4) If you have pets, leave them at home *Most animals will fear the fireworks*
5) The front row is nice with a good view of nighttime action
6) But most sit out front of the front row coaches anyway to watch.
7) Adult refreshments also come in handy ;)
8) The launch area is a 1/2 mile away *Since they're huge 1/2 mile is close!*

Actually mid-February, perfect weather time for Lake Havasu! ;) You'll need a coat or sweater at night. The fireworks are basically grand finales. Each Vendor will shoot off their grande finales to sell their products to municipals and other large corporations. So we'll witness huge fireworks for 10-15min with breaks in between while they switch Vendors, very entertaining. ;)

MRPutz 09-11-2019 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kybird (Post 452979)
The link to sign up wasnt working for me last night I will try again

Did you guys get in? https://friendsofthefair.regfox.com/fireworks-2019

Make SURE you tell them you're with the AZ Hot Birds. ;)

MRPutz 02-05-2020 11:15 AM

Lake Havasu slot just opened up!

Well looks like I'm not going to make this rally this year. :(

I'm still trying to get my Allison tranny 4th gear to work properly and I'm out of time.

So, we have another slot available for this rally if anyone can make it? It runs Monday-Monday but you can show up anytime. I had planned on Thur-Sun to see the fireworks.

Let me know if anyone is interested and can make this rally. Feb 1-17

MRPutz 02-06-2020 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MRPutz (Post 476446)
Well looks like I'm not going to make this rally this year. :(

I'm still trying to get my Allison tranny 4th gear to work properly and I'm out of time.

So, we have another slot available for this rally if anyone can make it? It runs Monday-Monday but you can show up anytime. I had planned on Thur-Sun to see the fireworks.

Let me know if anyone is interested and can make this rally. Feb 1-17

We still have a slot open if anyone can make it? We also picked up Kiki, didn't know he registered months ago. :D

Code:

1 - OPEN                                              +Weekend Meal Deal
2 - Mike & Jerry Bickert              85PT40    +Saturday Dinner
3 - Gene & Jolene Berg        76FC31    +Weekend Meal Deal
4 - Rob & Carol Pianaville      86PT38    +Saturday Dinner
5 - Dan & Kris Nesthus          SOB        +Saturday Dinner
6 - Kiki Brar (& son)                87FC35    n/a

markusfmeyer 02-06-2020 12:32 PM

Don't want to drive the 3 hours at 55mph?! :)

MRPutz 02-06-2020 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markusfmeyer (Post 476580)
Don't want to drive the 3 hours at 55mph?! :)

Oh it's much worse than that. 55 is 2700 rpm so would have to slow her down to about 50 for cruise. That means I'll have semi's coming up my tail at 80 mph! Its just not safe.

Also I still have that fuel leak and I have everything torn up, no dog house, no co-pilots seat, etc.. parts all over and all the parts spread all over the coach. I thought about driving up and just getting a hotel to hang out but the wife shot that down, plus during this week everything is beyond booked. So I guess I'll use this time to get the bus up for the next rally.

I can't drive 55!
(that should be a song :rolleyes:)

Steelwheels 02-11-2020 02:26 AM

Is there someplace to fill water tanks at the Rodeo grounds ?

MRPutz 02-11-2020 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steelwheels (Post 477017)
Is there someplace to fill water tanks at the Rodeo grounds ?

Not to my knowledge. They offer services to bring you water and/or pump out your tanks. All that info will be in your Welcome Package when you arrive.

if needed then you need to call Jack Pots RV Pumping - 928.680.0804 and arrange pumping or fresh water filling.

Randy Dupree 02-11-2020 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MRPutz (Post 477018)
Not to my knowledge. They offer services to bring you water and/or pump out your tanks. All that info will be in your Welcome Package when you arrive.

if needed then you need to call Jack Pots RV Pumping - 928.680.0804 and arrange pumping or fresh water filling.

Jack Pots?thats funny!
I saw a dog groomers shop yesterday that had the name "Doggie Style"!
Funny stuff!