Wanderlodge Owners Group

Wanderlodge Owners Group (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/index.php)
-   'Bird Projects & Modifications (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   Power to the AC (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1562)

DMT 09-07-2008 07:44 AM

Power to the AC

Just got an 82 35PT. I can't get the three AC units to power on. There is juice to the breakers. Am I missing a reset button or something.

Thanks

DM

giderich 09-07-2008 08:18 AM

DM: There should be two switches on your left overhead control panel (by drivers left ear) :), one for front air and one for rear air...try flipping these to the ON position. Careful...these switches may also control 120V heaters located under sofa and under the bed, so make sure the control on the heaters is in OFF position. These left side overhead switches allow the driver to control AC or heat while underway.

I do not have direct experience with your model coach but feel free to experiment and please post your findings so others can learn the systems. "Not all coaches are created equal" or something like that. :rolleyes:

The reason I mentioned having the electric "toe heaters" off is that on my 89 FC coach, it possible to run heaters and AC at the same time and possibly overload a circuit...not a good thing.

iamflagman 09-07-2008 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by giderich (Post 6867)
DM: There should be two switches on your left overhead control panel (by drivers left ear) :), one for front air and one for rear air...try flipping these to the ON position. Careful...these switches may also control 120V heaters located under sofa and under the bed, so make sure the control on the heaters is in OFF position. These left side overhead switches allow the driver to control AC or heat while underway.

I do not have direct experience with your model coach but feel free to experiment and please post your findings so others can learn the systems. "Not all coaches are created equal" or something like that. :rolleyes:

The reason I mentioned having the electric "toe heaters" off is that on my 89 FC coach, it possible to run heaters and AC at the same time and possibly overload a circuit...not a good thing.

If they are not located in the overhead, on my '82 FC35RB they are located on the wall next to the drivers seat as seen in this photo.
http://www.pbase.com/iamflagman/image/84933438.jpg
http://www.pbase.com/iamflagman/image/84933438

Ed Wimberley 09-07-2008 01:02 PM

82 PT AC

Hello DMT
I also have 82 35 PT over head drivers side you will find 3 rocker type switches front switch is for front AC ..Middle switch is for center AC only on [40' models] not in use on ours. Rear switch is for rear AC.These will be on when rocked up top of switch depressed.
AC controls located Rear in side panel above bed drivers side this controls rear Heat / AC 3 knobs topknob off/start/run set to run for AC start will be used for heat control only.
Center knob fan speed control-- set to fully clockwise --max will probally not hear running: very quiet
Bottom termostat for both heat and AC set to fully clockwise max AC
Center or front AC control located on wall just past kitchen area on passenger side just before closet where circuit breakers located.
Caution just below stove is small door where master switch controls shore/gen/30 amp
Feel free to call me 770-548-1441 for additional info.
Good Luck

DMT 09-08-2008 07:18 PM

Guys, thanks for the help. Stopped by the bird on the way home from work and two of the three AC units operate. I count that as a success. Please he rear camera powered up. Yahooooo!!!!

I feel kind of stupid asking such an obvious question. I just inherited the BB from my Dad in Ontario Canada. He purchased it from some guy in Toronto and I guess the BB sat for 10 years and was not used. Unfortunately my Dad’s mobility is preventing him from using the coach. He put some serious money into the tires, engine, generator ECT. Needless to say the body, while not rusty need some TLC and the interior most defiantly needs a lot care.

Any how I am so thankful to have found this forum; it is a wealth of knowledge. I hope you don’t mind a lot of what may seem like stupid questions.

Thanks

Again

Dale Taylor
Hilliard, OH

iamflagman 09-08-2008 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMT (Post 6952)
Guys, thanks for the help. Stopped by the bird on the way home from work and two of the three AC units operate. I count that as a success. Please he rear camera powered up. Yahooooo!!!!

I feel kind of stupid asking such an obvious question. I just inherited the BB from my Dad in Ontario Canada. He purchased it from some guy in Toronto and I guess the BB sat for 10 years and was not used. Unfortunately my Dad’s mobility is preventing him from using the coach. He put some serious money into the tires, engine, generator ECT. Needless to say the body, while not rusty need some TLC and the interior most defiantly needs a lot care.

Any how I am so thankful to have found this forum; it is a wealth of knowledge. I hope you don’t mind a lot of what may seem like stupid questions.

Thanks

Again

Dale Taylor
Hilliard, OH

Dale,

What you consider stupid questions have most likely been asked by someone like myself in the past, so we are just passing on the information ...........so freely given to us by our Wanderlodge Forefathers :D

If you think yours are stupid go back into the archives of the original WANDERLODGE forum on Yahoo and do a search of some of my jewel's and yet, everybody.........................well a lot of people...............OK, some people, are still putting up with me........even today...............at times:rolleyes:

Check out the link to my photo web site in my signature below VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
you may find some things in there that will help you with your 'Bird. We are all here to help.

DMT 09-08-2008 07:53 PM

Actually, I spent more than an hour at your site yesterday and I have a question. One of the casualties on my bird is that the step got torn off by a guard rail. I was able to get the assembly off over the weekend and will work on fixing it again. But it looks like the air step micro switch is cracked. I was wondering where I can get a replacement.

Dale Taylor
Hilliard, OH

iamflagman 09-08-2008 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMT (Post 6955)
Actually, I spent more than an hour at your site yesterday and I have a question. One of the casualties on my bird is that the step got torn off by a guard rail. I was able to get the assembly off over the weekend and will work on fixing it again. But it looks like the air step micro switch is cracked. I was wondering where I can get a replacement.

Dale Taylor
Hilliard, OH

Dale,

I have not used this myself but this is the one that I have listed in My favorites that may work, some of the other members may have a better source for the step microswitch. Check out http://www.newark.com/52F3596/indust...equestid=96093

Here is the PDF file of the microswitch DATASHEET

DMT 09-09-2008 06:30 AM

Thanks