Wanderlodge Owners Group

Wanderlodge Owners Group (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/index.php)
-   Campgrounds, RV Parks, Other Places to Sleep, or TO STAY AWAY FROM (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Land Between the Lakes - boondocking spots? (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34895)

badandy 09-23-2019 02:49 PM

Land Between the Lakes - boondocking spots?

We're headed out in a few weeks to travel to the WOG rally and we're wanting to stop at LBTL in KY or TN for a few nights. I'd like to pull up on the beach and camp dispersed style if possible. I scoured the satellite images and it looks like the area at the end of the access road for the OHV area might work, but I can't find anything else. We are arriving on a Saturday about noon, though, so I think I might be asking for trouble to expect this to be open. Any secret spots you want to share?

chiplamb 09-23-2019 04:08 PM

I have an old friend in Marion who has a lake property not far from there. If you can't find anything appealing I bet Paul might have a solution. Also know someone in Cadiz who is in law enforcement and used to work on big trucks, he is a super nice fellow with all sorts of connections.

kybird 09-23-2019 04:47 PM

Turkey bay is great. That is where I go. Also room for a big rig. Sugar bay is very nice. But not so big rig friendly there are some nice areas there but getting the bird all the down to the water us the hard part. Well maybe getting out would be the hard part. Turkey bat will cost 20.00 for the weekend. There is a dump station on the trace . Very nice place and alot of things to do there

badandy 09-23-2019 05:24 PM

Chip - I will keep that in mind! I am hopeful we will find a place to land even if it's in a campground.

Rodney - what's the issue with Sugar Bay? Grades, sand, trees, ?

skywalker6582 09-23-2019 05:26 PM

Take a look at Boswell Landing, on Boswell Landing Road in the Tennessee section just a little north of the developed Piney campground. It has a number of nice gravel campsites, most with picnic tables and fire rings, and most of them will fit a bus. Some of the sites are waterfront on KY Lake and the rest are near. There is also a boat ramp, a pier, and a single "one hole" dump toilet in the middle of the campground (but nicely maintained). There are usually several spaces open. Easiest access is off of Hwy 79 in Tennessee, turn on the road to Piney and follow it around to Boswell Landing Road, then follow Boswell Landing road until you dead-end at the campground. From the KY side, you can take the Trace through LBL to the South visitors center and turn right, then follow that road to Boswell Landing Road.

kybird 09-23-2019 05:28 PM

Yes to all. You can get down there in a big rig. Just make sure it is day light. It's dark there i mean dark. And low tree limbs. Just got to have all eyes open. Wrangler campground is nice if you like horses. Full hookups also. If you go to turkey bay let me know. I will meet you. If I can we can see some trails a little camp fire cooking

Mike Hohnstein 09-23-2019 06:28 PM

Don't try to operate a golf cart, ran into some park na$i's that were all over 'no operation of unlicensed vehicles'. Unmoved that the wife is handicapped.