Wanderlodge Owners Group

Wanderlodge Owners Group (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/index.php)
-   User Related Issues (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Bad Request, Etc. (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35228)

curtsprenger 11-10-2019 01:06 PM

Bad Request, Etc.

About 80% of the time a "Bad Request" is returned instead of gaining access to the WOG site, and more. This happens when attempting to access the site, posting once access is gained, changing profile, clicking on a thread, and when posting and I hit Submit Reply the site returns the Not Logged In screen. I go back one screen and I'm still logged in, etc. This started about four weeks. Anyone else experiencing this? I'm using Chrome in Windows 10.

Mike Hohnstein 11-10-2019 01:11 PM

My in house IT guy has great reservations about how Microsoft has been doing lately, makes wonder if Linex is the way.

Steelwheels 11-10-2019 01:19 PM

I haven’t had any issues. I’m using a iOS phone and apple computer.

Maybe try and download Firefox(it’s free), and see if that helps. Quick solution if it works.

Dieselbird01 11-10-2019 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by curtsprenger (Post 469487)
About 80% of the time a "Bad Request" is returned instead of gaining access to the WOG site, and more. This happens when attempting to access the site, posting once access is gained, changing profile, clicking on a thread, and when posting and I hit Submit Reply the site returns the Not Logged In screen. I go back one screen and I'm still logged in, etc. This started about four weeks. Anyone else experiencing this? I'm using Chrome in Windows 10.

For what it's worth, I haven't been having or hearing about any of those symptoms - I'm running windows 7 with Microsoft IE, windows 10 with Microsoft Edge and Apple devices. Occasionally I log in with Chrome as well.

Steelwheels 11-10-2019 01:32 PM

You could also try and clear your cache and reset all your devices, modem cable or otherwise, router and computer.

gcyeaw 11-10-2019 01:45 PM

Check for the latest Chrome version. In the upper right of a Chrome window click on the three vertical dots, then click on help, then click on 'about google chrome'. It will check and update if not at the latest. If it updates, click on Relaunch and you are done.

photoadjuster 11-10-2019 01:54 PM

Drop Chrome and change to Foxfire. My son manages 40,000 systems and seems to know the correct way to do it.

curtsprenger 11-10-2019 04:59 PM

Installed Firefox and it is working at this time. Thank you all for your input.

Kiwi3 11-10-2019 05:44 PM

I agree on flushing the cache, I've seen that bog down systems horribly over time. If you don't know how to clear it, there are multiple small extensions for the popular browsers that will do it for you.

ttikalsky 11-16-2019 01:13 AM

Started programming in Windows back in 1993 and exited the IT world in 2014. Switched to Mac's and life is much simpler now ... No regrets!