Wanderlodge Owners Group

Wanderlodge Owners Group (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/index.php)
-   General (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   FC air intake (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7493)

gcyeaw 08-27-2010 06:26 PM

FC air intake

3 Attachment(s)
I insulated the dog house this week and noticed the rear of the air intake passage was slightly open. I tightened the mounting screw, but it didn't close the gap very much. I sealed it up with a dum-dum like material.

Now I am wondering if it was open to allow water captured while driving in rain to escape? Anyhone know?

Jim Harvie 08-27-2010 06:59 PM

Gardner.
Not sure, but from what I can make out of the pictures, that hole is not in the airbox. like it's divided?

NH Bill 08-27-2010 07:02 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by gcyeaw (Post 70933)
I insulated the dog house this week and noticed the rear of the air intake passage was slightly open. I tightened the mounting screw, but it didn't close the gap very much. I sealed it up with a dum-dum like material.

Now I am wondering if it was open to allow water captured while driving in rain to escape? Anyone know?

Gardner, I don't remember it being open. Here are a couple pics of ours.

NH Bill

gcyeaw 08-27-2010 07:08 PM

Jim,
If you look from the front, both sides of the baffle are open to the intake. The baffle is really the side of the dog house, there is a bump on the outside for additional intake area.

Jim Harvie 08-27-2010 07:13 PM

Gardner... ok.
I'm not sure why it's there, but I think it's a good idea to have a small drain there to release water etc. I think it's small enough not to pull too much heat through there.
By the way, you did a nice job on the insulation!

Bill Pape 08-27-2010 07:19 PM

Gardner,

Looks great, sell the boat & fix the injection pump.
Sold my boat after the Kids were grown, Happiest day of my life. :p

Bill Pape 08-27-2010 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NH Bill (Post 70946)
Gardner, I don't remember it being open. Here are a couple pics of ours.

NH Bill

Bill H ,

good picture of the turbo addition, Rivets, good idea.
How and how much space needed. this has been asked a few times.

gcyeaw 08-27-2010 07:26 PM

Bill,
The boat isn't mine. The owner of the storage facility has an excavation business and a three bay shop on site. He is kind enough to let me use the space, tools, etc. to do things like this. In return, I help do things on his '78 FC, which I sold to him. The boat belongs to him or a maybe friend of his.

He stores RV's, trucks, and boats (large lake nearby), plus a large installation of self-storage.

Bill Pape 08-27-2010 07:30 PM

Oops,

My mistake, please do not sell someone else's boat & spend retirement in the clink.
Not a good idea for either of us.

NH Bill 08-27-2010 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Pape (Post 70955)
Bill H ,

good picture of the turbo addition, Rivets, good idea.
How and how much space needed. this has been asked a few times.

Bill P
I have seen you respond to Bill H after I post. Who is Bill H? If you mean me, its Bill G. Not bad though, only one letter away :)

NH Bill