Wanderlodge Owners Group

Wanderlodge Owners Group (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/index.php)
-   Parts and Other Items For Sale (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Kohler 12.5 KW Generator w/Perkins (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8829)

oldmansax 01-12-2011 09:18 PM

Kohler 12.5 KW Generator w/Perkins
 
I am going to sell the generator that was in my '82 PT40. The bad is it doesn't generate electricity. The stator has failed. The part is about $1900.As far as we can tell, that is the only problem. I have had it at the Kohler Service center here & it has been well checked over. It runs fine. It has a new, never installed solid state voltage regulator. New brushes. New starter. It's been cleaned up inside the generator. All the switches, glow plugs, etc. work. Good oil pressure, no temperature issues. Total unit hours are a little over 2000 which the dealer says is not a lot. It will come with the remote mounted radiator & fan. I can get some pictures next week if anyone wants them. Transportation and/or freight will have to be worked out. I don't know what it is worth. Make me an offer.
Oldmansax@yahoo.com.

TOM

rwoody 01-12-2011 09:23 PM

tom

u know u can put a new gen set end on that right?

mucho less dough than new gennie

i like them old perkins..they are bullets

Bill Pape 01-12-2011 09:43 PM

Shane replaced his gen head on the perkins with that unit Blair sells.
Find the post or Shane may reply.

Bill Pape 01-12-2011 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Pape (Post 89911)
Shane replaced his gen head on the perkins with that unit Blair sells.
Find the post or Shane may reply.

Here is one of Shane's posts,

http://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.co...ead.php?t=6803

Turbokitty 01-12-2011 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldmansax (Post 89907)
I am going to sell the generator that was in my '82 PT40. The bad is it doesn't generate electricity. The stator has failed. The part is about $1900.As far as we can tell, that is the only problem. I have had it at the Kohler Service center here & it has been well checked over. It runs fine. It has a new, never installed solid state voltage regulator. New brushes. New starter. It's been cleaned up inside the generator. All the switches, glow plugs, etc. work. Good oil pressure, no temperature issues. Total unit hours are a little over 2000 which the dealer says is not a lot. It will come with the remote mounted radiator & fan. I can get some pictures next week if anyone wants them. Transportation and/or freight will have to be worked out. I don't know what it is worth. Make me an offer.
Oldmansax@yahoo.com.

TOM

Here ya go... I know this isn't the right replacement head but this place usually has either 12 or 15KW SAE face mounted generator heads that operate at 1800 RPM. Good heads and great pricing...

http://cgi.ebay.com/8kw-ST-Generator...item2560623889

Here is the right head??

http://cgi.ebay.com/YHG-13-5KW-1-Pha...item230a92342f

Christian 01-12-2011 11:28 PM

When we would have a motor burn up... we would take it to a motor repair shop. I know they also rewind generators...
It is usually 1/2 the price of new...
Every larger city has at least a couple of shops...:D

You need to be aware of the rating for rain tight or waterproof construction.... If it is run while going down the highway in the rain... will it suck water?

oldmansax 01-13-2011 09:24 AM

I want to sell it, not fix it. It's loud. I dry camp beside churches a lot so that makes a difference. It burns more fuel than a newer 7KW, and since I will be using it a lot, that adds up.

TOM

Randy Dupree 01-13-2011 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldmansax (Post 89955)
I want to sell it, not fix it. It's loud. I dry camp beside churches a lot so that makes a difference. It burns more fuel than a newer 7KW, and since I will be using it a lot, that adds up.

TOM

The church will not complain 6 days per week!
Ha!
Unless your in the south...

oldmansax 01-13-2011 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randy Dupree (Post 89964)
The church will not complain 6 days per week!
Ha!
Unless your in the south...

That's funny! Most of the churches we go to ARE in the south, and most of them are very small. Some have no A/C. At one, we have to park within 3' of the building. The genny would be about 20' from the pulpit with only an open window between them.

I guess I could preach on the wild screaming creatures roaming the earth before the end times......... :D:D:D

TOM

gcyeaw 01-13-2011 11:36 AM

Tom,
I wish I had some extra funds to replace the old noisemaker. Even thought I don't park next to churches very often, I do visit state parks and other places where the Perkins disturbes the tranquility. I like the tranquility myself.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:59 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.