Wanderlodge Owners Group

Wanderlodge Owners Group (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/index.php)
-   Coaches For Sale by WOG Members (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   88wb needs work,Morgantown WV (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34796)

Randy Dupree 09-11-2019 11:48 AM

88wb needs work,Morgantown WV

Estate sale.
This guy up in Morgantown bought this 88wb and he had it a short time and decided to put a jake brake on it.
His brother is a retired DD mechanic and he was doing the work.
They got one side done and the wife got ill,work was postponed and the coach has now sat for 3 years.
The rads out of the coach,and other stuff is off but its all there in a building.
The owner passed away a few days ago and they want the coach to go away.
Its an 88 WB,130,000 miles or so.
I don't have any pics or other info,it will have to be towed.
If someone is in that area that can go by and put eyes on it,that would be great.

EMAIL me only,i am not selling this coach,just trying to help a family in need.
I don't have anymore info!!!
we need someone to put eyes on it,they do want some money but not a lot for it.
Do we have a member in the area?

shaaksma 09-11-2019 12:24 PM

I suggested a color tour through WV this weekend. I'd like to look at it, waiting for DW to approve.

Dieselbird01 09-11-2019 03:13 PM

Dang! We drove through Morgantown on Monday. :(

Randy Dupree 09-13-2019 11:57 AM

Heres an interesting part of this story.

The owner of this Bird bought an old Newell about 10 years ago that was one town over from me here in Bainbridge.
The Newell had had an engine swap and it had a DT466 engine in it when he bought it.
Ho got down here to get it and found the engine was bad,and he had been a wogger for a few years and knew i was nearby.
He called me up looking for an engine,a DT466 International.

I know you will find this hard to believe,but just that week i had bought 5 trucks from a local guy,and one of them had a DT466 with a bad stick shift transmission.
I drove the truck home,but it only had 3rd,4th and 5th gear.

So,i sell this guy the engine and he comes to the warehouse to see it and hear it run,then i had a friend here do the install into the bus,a simple in and out swap.
They drive the newell home and he decides its not what he really wanted and he ended up buying the bird and selling the Newell.
So,when the brother called me about selling the Bird he reminded me of that engine deal.
I had forgotten the names and stuff but i remembered the deal.

They had not forgotten me,so it seems!

chiplamb 09-13-2019 02:58 PM

That's hilarious, sounds like something stupid I would do, all for the love of some old piece of iron. I drove an old MCI9 yesterday and got nostalgic...

shaaksma 09-14-2019 09:54 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Checked on the '88 in Morgantown WV.

Paint is in need of love. I think most of it will buff out. One notable dent at Pass wheel well, near step. Zip Dees left extended. Minor surface rust on underside. Interior is ready for a refresh. All seating surfaces well worn. No visible water damage, no sagging or smells. No signs of mice. No broken glass noted. White/neutral interior. Did not test any electrical or plumbing. Need fridge. Needs deep clean. Radiator is out, parts for re-core on hand. Tires weather checked, new/unused tires may be available, date code not available. batteries shot. Bus purchased in Georgia, driven to VW, not driven since. Asking price not determined, seller not sure of market value. Pictures available, send me an email if interested.

shaaksma 09-14-2019 09:58 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Send me a request, I'll respond with right side up pictures!

Randy Dupree 09-14-2019 11:55 PM

Thanks Shawn!

shaaksma 09-17-2019 06:55 PM

Seller states new fridge in storage. 4 new unmounted tires date code 48 of 08.

Mike Hohnstein 09-17-2019 08:59 PM

safe to say there's rust issues.