Wanderlodge Owners Group

Wanderlodge Owners Group (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/index.php)
-   Feedback (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   What is it that you "do not like" about the WOG forum. (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29019)

iamflagman 07-13-2017 11:11 AM

What is it that you "do not like" about the WOG forum.

What is it that you "do not like" about the WOG forum, here is your chance to let us know what it is about the WOG forum that you don't like about the forum, just post that information here.

There is also a thread about What is it that you like about the WOG forum.

mpierce 07-13-2017 12:14 PM

I prefer sites where one has option of going directly to "new" posts in each thread, instead of having to go to the thread, and then click unread posts. Small item.

dmurdock 07-13-2017 12:29 PM

I wish the "members only" or the "anything goes" section was part of this site and not a yahoo group (or a separate site that doesn't require a yahoo account).

Pokorniks 07-13-2017 12:32 PM

This is the best forum I participate in. A side effect of everyone wanting to pitch in could be 'too much information' when doing a search - but I wouldn't want to change that. Combining related threads on common issues is great.

Tailfins57 07-13-2017 01:05 PM

Posting images and videos is not simple click and add, search is tedious and frustrating. Its too too great and active, I find myself wasting a lot of time surfing it!

NoGas 07-13-2017 01:28 PM

Fix the "What did you do to your Bus today?" thread

I "do not like" that one thread has become a catch all for long posts that should've been posted in a more appropriate & searchable category. The simple intent of the entire "What did you do to your bus today?" thread could've been met by limiting each post to 140 characters (just like Twitter). That would have forced people with more details than could easily fit, to categorize & post their information where it belongs OR to start their own thread in a more appropriate category. As it is & unless one is willing to sort/read through all 3,000+ posts, some fairly awesome information is now basically lost :(.

When the poll was taken, I voted to CLOSE that thread because of the search-ability issue. I still think the thread should be closed. However, a 140 character limit would help limit the damage.

BrianS 07-13-2017 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpierce (Post 385193)
I prefer sites where one has option of going directly to "new" posts in each thread, instead of having to go to the thread, and then click unread posts. Small item.

I agree, this is the biggest issue I have with the forum. It is nice that the latest 10 or so threads are listed at the top of the web site, but if you are gone from the site for more than a few hours, you can miss a lot of information. Hunting through all of the many threads is a royal pain.

Rick 07-13-2017 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrianS (Post 385203)
I agree, this is the biggest issue I have with the forum. It is nice that the latest 10 or so threads are listed at the top of the web site, but if you are gone from the site for more than a few hours, you can miss a lot of information. Hunting through all of the many threads is a royal pain.

I think if you click "new post" it will show the posts you have not read.
Don't know how many but a couple pages at least.

BrianS 07-13-2017 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick (Post 385204)
I think if you click "new post" it will show the posts you have not read.
Don't know how many but a couple pages at least.

Thanks Rick! I was not aware of that feature. I think we should have you give a seminar on navigating the web site at WOG! There you go, proof that no good deed goes unpunished! :):)

biobug 07-13-2017 01:54 PM

I have no complaints. I do wish that pictures would not flip sideways. When you sell on Ebay you can flip the pictures around before posting. Small problem but my neck starts hurting after a while.:D:D