Wanderlodge Owners Group

Wanderlodge Owners Group (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/index.php)
-   Electrical (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   MS2812 Inventer (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36278)

Beakar 05-02-2020 04:00 PM

MS2812 Inventer

Hello,

Started having battery issues last year while visiting Rockies. House and engine batteries were 14-15 years old. This year I replaced them with exactly what was in the bus but the inverter is not charging the batteries. I get the red fault light as well as fast flash green lights on the remote. Reset soft and hard the inverter several times, same outcome. I do have 110v running in the bus, just no 12v.

Is the inverter fried? it is 5 years old. Is there a class T 200A fuse bad somewhere? Is there a wiring diagram for the inverter? I could not find it anywhere.

Big Al 05-02-2020 04:38 PM

There might be a rest switch behind the inverter that might be tripped.
Do you have a manual for the inverter? If not you can find manual online.

Beakar 05-02-2020 06:13 PM

@ Big Al,
Do you have a picture of it? I have the white inverter and stick my head past the inverter and could only see negative cable there.
I do have the inverter manual but it is product specific and not BB wiring

atckip 05-02-2020 08:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I've had an issue with the 300A fuse blocks going bad. You might check there to see if 12V is passing.

Beakar 05-02-2020 11:31 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Those fuses look like in the main battery compartment. Attached are one fuse from the battery compartment, it may be 200A. The picture from inverter compartment looks like capacitor?

How would I check the fuse? take it out and check the ends like in a small auto fuse?

Randy Dupree 05-03-2020 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beakar (Post 485244)
Those fuses look like in the main battery compartment. Attached are one fuse from the battery compartment, it may be 200A. The picture from inverter compartment looks like capacitor?

How would I check the fuse? take it out and check the ends like in a small auto fuse?

Test light will work,as will a volt meter.

atckip 05-03-2020 09:00 AM

In my case the fuses were good...it was the fuse blocks themselves. They are now both replaced with Blue Sea blocks and lugged ends rather than cable held by allen screws as came from the factory. Someone else will have to show the location differences between your LX and my widebody

Big Al 05-03-2020 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beakar (Post 485198)
@ Big Al,
Do you have a picture of it? I have the white inverter and stick my head past the inverter and could only see negative cable there.
I do have the inverter manual but it is product specific and not BB wiring

I do not have a picture. Last February at the Love Birds Rally I had the same issue. If I remember correctly the manual said it was a stuck relay. We were cooking and put a heavy load on the system and all of a sudden it started to charge and was working. I don’t know if it was a coincidence.
Call Magnum customer service they will help you figure it out.

1984Lodge 05-03-2020 10:13 AM

A couple of questions.. did you try the AC breaker on the side of the inverter? It may have tripped that breaker on the side, its just a little button breaker, should pop out when tripped.. push it in and make sure that is connected.
What does the manual say the fault means? Which remote do you have?
It should say something in the display as to what the fault is..
Has this been happening since you replaced the batteries? May be something not connected or connected wrong? Check all your battery connections.

Here is the manual for the ME-RC50 Remote:
https://www.magnum-dimensions.com/si...ev-D-ME-RC.pdf

Dieselbird01 05-03-2020 10:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beakar (Post 485244)

That's not a capacitor, it’s a high amp Relay (sometimes called a Solenoid here on WOG).