Wanderlodge Owners Group

Wanderlodge Owners Group (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/index.php)
-   PT & WB (Twin Axle Pusher Unique Issues) (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Air leak (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38675)

whited44 05-05-2021 06:48 AM

Air leak

Just bought a 93 wide body.. had an air leak at the step, fixed that.
However there seems to be another pretty substantial leak between the rear tires, towards the middle of the bus, up high towards the bottom of the floor…
Any guesses of what is there?? It does it with the suspension dumped and aired up.

1984Lodge 05-05-2021 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whited44 (Post 520819)
Just bought a 93 wide body.. had an air leak at the step, fixed that.
However there seems to be another pretty substantial leak between the rear tires, towards the middle of the bus, up high towards the bottom of the floor…
Any guesses of what is there?? It does it with the suspension dumped and aired up.

I can tell you there is a bunch of air stuff up there.. still could be the suspension dump valves.. they tend to get crud in them and leak.. could be any number of other things up there, brake relay valves.. pressure protection valves.. there are lots of places for leaks... just have to get it in the air and properly supported.. if you can hear it not being under the bus you should be able to find it under there pretty easy.. get a picture of what’s leaking and then it can be identified..
PS did you sell your PT?

Stretch44875 05-05-2021 07:40 AM

I've fixed couple leaks on mine in that area. I'm surprised, Allen had fixed air leaks.

whited44 05-05-2021 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1984Lodge (Post 520820)
I can tell you there is a bunch of air stuff up there.. still could be the suspension dump valves.. they tend to get crud in them and leak.. could be any number of other things up there, brake relay valves.. pressure protection valves.. there are lots of places for leaks... just have to get it in the air and properly supported.. if you can hear it not being under the bus you should be able to find it under there pretty easy.. get a picture of what’s leaking and then it can be identified..
PS did you sell your PT?

Yeah sold the PT to some people in Clarksville Tennessee... I kept telling them I wouldn't sell it to them unless they were going to use it and give it a good home...
My buddy has a big truck rack maybe I can take it there to see what is leaking, then order parts, then take it back to the rack

1984Lodge 05-05-2021 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whited44 (Post 520827)
Yeah sold the PT to some people in Clarksville Tennessee... I kept telling them I wouldn't sell it to them unless they were going to use it and give it a good home...
My buddy has a big truck rack maybe I can take it there to see what is leaking, then order parts, then take it back to the rack

Yea, if you have a easier way to get it up in the air that would be good.

You will have to post some pictures of the new bus.. is it an 8v92 or series 60?

whited44 05-05-2021 05:35 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1984Lodge (Post 520878)
Yea, if you have a easier way to get it up in the air that would be good.

You will have to post some pictures of the new bus.. is it an 8v92 or series 60?

I’m borrowing some ramps from mike on here…

New bus has the 8v92.. it’s Jim Walters old one….

isp2952 05-05-2021 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whited44 (Post 520888)
I’m borrowing some ramps from mike on here…

New bus has the 8v92.. it’s Jim Walters old one….

I do miss the old girl but am very happy she has a new home. She looks good where she sits. I wish you and your family the best with her.

Randy Dupree 05-05-2021 06:01 PM

I think your going to find a leaky PPV,in the hardest place on earth to get to.
How big a fella are you?

isp2952 05-05-2021 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randy Dupree (Post 520891)
I think your going to find a leaky PPV,in the hardest place on earth to get to.
How big a fella are you?

Not as big as I am and he can hear too:D:D:D

tsdevane 05-05-2021 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by isp2952 (Post 520889)
I do miss the old girl but am very happy she has a new home. She looks good where she sits. I wish you and your family the best with her.

Gosh Jim... That's the first time I have seen that profile picture of your previous Bird; very sharp. You have a knack for picking pretty Birdies. ;)

Timothy