Wanderlodge Owners Group

Wanderlodge Owners Group (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/index.php)
-   Ladies General Discussion (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=120)
-   -   Pots/Pans/Extra's (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21366)

teamf4 11-21-2014 11:41 AM

Pots/Pans/Extra's
 
Was wanting to leave some things in the Bird.

Was thinking about pots/pans or maybe something extra you ladies like to use.

What is a good all around use of pans.

Like, do I only need one pot...what size do you use.....just trying to stream line yet have a handy size of stuff.

LOL.

Thanks!!

~T

Frank W. 11-21-2014 12:34 PM

If $ a concern...just set up using your spares from home, or shop second hand.

If not...try getting a Magma nesting set of non stick:
http://www.anchorexpress.com/magma-n...Fetj7Aod0loAMQ

We brought this type over from the boat and love it. Top quality and compact rattle free storage.

Base your cookware on what you cook when RV'ing...but minimally we rely on a good large size non-stick skillet with a lid. A small 1qt and bigger 2.5qt standard pot with lids. A plastic colander/strainer. Microwave safe 2.5qt cookpot with lid.

We find when at base or travelling that a lunch "out" is a nice treat...and then we eat simply for most dinners. Less stress, less clean up, no dinner crowds at restaurants.

teamf4 11-21-2014 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by f.wernlein (Post 277160)
If $ a concern...just set up using your spares from home, or shop second hand.

If not...try getting a Magma nesting set of non stick:
http://www.anchorexpress.com/magma-n...Fetj7Aod0loAMQ

We brought this type over from the boat and love it. Top quality and compact rattle free storage.

Base your cookware on what you cook when RV'ing...but minimally we rely on a good large size non-stick skillet with a lid. A small 1qt and bigger 2.5qt standard pot with lids. A plastic colander/strainer. Microwave safe 2.5qt cookpot with lid.

We find when at base or travelling that a lunch "out" is a nice treat...and then we eat simply for most dinners. Less stress, less clean up, no dinner crowds at restaurants.

Thanks!!

I've seen plastic collapsible strainers, but do they hold up?

I forget about the microwave, thanks for suggestion a microwave safe cookpot.

Those magna pots. Can you use induction pots on any cook top? can you use them over a fire pit?


Side note, I looked at your pictures. In picture #4, by the door...is there a fold down thing that goes over the steps? we little latches that looked to have held something and saw that in your picture, we just don't have anything there.

~T

Crit Bliss 11-21-2014 12:54 PM

Ask Randy about how much cookware he has seen come out of my coach.....

Mustang88 11-21-2014 01:37 PM

Cover folds down over the steps adding to floor space and ensure you don't fall down steps at night! Simple setup - 3/4 inch plywood, hinge on end below latches with metal (aluminum) lip screwed to opposite end!

I have been using small plastic baskets from Ikea to put smaller items in for cabinets above table and sink. They keep things from sliding around or falling out if the door pops open when moving.

Chap 11-21-2014 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crit Bliss (Post 277162)
Ask Randy about how much cookware he has seen come out of my coach.....

That's one of the beauties of our FC's. Loads of inside storage space and you aren't worried about the weight. Take it all!

Nancy Brookshire 11-21-2014 03:08 PM

No, the Mgna pots do not work on induction cooktops. Ask me how I know...:(. I have had a collapsable strainer for 10/12 years....still works great. I have a "pasta boat", Lee Davis MADE me get it , at Walmart/target/bed bath & beyond. I use it frequently for other cooking. We leave all non perishables in the coach. Wash all textiles after each trip and return to coach. I have Huggie pop up wipes for hand washing, wiping down countertops, cleaning up spills, wiping off the doggies dirty paws....etc! Enjoy!!

teamf4 11-21-2014 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodwinds (Post 277171)
No, the Mgna pots do not work on induction cooktops. Ask me how I know...:(. I have had a collapsable strainer for 10/12 years....still works great. I have a "pasta boat", Lee Davis MADE me get it , at Walmart/target/bed bath & beyond. I use it frequently for other cooking. We leave all non perishables in the coach. Wash all textiles after each trip and return to coach. I have Huggie pop up wipes for hand washing, wiping down countertops, cleaning up spills, wiping off the doggies dirty paws....etc! Enjoy!!

wipes, good thinking!!
thanks

Randy Dupree 11-21-2014 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crit Bliss (Post 277162)
Ask Randy about how much cookware he has seen come out of my coach.....

Crit is like a magician,stuff just magically appears!
He is a professional chef,and his coach can prove it!

The first time he came to my house he took over my kitchen,and he still does to this day!
But he brings his own tools!

Rick 11-21-2014 10:08 PM

Wish he'd take over Roberta's kitchen. She is a great cook but Crit is a professional.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:35 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.