Wanderlodge Owners Group

Wanderlodge Owners Group (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/index.php)
-   LX and LXI (Unique Issues) (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=91)
-   -   NEW Forum for LX and LXI Model 'Birds (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3854)

iamflagman 08-24-2009 05:58 AM

NEW Forum for LX and LXI Model 'Birds

We have created a NEW Forum for LX and LXI Model 'Birds and it also includes a LX and LXI Parts List sub-forum. They can be found at;

Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner >

LX and LXI (Unique Issues)
If you have a unique issue with your LX or LXI model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it, WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THOSE ISSUES INVOLVED WITH ANY LAWSUIT.....list your LX and LXI Parts here too.

Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > LX and LXI (Unique Issues) >

LX and LXI Parts List
List your parts here, that are unique to the LX and LXI model 'Birds.

Charlie SW Florida 08-20-2013 10:07 AM

Leveling Jack Problem

When I try to operate the leveling system it will not come on. If I hold down the on button the "not in park brake" light comes on. This problem has been intermittent but now I am in a park in Colorado with the jacks down and can't get the system to come on. Is there a workaround to bypass this? I realize that all cabinets must be closed and they are. The park brake is set. I suspect that the problem is in the park brake switch. Where is it? My coach is a 1999 LXI with HWH system.

Rob Robinson 08-20-2013 10:16 AM

Charles if all else fails I understand you can open that panel in the first bay (on the forward wall) and open the four T-valves.. This is supposed to relieve the pressure and let the springs return the rams to the stow position.

tomdrennon 08-20-2013 12:53 PM

There should be a second stoplight switch next to the actual S/L switch that is used as a safety for tht HWH system. It is connected to the parking switch air circuit. It may not be making contact. Check it with a test light while thr ignition switch is "on" but without the engine running. Good luck!

bwinter1946 08-20-2013 01:24 PM

Question: Is the parking brake light illuminated on your dash while the "Parking Brake not set" light is illuminated on the HWH panel?

HummerH1 08-20-2013 02:54 PM

Charlie, I went thru this last year. I think the key to solving this is that it was an intermittent problem first. What finally fixed it was going into the control box mounted in the front bay drivers side of the coach and checking/tightening all of the connections. Have not had any further troubles. Rob is correct about the workaround. On my 2001 LXI in the front bay center there is a removable panel on the forward wall. Behind his panel is the HWH pump, distribution blocks, valves, etc. On a non slide coach there is four valves with T handles. Turn the T handles counter clockwise and the jacks will retract. On a slide coach there is two sets of T handles. One for the slides, one set for the jacks, as I remember the set on the left as you look at them is for the slides the one on the right is for the jacks. I see you are from Ft Myers Beach. I am in Port Charlotte. If still giving you trouble when you get back let me know and I'll see if I can help.

Charlie SW Florida 08-20-2013 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomdrennon (Post 220891)
There should be a second stoplight switch next to the actual S/L switch that is used as a safety for tht HWH system. It is connected to the parking switch air circuit. It may not be making contact. Check it with a test light while thr ignition switch is "on" but without the engine running. Good luck!

Where is the parking switch located?

Charlie SW Florida 08-20-2013 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwinter1946 (Post 220893)
Question: Is the parking brake light illuminated on your dash while the "Parking Brake not set" light is illuminated on the HWH panel?

Thanks for the response. My coach does not have a parking brake light on the dash. I checked the drawings which were in the Blue Box.

Charlie SW Florida 08-20-2013 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HummerH1 (Post 220903)
Charlie, I went thru this last year. I think the key to solving this is that it was an intermittent problem first. What finally fixed it was going into the control box mounted in the front bay drivers side of the coach and checking/tightening all of the connections. Have not had any further troubles. Rob is correct about the workaround. On my 2001 LXI in the front bay center there is a removable panel on the forward wall. Behind his panel is the HWH pump, distribution blocks, valves, etc. On a non slide coach there is four valves with T handles. Turn the T handles counter clockwise and the jacks will retract. On a slide coach there is two sets of T handles. One for the slides, one set for the jacks, as I remember the set on the left as you look at them is for the slides the one on the right is for the jacks. I see you are from Ft Myers Beach. I am in Port Charlotte. If still giving you trouble when you get back let me know and I'll see if I can help.

Thanks Mike. I will check the connections in the morning.

mhughes01 08-31-2013 02:52 PM

How do we move important threads for lxi's in here from elsewhere on the forum?