Wanderlodge Owners Group

Wanderlodge Owners Group (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/index.php)
-   How To Protect Your RV Investment. (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Diesel leak - please help identify the part Cummins ISL (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35009)

DW SD 10-08-2019 10:29 PM

Diesel leak - please help identify the part Cummins ISL
 
3 Attachment(s)
All,
Anyone recognize the leaking part? First photo is circled in red. Definitively diesel fuel leaking.
Passengers side of engine next to fuel filter. Drips on to starter.
I get 3” overnight.
First thought was fuel pump? There are electrical leads on it.
Thank you,
Doug

Kb1jkn 10-08-2019 11:00 PM

You are correct sir, that is a lift pump. If you post your esn I can get you a part number off of quickserve.

DW SD 10-09-2019 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kb1jkn (Post 466690)
You are correct sir, that is a lift pump. If you post your esn I can get you a part number off of quickserve.

Hi Mike,
THANKS A BUNCH!
I pulled some #s off the data card. WOW - they sure have a small font!

ENGINE NO: 46296988
ENGINE FAMILY: 3CEXH0540LAC

One question:
1. is it worth upgrading to Air Dog or similar aftermarket lift pump?

Thank you,

Doug

Kb1jkn 10-09-2019 03:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quickserve shows the pump assembly as pn:FS9340-01. Just the pump can be purchased as pn: 4935013 with a 4935004 mounting gasket required to install. I would double check the leak by cleaning the area well with a solvent and verifying the pump is leaking before replacing it. The parts break down shows a few connections and plugged ports with o-ring seals that could have shrunk with age and began to leak. An aftermarket lift pump can be installed, maybe someone else can chime in with experience in sizing one for your application. I know I would likely replace with a factory pump for ease of parts availability again in the future.

DW SD 10-09-2019 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kb1jkn (Post 466757)
Quickserve shows the pump assembly as pn:FS9340-01. Just the pump can be purchased as pn: 4935013 with a 4935004 mounting gasket required to install. I would double check the leak by cleaning the area well with a solvent and verifying the pump is leaking before replacing it. The parts break down shows a few connections and plugged ports with o-ring seals that could have shrunk with age and began to leak. An aftermarket lift pump can be installed, maybe someone else can chime in with experience in sizing one for your application. I know I would likely replace with a factory pump for ease of parts availability again in the future.

Hi Mike,
Thank you. Do you have a recommendation for where to purchase an OEM pump?

Doug

Kb1jkn 10-09-2019 07:20 PM

Any Cummins dealer can get you those parts. If you were closer I would be happy to supply them through my dealership, search your area and see if anything comes up. If nothing turns up PM me and I can see what I can do.

DW SD 10-10-2019 11:27 AM

I created an account at quickserve.cummins.com
Added various parts to my shopping cart. I feel sort of silly... but I can't seem to find a price nor purchase option. Does Cummins have an online parts counter?

Do you have a recommended online vendor?

From inspecting that area, it seems to have had a small leak for a long time. Lots of dirt built up. So, I was planning to buy the 4 o-rings, pump seal and lift pump. Just replace it all.

Thank you for your help.

Doug

Kb1jkn 10-10-2019 12:11 PM

If you have any Cummins dealer in your area they will sell you parts over the counter. I am not sure about them sending parts directly through quickserve online. Also keep in mind if you dont have a Cummins dealer locally just about any dealer I have called in the past can ship to you. If you would like, PM me and I can give you my dealers info and you can purchase everything through them and have it shipped.

DW SD 10-10-2019 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kb1jkn (Post 466857)
If you have any Cummins dealer in your area they will sell you parts over the counter. I am not sure about them sending parts directly through quickserve online. Also keep in mind if you dont have a Cummins dealer locally just about any dealer I have called in the past can ship to you. If you would like, PM me and I can give you my dealers info and you can purchase everything through them and have it shipped.

Hi Mike,
You are incredibly helpful.
I'll hit you up if they don't respond to my note.

THANK YOU!

Doug

Dan & Cindy 10-10-2019 10:35 PM

I had a minor diesel leak a few years ago. I was able to cure it by tightening the fasteners that hold the housing together. I think the low sulfur diesel may have contributed to gasket shrinkage.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:27 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.