Wanderlodge Owners Group

Wanderlodge Owners Group (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/index.php)
-   Announcements (MODERATED) (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   WOG needs your help (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30688)

iamflagman 02-13-2018 11:05 AM

WOG needs your help

We need your help with updating your current email address, here's how to do that;

How do I change my user details?
You can change your account information using the User Control Panel. For basic profile details (including your email address and password), click on the 'Edit Your Details' option from within the User CP. This page allows you to set a number of required and optional details, some of which will be displayed on your public profile. With the exception of your email address, do not enter information that you do not wish to be publicly viewable.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubblerboy64 (Post 406507)
This may be a stupid question but if we have had no changes do we need to do anything? Do we need to log into that area just to verify no change ?

https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.c...ine=1230859646

John,

As long as your email address is up to date you don't have to do anything.

Randy Dupree 02-13-2018 11:14 AM

Heres a little more info on what we need.
We have lots of members with old email addresses,old addresses that do not work anymore.
The WOG sends out all kinds of emails daily,from happy birthday to forwarding threads etc to your address.
When we send these emails out to a bad address we get the emails "bounced " back to WOG.
So,why does this matter?
Well,i have no idea how this works but heres how i understand it,when we get a bounced back email that email is counted somehow,when we get too many of them back we get a "bad mark" next to the WOG name,basically it makes it look like WOG is sending out spam.
Which is not so good in the computer world.

So,please update your files,we need to get this cleaned up so we can stay in business!

Thanks everyone!!

bubblerboy64 02-13-2018 11:20 AM

This may be a stupid question but if we have had no changes do we need to do anything? Do we need to log into that area just to verify no change ?

jcs707 02-13-2018 12:00 PM

Not sure how the forum software (vBulletin) works, but if you send a all members email (broadcast) and then record the bounces, you could build a 'white-list' for future emailing purposes and also use the 'bounce-list' to programmatically purge all the defunct addresses. Sounds like a common problem, I would think vBulletin would have this capability.

Lance & Terry 02-13-2018 12:14 PM

Randy and John,
Most if not all people that will read this post are not your primary issue. Its the non participating members that joined but have dropped off the map. Is there anyway that when you get a returned email that you can suspend/delete that account. If the member in question truly is a member then they will contact the WOG administrators to fix the problem.

Randy Dupree 02-13-2018 01:46 PM

we have a list of the bouncers,just trying to figure out the best way to handle it.
It may be easy to you guys,but not to me!
My VCR is still flashing...

bubblerboy64 02-13-2018 02:41 PM

It's not easy . I am of the opinion it's often made difficult. Job security?

Mallie Lennon 02-13-2018 04:37 PM

maybe we need to get multiple ways of contact.

irmagoo 02-13-2018 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randy Dupree (Post 406518)
we have a list of the bouncers,just trying to figure out the best way to handle it.
It may be easy to you guys,but not to me!
My VCR is still flashing...

so I don't know much but do we need to some how tell our e mil that wog is not junk or what ???

iamflagman 02-13-2018 08:45 PM

Right now you guys are over-complicating it, just make sure that your email is up to date for now.