Wanderlodge Owners Group

Wanderlodge Owners Group (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/index.php)
-   Electrical (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   LED turn signal (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34763)

Gatorgrl 09-06-2019 08:34 AM

LED turn signal

Ok, got another head scratcher. I converted the bus brake, tail and turning lights all to LED, even the orange front & side ones. I noticed now that when we put the turn signal on, the sides and the front all blink as they should, but the upper red rear turn lights simply light up on the side that should be blinking, but do not blink.
I have the same type of LED bulbs in the front orange light as I do in the upper rear red light. This makes no sense to me. :confused:

The lower red/brake lights were replaced with the big LED array, but the upper ones just got an LED 1156 bulb replacement.

Thoughts anyone?

LeRoy 09-06-2019 08:47 AM

You replaced your flasher unit with one that is for led correct?

Harold,Cat&Sam 09-06-2019 08:51 AM

You might try unhooking the wire on the red lights that are staying on and put a test light on it to see if it blinks .

Gatorgrl 09-06-2019 08:53 AM

Not yet, because it worked originally, so I didn't see need to.
Plus, I have no clue where that relay could even be in that maze.

But if the LED is not creating enough load to trigger the flasher, why is it flashing in the front and sides then?

Gatorgrl 09-06-2019 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harold,Cat&Sam (Post 463563)
You might try unhooking the wire on the red lights that are staying on and put a test light on it to see if it blinks .

Will do, thanks. It did work when I first installed them. Just seems odd. :rolleyes:

Steelwheels 09-06-2019 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatorgrl (Post 463560)
Ok, got another head scratcher. I converted the bus brake, tail and turning lights all to LED, even the orange front & side ones. I noticed now that when we put the turn signal on, the sides and the front all blink as they should, but the upper red rear turn lights simply light up on the side that should be blinking, but do not blink.
I have the same type of LED bulbs in the front orange light as I do in the upper rear red light. This makes no sense to me. :confused:

The lower red/brake lights were replaced with the big LED array, but the upper ones just got an LED 1156 bulb replacement.

Thoughts anyone?

Maybe start using “Head and Sholders”.

Randy Dupree 09-06-2019 09:14 AM

Or,hit the fuel pump with a hammer?
(i can't help myself Dana!)

1984Lodge 09-06-2019 09:43 AM

I did convert all my bulbs to LED as well and was having wonky light issues... changing the flasher relay fixed the wonky light issues...

badandy 09-06-2019 10:07 AM

You wired them wrong.

Bill Pape 09-06-2019 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badandy (Post 463578)
You wired them wrong.

Must have correct polarity, original socket can be wired incorrect for LED's