Wanderlodge Owners Group

Wanderlodge Owners Group (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/index.php)
-   New Members (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Are you a new member waiting to be approved (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16483)

iamflagman 05-04-2013 11:08 PM

Are you a new member waiting to be approved
 
One of my jobs here on WOG is getting to approve all new members and some times there can be problems in getting this accomplished. We here on WOG have a very strict NO SPAMMERS policy that can at time make it hard to join WOG, but I usually can get the job accomplished if the potential member who has been denied membership sends me an email through the Contact Us link at the bottom of each page of the forum.

Another problem in getting new members approved is when the potential member does not reply to the WOG forums software generated email that is sent to every new member to verify that they indeed did apply for membership, when they reply to that email it is then sent to me and when I receive it, I can then get them approved after a few more checks to reassure me that there is no SPAMMING intended by the applicant.

This all may sound like a lot of whoops to jump through in order to join WOG but they are also one of the reasons that I can only remember one SPAMMING incident since WOG was created and we would like to keep it that way.

So if you are a guest reading this forum and you have recently tried to register as a member of WOG, but you haven't received your membership approval and welcome email, look for the WOG verification email that has been sent to you and may be in your email spam filter box, or contact me through the Contact Us link at the bottom of this page. Sometimes the problem is as simple as adding the WOG email address wanderlodgeownersgroup@gmail.com to your email address book.

iamflagman 05-25-2013 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamflagman (Post 205416)
One of my jobs here on WOG is getting to approve all new members and some times there can be problems in getting this accomplished. We here on WOG have a very strict NO SPAMMERS policy that can at time make it hard to join WOG, but I usually can get the job accomplished if the potential member who has been denied membership sends me an email through the Contact Us link at the bottom of each page of the forum.

Another problem in getting new members approved is when the potential member does not reply to the WOG forums software generated email that is sent to every new member to verify that they indeed did apply for membership, when they reply to that email it is then sent to me and when I receive it, I can then get them approved after a few more checks to reassure me that there is no SPAMMING intended by the applicant.

This all may sound like a lot of whoops to jump through in order to join WOG but they are also one of the reasons that I can only remember one SPAMMING incident since WOG was created and we would like to keep it that way.

So if you are a guest reading this forum and you have recently tried to register as a member of WOG, but you haven't received your membership approval and welcome email, look for the WOG verification email that has been sent to you and may be in your email spam filter box, or contact me through the Contact Us link at the bottom of this page. Sometimes the problem is as simple as adding the WOG email address wanderlodgeownersgroup@gmail.com to your email address book.


It is time to re-post this again as we have a backlog of people waiting to be approved as members of WOG, so if you are a guest reading this forum and you have recently tried to register as a member of WOG, but you haven't received your membership approval and welcome email, look for the WOG verification email that has been sent to you and may be in your email spam filter box, or contact me through the Contact Us link at the bottom of this page.

Here is a list by Usernames that are still waiting for that reply before we can approve your membership;

JKG plus 4

samstanko

Miko38

Zbird 08-09-2013 11:33 AM

Hi John
I am a newb here but got approved pretty quick. My question is regarding a post I tried to make this morning about a BB I am going to look at this weekend. About how long does it take for posts to show up?
Thanks for your site and incredible info
Barry. Zbird

iamflagman 08-09-2013 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zbird (Post 219076)
Hi John
I am a newb here but got approved pretty quick. My question is regarding a post I tried to make this morning about a BB I am going to look at this weekend. About how long does it take for posts to show up?
Thanks for your site and incredible info
Barry. Zbird


I check the forum throughout the day and approve new members posts rather quickly, but yours got approved early the morning when I first got up and I live in South Carolina, we use this method as part of our anti-spamming policy, this is not saying you are a spammer, but we like to make sure by reading a new members first and sometimes second and third posts just to make sure, you shouldn't have any delays from now on, unless you would make a post on a moderated Sub-Forum or thread and in that case everyone is moderated .

I know that you and every member on WOG has read the links that were included in your welcome emails, so I won't be answering anymore questions about the forum :rolleyes:;):D Here is one that will help too check out Wanderlodge Owners Group > Frequently Asked Questions > How to use the Forum Features > How do I read this NEW forum, like I did the old Yahoo forum on the Internet? UPDATED

We are very proud of our Anti-Spamming record here on WOG and we want to keep it that way.

WannaFly 09-15-2016 09:13 PM

I am a flagman for the county, and drive the main road..Searching for the Sun on another overload:) Just seemed right?
Many Thanks to you and Randy for the add!
Bryan

iamflagman 09-15-2016 10:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by WannaFly (Post 354734)
I am a flagman for the county, and drive the main road..Searching for the Sun on another overload:) Just seemed right?
Many Thanks to you and Randy for the add!
Bryan

I was a flagman but not for the county I ran Finn's Flag Cars Nationwide Oversize Load Escorting and my CB handle was and still is Flagman, I worked with oversize loads like this one, a General Electric Jet Engine that has the nacelle removed it was 16' high, we took it from Durham, NC to their test facility at Peebles, Ohio.


Randy Dupree 09-16-2016 08:43 AM

hey Flagman,do you know where the term "wigwag" comes from in the automotive industry?

iamflagman 09-16-2016 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randy Dupree (Post 354777)
hey Flagman,do you know where the term "wigwag" comes from in the automotive industry?

Yes I do, I have them on my old work van, if you are talking about the alternating flashing headlights.


WannaFly 09-16-2016 06:53 PM

I was recounting the words from an old Glenn Campbell song "Lineman For the County". Very interesting work Flagman!
Recently say your video on the removal of your Cat engine via Toyota forklift..
The video is G, the audio is R+;) Your maybe Retired NAVY??:)
Bryan

iamflagman 09-16-2016 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WannaFly (Post 354844)
I was recounting the words from an old Glenn Campbell song "Lineman For the County". Very interesting work Flagman!
Recently say your video on the removal of your Cat engine via Toyota forklift..
The video is G, the audio is R+;) Your maybe Retired NAVY??:)
Bryan

That is why the video is on Wanderlodge_all and I didn't put the video on the main WOG forum. The video was shot by me (before my hand tremors got real bad) I'm an USAF veteran, with most of the audio provided by Mike Hohnstein and his crew and that is what you get along with the quality work that they perform, it was and still is worth every penny that I spent there. I consider Mike a great friend who affectionately calls me "GEEZER" (can we say that about Mike ;)) and an awesome gearhead too.

Here is a post about the video for those of you that may not have seen it before, it is quite entertaining:rolleyes:

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamflagman (Post 248312)
Ok, I'm usually the enforcer of the WOG Guidelines, so I really tried hard to do some serious editing and finally gave up on that, of this video of the Engine and Transmission removal from my 'Bird, so here is my solution, I have posted it over on our anything goes forum Wanderlodge_all View The "Members Only Area" Wanderlodge_all , here is a link to that post you must be a member of Wanderlodge_all to view the video and be forewarned there may be some offensive language that would not work well over here on WOG, so don't come back over here to WOG and complain about that, check out https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...messages/11939

If you are not a member of Wanderlodge_all just join it and I will approve your membership, you may want to read this first before joining;
Members Only Area Wanderlodge_all (Questionable Content)
\\\\\ Click Here to Read the "WARNING" First before clicking on View The "Members Only Area" Wanderlodge_all below /////



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:48 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.