Wanderlodge Owners Group

Wanderlodge Owners Group (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/index.php)
-   Rallies (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=109)
-   -   2009 'Birds at the Beach (Myrtle Beach, SC) (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1734)

iamflagman 10-10-2008 02:38 PM

2009 'Birds at the Beach (Myrtle Beach, SC)

3 Attachment(s)

This time we will be at “OCEAN LAKES FAMILY CAMPGROUND“ , to make your reservations click on the banner below, or call 1-877-510-1413 their web site is www.oceanlakes.com/ the 50 AMP full hookup sites are $31.00 plus a 11%sales tax, be sure to mention 'BIRDS AT THE BEACH when you are making your reservations, this will get most of us together in the HH section, there will be a few of you in the H section just across the road, we have 30 sites reserved, check here for reservation information http://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.co...attach/pdf.gif OCEAN LAKES RESERVATIONS INFO .pdf

To view a PDF file of the campsites click on OCEAN LAKES CAMPSITE MAP Those rates are also good for the week before and the week after, if you make those same reservation dates at the time of your rally dates.

Remember the 'Birds at the Beach rally will be the weekend before the Maxton - East Coast Timing Association - Hot Rod Magazine sponsored event, where we will also hold our annual spring 2009 Hot Rod / Maxton Bluebird Mini Rally (UPDATED) again on April 2-3-4-5, 2009 where the track entry fee is only $5.00 for the dry camping and a weekend of races, the temperatures are very moderate that time of the year, so you won't have to run your generator that much, so this way you can get more bang for your fuel buck, it is only 105 miles to Maxton from Myrtle Beach with a stop to get fuel if you need to at the Flying J on I-95 in Latta, SC.
Make sure that you add your information to the Database Sign Up Sheets for each rally found at; http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/wanderlodge/database

Ocean Lakes Family Campground,
Myrtle Beach, SC
http://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.co...2&d=1223659361
This campground is a different one than we were at for the last rally in Myrtle Beach, some of you may remember it as the original campground that we used. For a Google Maps satellite view and that can also be used for directions to Ocean Lakes, click on this link below;
GOOGLE MAP OF OCEAN LAKES FAMILY CAMPGROUND

iamflagman 12-28-2008 09:48 AM

It's time to start making your plans to attend the 2009 'Birds at the Beach (Myrtle Beach, SC) you can read all of the details about it in the flyer that is posted in this thread, or by going to http://www.pbase.com/iamflagman/image/104343072.

Be sure to also read the http://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.co...attach/pdf.gif OCEAN LAKES RESERVATIONS INFO .pdf and make sure that you add your information to the sign-up sheet located at http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/...ortRows&tbl=20 We have set the date for this rally so that it will be held one weekend before the 2009 Hot Rod / Maxton Bluebird Mini Rally (UPDATED) that way you can stay in the area for two enjoyable weekends of low keyed Blue Bird rallies and get more for your fuel expenses.

We need a volunteer to take care of coordinating the food, that has in the past been low keyed, with a night out for the excellent sea food that the area has to offer. If you are interested in volunteering, please email me at iamflagman@aol.com

We also need someone to coordinate a couple of workshops either for the men or the women, or both. I plan on conducting a question and answer session about how to navigate the Wanderlodge Owners Group Forum, in hopes that it will encourage more of the LURKERS to take a more active roll in the forum itself, as it can be intimidating for some of our members..........and also to learn some tips from you:rolleyes:

iamflagman 12-29-2008 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamflagman (Post 11666)
We need a volunteer to take care of coordinating the food, that has in the past been low keyed, with a night out for the excellent sea food that the area has to offer. If you are interested in volunteering, please email me at iamflagman@aol.com

Sue Robinson has stepped up to the plate and taken on the job of Food Co-ordinater for both the 2009 'Birds at the Beach (Myrtle Beach, SC) and the 2009 Hot Rod / Maxton Bluebird Mini Rally (UPDATED) we really appreciate her help.

She has already come up with a plan for both events and this is what she has planned for us at Myrtle Beach.

Friday - March 27th
Dinner - Hot Dogs and Hamburgers on the Barbeque. Bring what you want to barbeque and a salad or a dessert.

Saturday - March 28th
Pot Luck Dinner - Susan will be around to sign you up for your donation to this meal.

Sunday - March 29th
Pizza Night - We will order in enough pizza for everyone and divide up the cost. Donations for desserts will be appreciated.

Monday - March 30th
Seafood Night - Eat Out at one of the Seafood Resaurants in Murell's Inlet

Tuesday - March 31st
Pot Luck Dinner - Susan will be around to sign you up for your donation to this meal.

iamflagman 01-25-2009 07:16 AM

It's getting closer

OK, now that we have all got ourselves salivating about having a great time at a rally, after hearing all about and seeing the pictures from this years SWBB Quartzsite Rally, it is time to make your reservations for the 2009 'Birds at the Beach (Myrtle Beach, SC) you can find out how to do that by reading the information found previously in this thread and don't forget in order to help give you more bang for you bucks that you spend to get to Myrtle Beach, the following weekend is when we will hold the 2009 Hot Rod / Maxton Bluebird Mini Rally (UPDATED) at the MONSTER MILE in Maxton, NC just a short 105 mile trip from Myrtle Beach.

We look forward to seeing our old friends as well as many of you newcomers and don't forget you Wannabe's and SOB owners too, are welcome to attend these rallies where we always seem to have good time at both of them and it is an excellent way to get to put some faces to those names that you see here on the forum too and one of the things that I notice the most is how OLD everyone else seems to be getting :eek::D:rolleyes:

Let us know right here what you would like to do this year , Sue Robinson has some meals planned but there still is some help needed there too, we have a few ideas for a tech discussion, but we would like to know what you want, so give us some ideas. If you have been thinking about purchasing a 'Bird and you want to see a variety of years and models of 'Birds, these rallies are the places to find them, hopefully we will see you there.

Randy Dupree 02-03-2009 09:09 AM

Drivers School

after going to the Q rally,i'm looking forward to the beach rally,and then on to maxton!
also,at Maxton i will give a ladies driving class,we will do a walk around the coach,doing a safety check,then we will do an inside safety check,then we will drive around the maxton airport,each lady will get to drive,while the others ride and watch!

birds_first 02-08-2009 11:24 PM

Is there anyway to find out who may be heading to Myrtle Beach. John Hall & I will meet up at the Kentucky Horse Park in Lexington on the 25th of March. Anyone coming through KY on I 64/I 75 we are planning on a convoy from KY to Myrtle Beach; give us a shout and join us on the way.

iamflagman 02-13-2009 02:17 AM

Going My way?

Quote:

Originally Posted by birds_first (Post 13969)
Is there anyway to find out who may be heading to Myrtle Beach. John Hall & I will meet up at the Kentucky Horse Park in Lexington on the 25th of March. Anyone coming through KY on I 64/I 75 we are planning on a convoy from KY to Myrtle Beach; give us a shout and join us on the way.

I'll be heading east from Columbia, SC by going across I-20, I-95, SC-327, US-76, US-501, SC-544 which ends right at the entrance to Ocean Lakes where it intersects with US-17B. I'll probably be heading that way on March 26 and then stay overnight at either the Petro Truck Stop on I-95 at Florence, SC or stay overnight at the Wal Mart Supercenter in Conwy, SC. before heading down to Myrtle Beach.

Randy Dupree 02-13-2009 08:50 AM

i'm coming up from the south on I-95.
looking forward to seeing you,old friends and new friends too!

Rob Robinson 02-13-2009 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamflagman (Post 14278)
I'll be heading east from Columbia, SC by going across I-20, I-95, SC-327, US-76, US-501, SC-544 which ends right at the entrance to Ocean Lakes where it intersects with US-17B. I'll probably be heading that way on March 26 and then stay overnight at either the Petro Truck Stop on I-95 at Florence, SC or stay overnight at the Wal Mart Supercenter in Conwy, SC. before heading down to Myrtle Beach.

If you go with John you'd better hope there aren't any hills.

innovative1 02-13-2009 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Robinson (Post 14306)
If you go with John you'd better hope there aren't any hills.

John and I in the same boat. I'm going to try to find Finn's Inn on Thursday night just to draft off him the rest of the way in on Friday. I'm bringing along an old pair of panty hose and a roll of "duck" tape just in case I run up on Woody and get him to tow me on in. Just hope my wheels can turn that fast.

J. .... goin' so slow I can even watch the Palmettos grow.:rolleyes:

Lee Davis 02-13-2009 07:32 PM

Birds at the Beach Restaurant

For the Birds at the Beach Rally

If we are going to Murrels Inlet for dinner I'd like to recommend the following restaurant

http://centraarchy.com/gulfstream.php

This place has a phenomenal Early Bird Deal from 4-6:30 PM

We used to go there when we went to MB for golf deals every winter. My brother went there a year ago and said it was still great

Just a suggestion.

Best,

iamflagman 02-13-2009 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lee Davis (Post 14342)
For the Birds at the Beach Rally

If we are going to Murrels Inlet for dinner I'd like to recommend the following restaurant

http://centraarchy.com/gulfstream.php

This place has a phenomenal Early Bird Deal from 4-6:30 PM

We used to go there when we went to MB for golf deals every winter. My brother went there a year ago and said it was still great

Just a suggestion.

Best,

Thanks for the suggestion, but that restaurant is actually in Garden City and not Murrels Inlet, but the FOOD BOSS will have to check this out. I believe that we are going to have two nights out for dinner, so that may be a good choice unless Sue Robinson already has a firm scheduled planned.

Lee Davis 02-14-2009 11:04 AM

Murrels Inlet Restaurant

I guess you're right, it is in Garden City (not sure exactly where that is) but from what I recall it was very close to Murrels Inlet. However, it's been awhile since I was there so I may be wrong. However we did eat at a lot of places down there and this one was by far the best at the time, and as I commented, my brother was there last year for a week and ended up eating there 3 times. He said and I remember it was a little hard to find so he suggested if we go there use the GPS

iamflagman 02-14-2009 11:19 AM

Garden City

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lee Davis (Post 14379)
I guess you're right, it is in Garden City (not sure exactly where that is) but from what I recall it was very close to Murrels Inlet. However, it's been awhile since I was there so I may be wrong. However we did eat at a lot of places down there and this one was by far the best at the time, and as I commented, my brother was there last year for a week and ended up eating there 3 times. He said and I remember it was a little hard to find so he suggested if we go there use the GPS

Lee,

Garden City is just north of Murrels Inlet, you would drive right by it coming from the Ocean Lakes Campground, so it is in the same vicinity, just like Mount Vernon and Lisbon, but with an ocean front view instead of corn:rolleyes:

Lee Davis 02-15-2009 09:33 AM

Mt Vernon

John,

Not many people know where Mt Vernon is. My wife said sometime in the past she remembered you said you had been in that area. You're right about the corn view. We don't actually live there but our daughter does now (professor at Cornell College) and handles our mail. We go by every summer (no way I'd go up there in the winter). We like Kepler Palisades State Park which is about 5 min from their house.

Anyway, if the Food Boss didn't have a restaurant in mind, I thought I'd suggest that one. I don't know how it would work if 20+ or so people showed up for the Early Bird Deal. I don't know if you could make a reservation for that or not. I remember it was crowded at that time even though it was early (lots of folks liked it)

Randy Dupree 02-15-2009 10:09 AM

John has been in every area,he knows all the low bridges,narrow spots,by-pass's and almost every bump in the road.
if you ever caravan with john,let him lead.

iamflagman 02-15-2009 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randy Dupree (Post 14416)
John has been in every area,he knows all the low bridges,narrow spots,by-pass's and almost every bump in the road.
if you ever caravan with john,let him lead.

"There's a mailbox close on the right up here.........."

Lee, I used to live in West Branch before moving to South Carolina and I ran a Flag Car service moving Oversize Loads throughout the USA and parts of Canada, for many, many years:)

birds_first 02-15-2009 10:56 PM

Huntington Beach State Park

For those who are attending Birds on the Beach and wish to stay on in the area for a few more days and are not going to Maxton I would like to suggest Huntington Beach State Park. HBSP is at Murrells Inlet or just south of the town a couple miles and it is a nice park. It is rated as 1 of the top 25 bird watching sites in the world or something like that. My wife likes to take photos and enter into local contest, she won first place with one of her photos from HBSP. There are several nature trails, a nature center, gators, hundreds of differnt birds, and an old home site which is open to tours and a botantical garden in the area. We were there last year in March and it's on our list of places to return. While we were there we had several vistors stop by or wave to us while we were at the bus, as the name on our bus is Bird Brains it seems as the folk thought we were serious bird watchers not knowing that we were just plain goofy over the Blue Bird Wanderlodge.

iamflagman 02-23-2009 12:56 PM

Going Fast

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by iamflagman (Post 8069)

This time we will be at “OCEAN LAKES FAMILY CAMPGROUND“ , to make your reservations click on the banner below, or call 1-877-510-1413 their web site is www.oceanlakes.com/ the 50 AMP full hookup sites are $31.00 plus a 11%sales tax, be sure to mention 'BIRDS AT THE BEACH when you are making your reservations, this will get most of us together in the HH section, there will be a few of you in the H section just across the road, we have 30 sites reserved, check here for reservation information http://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.co...attach/pdf.gif OCEAN LAKES RESERVATIONS INFO .pdf

To view a PDF file of the campsites click on OCEAN LAKES CAMPSITE MAP Those rates are also good for the week before and the week after, if you make those same reservation dates at the time of your rally dates.

Remember the 'Birds at the Beach rally will be the weekend before the Maxton - East Coast Timing Association - Hot Rod Magazine sponsored event, where we will also hold our annual spring 2009 Hot Rod / Maxton Bluebird Mini Rally (UPDATED) again on April 2-3-4-5, 2009 where the track entry fee is only $5.00 for the dry camping and a weekend of races, the temperatures are very moderate that time of the year, so you won't have to run your generator that much, so this way you can get more bang for your fuel buck, it is only 105 miles to Maxton from Myrtle Beach with a stop to get fuel if you need to at the Flying J on I-95 in Latta, SC.
Make sure that you add your information to the Database Sign Up Sheets for each rally found at; http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/wanderlodge/database

Myrtle Beach, SC
This campground is a different one than we were at for the last rally in Myrtle Beach, some of you may remember it as the original campground that we used. For a Google Maps satellite view and that can also be used for directions to Ocean Lakes, click on this link below;

If you were thinking about attending the 2009 'Birds at the Beach (Myrtle Beach, SC) rally, I just talked to Ocean Lakes Campground reservations and there are only 16 campsites that remain in our reserved sites, so call them and get your reservations made soon.

Here is an aireal view of the areas where our sites are located, you will have to call them to find out where the remaining sites are located. the photo is acurate in its layout as the beach area runs from the Northeast at the top to the Southwest at the bottom and the majority of our sites are located in section HH which is the area Southwest of Sand Dune Drive and the remaining sites are located in section H which is on the Northeast side of Sand Dune Drive.

http://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.co...1&d=1235407536

We do not have all of the sites that you see in section HH, as there were already reserved sites taken, that are used by snowbirds every year in that area.

innovative1 02-23-2009 02:54 PM

I've got mine reserved. HH7 at the corner of Seaside and Sand Dune. John, do you know how they have us blocked for sites?

Coach Driver 02-23-2009 03:24 PM

I just made my reservations for Myrtle Beach. Only thing is - gotta leave on Sunday to get back to Atlanta. Will arrive on Friday late morning.

Looking forward to it.

giderich 02-23-2009 03:32 PM

We will be occupying site HH45, Mar 27 thru Mar 31. Looking forward to the Beach!

iamflagman 02-23-2009 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by innovative1 (Post 14881)
I've got mine reserved. HH7 at the corner of Seaside and Sand Dune. John, do you know how they have us blocked for sites?

They gave us all that they could in the HH area, sites 05, 10, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 19, 20, 21, 22, 24, 26, 28, 30, 31, 36, 37, 38, 39, 41, 43, 44, 45, 48, 49, 50 and in section H sites 67, 68, 69.

They must have had a cancellation on HH 7, because that is not on my list dated October 10, 2008.

Coach Driver 02-23-2009 05:10 PM

We are on site HH-10. See ya at the beach:D

alvahall 02-23-2009 09:05 PM

We're in site HH-28. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

iamflagman 02-24-2009 06:36 AM

Please add your name to the Sign Up Sheet

Quote:

Myrtle Beach, SC

Crit Bliss 02-25-2009 09:33 AM

The Bliss's are in, HH41. Can't wait.

Suska 02-25-2009 10:15 AM

Birds@The Beach

See you all @ Myrtle Beach!
Will be @ HH23

birds_first 02-25-2009 05:29 PM

H-69 BINGO!

Lee Davis 02-26-2009 09:09 AM

Travelling to places

I'd like to put in a plug for something I have nothing to do with but we have already used it a few times to hook up with other traveling BB folks. That is the BBMaps deal that Don put together.

We use it now and even if you are not full time, if you travel a fair amount, it would seem to work well as long as you are willing to update it occasionally at least every 30 days (even if you are just at home)

For example, here is where we are now

http://www.bbirdmaps.com/user1.cfm?user=117

You can add note to tell exactly where you are if you want (campground, WalMart, Petro, Park, etc)

And here is everyone else

http://www.bbirdmaps.com/index.cfm

You can zoom around on it, send emails, check other Bluebirder's websites, etc.

Pretty cool.

isp2952 02-26-2009 09:38 AM

Lee,
I agree with you. Although I haven't done that much traveling and used it that much I can see a real value. If for no other reason than to get a chance to meet some real nice folks. I'm #19 on the list so if you are ever near me give me a hollar.

Randy Dupree 02-26-2009 09:48 AM

Dons locator is a great idea,we talked about it at "Q" and i have been meaning to get on it.
just been too busy lately to take the time!

Lee Davis 02-26-2009 09:55 AM

Meeting up with people

Randy,

We'll probably be coming up I-95 as well (not sure yet...may go up to Wilmington NC to see friends first) , so if you decide to get on the "BBMap" we might connect up along the way somewhere.

iamflagman 02-28-2009 08:53 AM

2009 'Birds at the Beach Events Schedule

In keeping with our tradition of enjoying a Laid Back atmosphere, without a lot of scheduled things to do, giving you time to enjoy The Grand Strand at Myrtle Beach, here is what is in store for the upcoming 2009 'Birds at the Beach (Myrtle Beach, SC) rally. Remember there is NO RALLY FEE you only have to pay for your campsite at Ocean Lakes.

Friday - March 27th
10:00am - Walk Around Tech. (First Session)
12:00pm - Lunch your on your own
2:00pm - Meeting Room - Learning your way around the forum, bring your laptop
5:00pm - Meeting Room - Cocktail Hour
6:00pm - Meeting Room - Dinner - Hot Dogs and Hamburgers on the Barbecue. Bring what you want to barbecue and a salad or a dessert.

Saturday - March 28th
8:00am - Meeting Room - Donuts bring your own coffee or drink
10:00am - Walk Around Tech. (Second Session)
2:00pm - Meeting Room - Ladies Tea
2:00pm - Meeting Room - GPS systems and Internet maps use.
6:00pm - Meeting Room - Dinner - Pot Luck, Susan will be around to sign you up for your donation to this meal.

Sunday - March 29th
2:00pm - 'Bird Tour show your coach
6pm - Dinner - Seafood Night - Eat Out at one of the areas Seafood Restaurants

Monday - March 30th
10:00am - Meeting Room - Ladies share your projects
2:00pm - Meeting Room - Battery Banks and Shore Power Cords
6:00pm - Meeting Room - Dinner - Pot Luck Dinner - Susan will be around to sign you up for your donation to this meal.

Tuesday - March 31st
2:00pm - Trip to Brookgreen Gardens
6:00pm - Dinner - Seafood Night - Eat Out at one of the area Seafood Restaurants

Wednesday - April 1
Checkout and head up to 2009 Hot Rod / Maxton Bluebird Mini Rally or to your next destination

SEE YOU THERE!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamflagman (Post 14876)
If you were thinking about attending the 2009 'Birds at the Beach (Myrtle Beach, SC) rally, I just talked to Ocean Lakes Campground reservations and there are only 14 campsites that remain in our reserved sites, so call them and get your reservations made soon.

Here is an aireal view of the areas where our sites are located, you will have to call them to find out where the remaining sites are located. the photo is acurate in its layout as the beach area runs from the Northeast at the top to the Southwest at the bottom and the majority of our sites are located in section HH which is the area Southwest of Sand Dune Drive and the remaining sites are located in section H which is on the Northeast side of Sand Dune Drive.

http://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.co...1&d=1235407536

We do not have all of the sites that you see in section HH, as there were already reserved sites taken, that are used by snowbirds every year in that area.

iamflagman 03-02-2009 10:59 AM

Bring Some Firewood

Quote:

Myrtle Beach, SC

March came in like a Lion here in the southeast with cold overnight temperatures in the teens and twenties and snow as far south as Elgin, just on the north edge of Columbia, SC, so that may be a good sign of hopefully good weather for the 2009 'Birds at the Beach (Myrtle Beach, SC) rally. For last years Myrtle Beach temperatures see; http://www.wunderground.com/weathers...y=27&year=2008

The evenings temperatures will call for a nice campfire and Randy is helping me modify my Alcoa 22.5 aluminum wheel / fire ring so that the fire will set up higher inside of the wheel and that it will help to radiate the heat better, but we need your help in bringing some firewood for the campfire and don't forget to bring an old coat hanger and marshmallows to toast, roast and burn to a crisp over the campfire.

Horry County has passed an ordinance against campfires on the beach, so we will ask for a volunteer to let us use their campsite to have the campfire located at.........any volunteers?http://www.scsportscar.com/uploads/s...f48193c6bd.gif

fxdwg 03-02-2009 12:49 PM

Horry county is doing lots of things lately that directly discourage tourism. Pretty soon, they'll find themselves without any tourists and their dollars. Maybe that's what they want??

iamflagman 03-02-2009 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fxdwg (Post 15417)
Horry county is doing lots of things lately that directly discourage tourism. Pretty soon, they'll find themselves without any tourists and their dollars. Maybe that's what they want??

Joe,

That is the city of Myrtle Beach that is putting all of the restrictions on motorcyclists, if that is what you are referring to, not Horry County. They dropped the EPA sticker for the sound requirements last week, but still have the helmet law and since I have always wore a helmet, it won't effect me, but I have never rode my bike in that area anyway, for bike week I only ride part way about 100 miles, with my buddies then have lunch with them and then ride back home, I'm not a big fan of that big of a crowd that can get somewhat rowdy at times, nor do I like to ride in stop and go traffic that much.

That's why I enjoy our style of Blue Bird Rallies, very laid back and mellow.:cool:

fxdwg 03-02-2009 02:13 PM

That's good to hear. I had thought I'd heard that the county was also getting in on the act. Maybe not. The crowds are fun for an hour or so, then I'd rather ride the back roads.

iamflagman 03-08-2009 08:27 PM

Only a dozen sites left

Quote:

Myrtle Beach, SC

The weather here in South Carolina today was beautiful and even some of the trees are starting to bloom, as the temperature climbed into the 80's. Yesterday I talked to the reservations clerk at Ocean Lakes and they informed me that there are only 12 camp sites remaining in our block of reserved sites, for the 2009 'Birds at the Beach (Myrtle Beach, SC) rally, so if you were procrastinating about coming it is now time to make your reservations.

The fuel prices at the Flying J's here in South Carolina are;

Flying J Location-------------------Ultra & Low Sulfur
http://www.flyingj.com/flyingjPortal...352159044!NONE SCBlacksburg I-85 Exit 102------------1.979
http://www.flyingj.com/flyingjPortal...352159044!NONE SCColumbia I-20 Exit 70---------------1.769
http://www.flyingj.com/flyingjPortal...352159044!NONE SCLatta (Dillon) I-95 Exit 181A---------1.859
http://www.flyingj.com/flyingjPortal...352159044!NONE SCRock Hill I-77 & Hwy 901, Exit 73----1.809

For the weather in Myrtle Beach right now click on the Weather Bug link below.
CHECK OUT THE
Myrtle Beach Weather
http://img.weather.weatherbug.com/im...wxbug-logo.jpg

iamflagman 03-10-2009 05:19 PM

MMMMMMMMM...Fooooood Update!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamflagman (Post 15241)
In keeping with our tradition of enjoying a Laid Back atmosphere, without a lot of scheduled things to do, giving you time to enjoy The Grand Strand at Myrtle Beach, here is what is in store for the upcoming 2009 'Birds at the Beach (Myrtle Beach, SC) rally. Remember there is NO RALLY FEE you only have to pay for your campsite at Ocean Lakes.

Friday - March 27th
10:00am - Walk Around Tech. (First Session)
2:00pm - Meeting Room - Learning your way around the forum, bring your laptop
6:00pm - Meeting Room - Dinner - Hot Dogs and Hamburgers on the Barbecue. Bring what you want to barbecue and a salad or a dessert.

Saturday - March 28th
8:00am - Meeting Room - Donuts bring your own coffee or drink
10:00am - Walk Around Tech. (Second Session)
2:00pm - Meeting Room - Ladies Tea
2:00pm - Meeting Room - GPS systems and Internet maps use.
6:00pm - Meeting Room - Dinner - Pot Luck, Susan will be around to sign you up for your donation to this meal.

Sunday - March 29th
2:00pm - 'Bird Tour show your coach
6pm - Dinner - Seafood Night - Eat Out at one of the areas Seafood Restaurants

Monday - March 30th
10:00am - Meeting Room - Ladies share your projects
2:00pm - Meeting Room - Battery Banks and Shore Power Cords
6:00pm - Meeting Room - Dinner - Pot Luck Dinner - Susan will be around to sign you up for your donation to this meal.

Tuesday - March 31st
2:00pm - Trip to Brookgreen Gardens
6:00pm - Dinner - Seafood Night - Eat Out at one of the area Seafood Restaurants

Wednesday - April 1
Checkout and head up to 2009 Hot Rod / Maxton Bluebird Mini Rally or to your next destination

SEE YOU THERE!!!

From; Susan Robinson "Food Coordinator"
Subject; Menu Update for Myrtle Beach and Maxton rallies

Myrtle Beach March 27th- Hot dogs and Hamburger BBQ- Bring what you want to BBQ and a salad or dessert

March 28th- Brisket and Pulled Pork Pot Luck- John Virden is kindly donating the meat. Please bring a side dish or a salad or a dessert.

March 29th- Eat out at a Local Seafood restaurant

March 30th- Eat out at a Local Seafood restaurant

March 31st- A True Pot Luck - Bring a dish of your choice.

I will not be signing people up for specific things. If we get all deserts we will go on sugar overload. This way everyone can arrive prepared for what they are going to bring to the potlucks.

Thanks

Susan Robinson

Maxton April 1st On your own

April 2nd Eat out at the Golden Corral

April 3rd Lunch- BBQ Hot dogs provided by Susan and Rob Robinson. Please bring a salad or a dessert
Dinner- Pot Luck - Bring a dish of your choice.

April 4th Lunch- On Your Own

Dinner- Brisket provided by Shane Fedeli.. Please bring a side dish or a dessert.

April 5th Breakfast- Bring a breakfast item

If anyone else wants to bring something special for any of the above meals, please let me know by Saturday so we can get the final update on the web. I may not have WIFI for the next couple of weeks before both of these events.

Susan Robinson