Wanderlodge Owners Group

Wanderlodge Owners Group (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/index.php)
-   RV Products Review (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   Vinyl Bra For Wanderlodge LXI by Golden Horizon (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28672)

alustiza 06-04-2017 06:23 PM

Vinyl Bra For Wanderlodge LXI by Golden Horizon
 
So I bought a 1999 LXI in January of 2017 with about 76000 miles on her, so not bad. The only apparent problem with the outside was the fact that the front clear bra, that the factory had put on I suspect, was cracking all over. I spent 90 hours removing the clear bra with plastic spatulas and when it was done, the paint was in pretty good shape, although I did have to wet sand some small areas. Once the clear bra was removed, I set out to find an outfit that would make a vinyl bra for the Wanderlodge. I found this place out of Anaheim California called Golden Horizon, so I called them and they confirmed that they had the pattern for the LXI. As a matter a fact the LXI is on the back of their brochure. I ordered it and they built it and had it delivered in two weeks. It took me about 2 1/2 hours to put the Bra on, as a bunch of securing mechanisms have to be screwed into the front of the coach, but it performed excellent on the first trip with it. Their number is 714-883-1894 and their web address is www.goldenhorizonrv.com. For a picture, see the back of their brochure and maybe it may be on their web site.

Randy Dupree 06-04-2017 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alustiza (Post 380923)
So I bought a 1999 LXI in January of 2017 with about 76000 miles on her, so not bad. The only apparent problem with the outside was the fact that the front clear bra, that the factory had put on I suspect, was cracking all over. I spent 90 hours removing the clear bra with plastic spatulas and when it was done, the paint was in pretty good shape, although I did have to wet sand some small areas. Once the clear bra was removed, I set out to find an outfit that would make a vinyl bra for the Wanderlodge. I found this place out of Anaheim California called Golden Horizon, so I called them and they confirmed that they had the pattern for the LXI. As a matter a fact the LXI is on the back of their brochure. I ordered it and they built it and had it delivered in two weeks. It took me about 2 1/2 hours to put the Bra on, as a bunch of securing mechanisms have to be screwed into the front of the coach, but it performed excellent on the first trip with it. Their number is 714-883-1894 and their web address is www.goldenhorizonrv.com. For a picture, see the back of their brochure and maybe it may be on their web site.

You know the deal,without PICs,it never happened!

Dave Stokes 06-04-2017 07:50 PM

I agree with Randy. Without pics.... I would love to see yours since the front of my coach is an eyesore. However, I plan on redoing my front fascia since I need new amber lenses and they are no longer available. I may have one custom made. Would you mind sharing the price?

alustiza 06-04-2017 08:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I knew I couldn't get away without a picture, so here it is. This is directly from there brochure. The strip was an additional charge, so I just go the plain black.Attachment 49282

Randy Dupree 06-04-2017 08:09 PM

Dave,you need to ditch those ugly ambers and put some LEDs up front,i have the headlight doors in stock.

Randy Dupree 06-04-2017 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alustiza (Post 380933)
I knew I couldn't get away without a picture, so here it is. This is directly from there brochure. The strip was an additional charge, so I just go the plain black.Attachment 49282

Thats not a picture!
you stole it!

Dave Stokes 06-04-2017 08:42 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Randy Dupree (Post 380935)
Dave,you need to ditch those ugly ambers and put some LEDs up front,i have the headlight doors in stock.

I totally agree! I will be picking up a set from you soon. I just have to decide what direction I am going to take. KC and I were chatting while he was working on his and he was going to help with mine after he finished his up. I think I am now leaning towards the Foretravel look. Simple 4" LED amber next to the simple round headlights. Here are a couple of bra pics from the website.

Dc2x4drvr 06-05-2017 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alustiza (Post 380923)
So I bought a 1999 LXI in January of 2017 with about 76000 miles on her, so not bad. The only apparent problem with the outside was the fact that the front clear bra, that the factory had put on I suspect, was cracking all over. I spent 90 hours removing the clear bra with plastic spatulas and when it was done, the paint was in pretty good shape, although I did have to wet sand some small areas. Once the clear bra was removed, I set out to find an outfit that would make a vinyl bra for the Wanderlodge. I found this place out of Anaheim California called Golden Horizon, so I called them and they confirmed that they had the pattern for the LXI. As a matter a fact the LXI is on the back of their brochure. I ordered it and they built it and had it delivered in two weeks. It took me about 2 1/2 hours to put the Bra on, as a bunch of securing mechanisms have to be screwed into the front of the coach, but it performed excellent on the first trip with it. Their number is 714-883-1894 and their web address is www.goldenhorizonrv.com. For a picture, see the back of their brochure and maybe it may be on their web site.

I'm in the long process of removing my 3M shield, what did you use to remove the adhesive after you scraped off the plastic bra?

Randy Dupree 06-05-2017 10:50 AM

I use Liquid Wrench.

Dc2x4drvr 06-05-2017 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randy Dupree (Post 380989)
I use Liquid Wrench.

I'll give it a try, I've used:
3M Adhesive Remover
Goo Gone gel
Mineral spirits
Goo Gone works, but it requires several applications.
Thx


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:46 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.