Wanderlodge Owners Group

Wanderlodge Owners Group (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/index.php)
-   FC (Forward Control Unique Issues) (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   FC Marker Lights no power (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34593)

jcs707 08-16-2019 08:42 AM

FC Marker Lights no power

I lost all marker lights, I was fishing a couple of new wires up the passenger side A-pillar ... probably temporarily shorted something and blew a fuse or popped a breaker.

Where does the marker light circuits source power? Is there a fuse or breaker on one of the power/fuse panels overhead? Have searched the only schematic I have and don't see it.

All other lighting is working.

Also, do the marker lights only come on with the headlights or do they come on with the parking lights?

K Ridley 08-16-2019 10:11 AM

I believe the marker light fuses on the early FC's are in the battery compartment under the drivers seat. There's a small fuse panel there that has fuses for the headlights, taillights, and brake lights. I don't know if they come on with the marker lights or just the headlights.

Randy Dupree 08-16-2019 10:32 AM

Did the older FCs have a separate switch for the markers?

kunzelj 08-16-2019 11:03 AM

Both my 82 and 88 have a separate switch for marker lights. Not sure on a '77

Boatman1197 08-16-2019 11:04 AM

My 1979 has a separate switch for the markers.

jcs707 08-16-2019 12:55 PM

No separate switch that I know of ...they have always just come on with the headlights.

Also - there is no fuse panel in the battery compartment of this one ... everything appears to be overhead.

This all started when I went to fish a wire up the passenger side A-pillar. Eventually did get that ... trying to get it down to the passenger side blinker. Got it all the way to the passenger rear corner - which on this bus is the shower. Access panel provided in the shower was helpful to a point, just can't get down that rear-most corner. Have tried to go under the shower too. Any ideas?

Ssmarinediesel 08-16-2019 01:27 PM

My 79 has a separate switch. Most of the fuses and breakers are up in the overhead over the driver’s side.

Dieselbird01 08-16-2019 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcs707 (Post 461164)
No separate switch that I know of ...they have always just come on with the headlights.

Also - there is no fuse panel in the battery compartment of this one ... everything appears to be overhead.

This all started when I went to fish a wire up the passenger side A-pillar. Eventually did get that ... trying to get it down to the passenger side blinker. Got it all the way to the passenger rear corner - which on this bus is the shower. Access panel provided in the shower was helpful to a point, just can't get down that rear-most corner. Have tried to go under the shower too. Any ideas?

From what you’ve observed this probably doesn’t apply but according to the 1977 FC Owner’s Manual:

OVERHEAD INSTRUMENTATION

CLEARANCE LAMPS SWITCH - Operate this switch to turn on the clearance lamps located on the top, sides, and ends of the coach.

This also may not apply but the 77 FC Owner’s Manual appears to show that the clearance lamp power comes from the same 20 Amp circuit breaker that feeds the optional 12 Volt Electro Magic Toilet.

Crit Bliss 08-16-2019 04:47 PM

My 1980 has a separate marker light switch below the generator controls on the left of the dash

Orvie6574 08-16-2019 06:24 PM

78 FC separate switch, beleave breaker is behind drivers head light