Wanderlodge Owners Group

Wanderlodge Owners Group (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/index.php)
-   FC (Forward Control Unique Issues) (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   I need to fold my mirrors forward (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33072)

Tom442 01-10-2019 06:00 PM

I need to fold my mirrors forward

2 Attachment(s)
To get my coach in the yard so I can plug it in and be next to my shop, Now I need to fold the mirrors forward. Passenger is loose but drivers won’t budge. Any tips on getting it to budge? It moves maybe a quarter of an inch but that’s it..
You guys are gonna get sick of my questions.

Tom442 01-10-2019 06:06 PM

Why the heck are my pictures sideways

Using an Iphone.

Bill Pape 01-10-2019 06:12 PM

Careful don't use muscle , take the cap off and soak in a rust solvent, they are non standard mirrors BB used for a few years no parts available, expensive to replace.

Randy Dupree 01-10-2019 06:39 PM

Bills right,no parts available for that brand mirror.
PB Blaster and gently work it back and forth,be patient.

Steelwheels 01-10-2019 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom442 (Post 439669)
To get my coach in the yard so I can plug it in and be next to my shop, Now I need to fold the mirrors forward. Passenger is loose but drivers won’t budge. Any tips on getting it to budge? It moves maybe a quarter of an inch but that’s it..
You guys are gonna get sick of my questions.

Not sure if you tried this yet, loosen the huge alllen bolt under the arm. Look up from under the mirror.

Dave Stokes 01-10-2019 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom442 (Post 439670)
Using an Iphone.

When taking pics for WOG with an iPhone make sure the phone is held horizontal. Home button on the right and volume buttons down. Pics will be oriented correctly for WOG.

Tom442 01-11-2019 05:21 PM

Removed the mirror

1 Attachment(s)
Got it backed in and plugged in. I going to PB blaster that mirror and get it functioning so I don’t have to take it of and put it on every time I tuck her away. And yes, it’s snowing.

Bad Latitude 01-11-2019 06:02 PM

Thomas, do not over tighten those big allen head bolts with say, a 1/2” drive ratchet. The material is potted metal and can break fairly easily if over torqued. (Yes, I learned this the hard way). PB Blaster applied from the top under the cover is your friend.

Randy Dupree 01-11-2019 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bad Latitude (Post 439794)
Thomas, do not over tighten those big allen head bolts with say, a 1/2” drive ratchet. The material is potted metal and can break fairly easily if over torqued. (Yes, I learned this the hard way). PB Blaster applied from the top under the cover is your friend.

Thats a great tip Bill.
And theres another reason to not torque them too tight,if someone hits the mirror its good if they swing away,instead of breaking.
(yes,learned this Bills way!)

gcyeaw 01-11-2019 06:43 PM

Do an annual clean and adjust of the bolts so you or the next guy doesn't have to deal with it again. Mine are frozen solid. I bumped a tree and moved it:mad: I strapped a 2X4 to it and moved it back, it hasn't moved since. Nothing seems to help loosening the adjustment bolts.