Wanderlodge Owners Group

Wanderlodge Owners Group (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/index.php)
-   'Bird Projects & Modifications (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   M380 Audio/Video Upgrade Project (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33930)

AEmedic 05-17-2019 09:35 AM

M380 Audio/Video Upgrade Project
 
Last night I ordered a Marantz NR1509 Slim 5.2 Channel AV Receiver and I am looking for nice surround sound speakers to pair with it.

My plan is to install a Dish in-motion in place of the OE satellite unit that is on the roof, the main Dish receiver will be in the front cabinet and either a Joey or another receiver will be in the bedroom. I will probably use Apple TV units in the install also.

I installed a 40" Sony smart TV in the front, using the original steel pins and mounted the TV to 1/2” plywood. I, also, took out the heavy CRT from the rear and bought a nice "small" Samsung, I just need to figure out how to convert that large space and mount the TV.

The kids love their X-Box One, so, that needs a home. Since the view of the main TV is restricted by the forward slide wall, I am thinking about mounting a smaller TV and the X-Box on the small cabinet behind the passenger, I'm not sure about that yet...

I will post pictures as I go along.

My front Kenwood in-dash stereo was missing, so, I am going to find another one that is just a radio and media player.

Dc2x4drvr 05-17-2019 10:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here’s my remodel of the rear cabinet, door hung on a piano hinge. I have a Dish receiver behind the door, along with our wireless printer. Now, if you have 2 slides, checkout Van’s tv cabinet:)

NoGas 05-17-2019 01:18 PM

Directv vs Dish TV and M380 Electronics Upgrade
 
YouTube of rear TV mentioned by Lance: https://youtu.be/cWllG7dtHJU. Setup only works with DS M380. Former upper bedroom TV cabinet covered with matching doors. Provides storage area big enough for things like a laser printer :).

Chris - interesting you’re going with DISH. Four years ago went Directv and a Winegard Travler HD antenna. Happy with the service & equipment. HOWEVER, since AT&T took over they’ve jacked up the $$$ big time :mad:. I’d be happy with streamed TV. But DW not so much, especially when we are out in the sticks with no cell service. Am considering conversion of antenna to DISH. Found how-to-do-it instructions online. Would also want nicer AV unit with new speakers to replace Bose junk. Wiring already in place with home run HDMI cables from rear and basement, which allows all equipment to be placed in front overhead. Will likely stick with that instead of WiFi. I’d be very interested in pics and maybe a stick diagram with equipment list of what you are doing. Thanks in advance.

hexspeed 05-17-2019 01:33 PM

Lance: Glad you posted the pic -- just finished removing the original Sony boat anchor and have been pondering what to put there. Your setup is exactly what I've been imagining. What size Samsung is that?

Chris My Kenwood is still intact and while it's an amazing system, it's long past its expiration date. Crutchfield has been having some pretty amazing sales on their radio/media players that I've been watching. My primary hesitation is that I want bluetooth connected Apple CarPlay which doesn't exist yet. If you're an android user, Android Auto is wirelessly supported on several of the latest models.

AEmedic 05-17-2019 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dc2x4drvr (Post 452333)
Here’s my remodel of the rear cabinet, door hung on a piano hinge. I have a Dish receiver behind the door, along with our wireless printer. Now, if you have 2 slides, checkout Van’s tv cabinet:)

Nice and simple, I have considered something similar.

AEmedic 05-17-2019 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoGas (Post 452347)
YouTube of rear TV mentioned by Lance: https://youtu.be/cWllG7dtHJU. Setup only works with DS M380. Former upper bedroom TV cabinet covered with matching doors. Provides storage area big enough for things like a laser printer :).

Chris - interesting you’re going with DISH. Four years ago went Directv and a Winegard Travler HD antenna. Happy with the service & equipment. HOWEVER, since AT&T took over they’ve jacked up the $$$ big time :mad:. I’d be happy with streamed TV. But DW not so much, especially when we are out in the sticks with no cell service. Am considering conversion of antenna to DISH. Found how-to-do-it instructions online. Would also want nicer AV unit with new speakers to replace Bose junk. Wiring already in place with home run HDMI cables from rear and basement, which allows all equipment to be placed in front overhead. Will likely stick with that instead of WiFi. I’d be very interested in pics and maybe a stick diagram with equipment list of what you are doing. Thanks in advance.

I am jealous, big time! That may have to become my plan... I do have the dual slide so I could do it. Not sure that the expense is well justified at the moment, but, I am intrigued.

For me, Dish is perfect for the pay as you go plans. I also remember hearing that DT is eliminating some services. Either way, that is the route that works the best for us.

I have a lot of exploring to do for the cable routing and component specifics. As I progress, I will take pictures and share my trials and tribulations as I go.

So far, I have chosen:

Marantz NR1509
Boston Acoustics XS 5.1 or JBL Cinema 510 speakers
Winegard RoadTrip T4 in-motion Dish
Dish Receiver and Joey
Apple TV X 2
Sony Blue-Ray X 2
X-Box One
Sennheiser’s RS 175 wireless headphones X 2


Lots of other details to come...

AEmedic 05-17-2019 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hexspeed (Post 452349)
Chris My Kenwood is still intact and while it's an amazing system, it's long past its expiration date. Crutchfield has been having some pretty amazing sales on their radio/media players that I've been watching. My primary hesitation is that I want bluetooth connected Apple CarPlay which doesn't exist yet. If you're an android user, Android Auto is wirelessly supported on several of the latest models.

We are Apple iPhone users so it would be nice to have as much integration as possible...

hexspeed 05-17-2019 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hexspeed (Post 452349)
Chris My primary hesitation is that I want bluetooth connected Apple CarPlay which doesn't exist yet.

I'm wrong -- wireless Apple CarPlay connection hit the aftermarket last year so there are now a number of choices available.

I've had a total Apple ecosystem for a couple of decades and have no desire to change now.

AEmedic 05-19-2019 06:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I just ordered an Alpine ILX-F309. It is a 9" floating screen media receiver.

AEmedic 05-20-2019 01:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I just ordered 5 Boston Acoustics Soundware 4.5" speakers for the surround sound. I now need to find the right sized subwoofer to fit where ever I figure out to put it...


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:59 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.