Wanderlodge Owners Group

Wanderlodge Owners Group (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/index.php)
-   Campgrounds, RV Parks, Other Places to Sleep, or TO STAY AWAY FROM (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Free Night at Texas Star RV Ranch, Melissa, Texas (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6591)

FreeBird 06-04-2010 07:16 PM

Free Night at Texas Star RV Ranch, Melissa, Texas

We've got a little RV park down here in Texas and we're trying to build a business after getting put out of business in an eminent domain lawsuit with our city. We are offering members of the WOG group a night of free parking on concrete pull-thru's w/ full hook-ups if they're passing through the DFW area in their Wanderlodge- kind of a Space Available-Stand-bye, Call ahead to make sure we've got a space- about once a year or so per rig kinda thing. Of course, the ultimate aim would be for some folks to come back and stay a couple days at regular prices ($30 a night & we accept most discounts) someday- but it's not required. This isn't some gimmick where you pay 4 nights and get the 5th free or something- we're offering you a free night, period. We're not a really fancy RV resort- yet- but what we are is a Safe, Secure, and friendly port to put into.

I don't really know if the SP's, PT's, WB's, BMC's, LX's, LXI's, & M380's are all called Wanderlodge's or what- but you get the idea.

I've got a site up @ www.TexasStarRVranch.com if you'd like to look at us... we're just a very small park surrounded by some good acreage so we can even support dry-docking of basically an unlimited number of coaches if the weather is dry- and not as many if it's not. We won't always have a site with full hook ups so be sure to call before you just "count on it" on the way to an event. We look forward to meeting you!

Glenn

PS- (Added later) say Thank You to Kathleen, she's the one who gave it her Okay to go ahead and do it! ;-)
http://i315.photobucket.com/albums/l...Startext-1.png

Bill Pape 06-04-2010 07:29 PM

Very generous Glen, good way to attract customers , thanks :)

Rick 06-04-2010 07:33 PM

Glen, That is a very kind and generous offer. When we are back your way we will stop.

Ernest Ekberg 06-04-2010 08:02 PM

Well, we need to have a rally there. what facilities do you have?? tell us more.
there are lots of bird owners in the north texas area and southern oklahoma that could come. :D

patticake 06-04-2010 08:42 PM

Are you open to hurricane evacuees? Especially from south La. We don't loot! But we accept govt. money.

FreeBird 06-04-2010 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ernest Ekberg (Post 59716)
Well, we need to have a rally there. what facilities do you have?? tell us more.
there are lots of bird owners in the north texas area and southern oklahoma that could come. :D

Whoo-Hoo! We're game, let's do it- we're a little on the shy side for facilities right now, but we're working on it... we've got an air conditioned rally room (cap 50+) for meetings and presentations (doubles as our game room w/ pool table, air hockey table, darts), outdoor gathering tents, an equipped 6 bay shop for seminars and how-to's... and since we live on the property- we've got a darn nice pool/hot tub for cooling off afterwards. Add to that catering from the best little BBQ house in Texas (Hutchin's BBQ in McKinney) or burgers off the grill, live music and/or karaoke, my industrial sized Margarita machine... the only things we're short on is electric hook-ups. We can make-do with water and we've got a dump station. As long as you don't mind if we're still a little rough around the edges (had a hard time fighting city hall) and know that we'll be better next year- we'll all have a great time.

rwoody 06-04-2010 09:49 PM

I need a atv park close and im there or lets do a rally love the area~~~~~~~looking for a excuse to go there

fxdwg 06-04-2010 11:15 PM

Glenn,

Tell us about any attractions in the immediate area, things to do, etc, etc!! I've been looking for someplace to GTHOD (get the ******* outta Dodge) and your place would be just about the perfect distance!

Randy Dupree 06-04-2010 11:44 PM

welcome to the zoo,glenn.
its nice of you to ask us over!
did someone mention burgers and margaritas?

KCSS 06-05-2010 12:00 AM

Burgers & margaritas - real food - count me in!