Wanderlodge Owners Group

Wanderlodge Owners Group (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/index.php)
-   Service Centers & Mobile Mechanics (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Lufkin, TX Mechanic Extraordinaire (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16365)

Bill&Peggy 04-24-2013 02:11 PM

Lufkin, TX Mechanic Extraordinaire

Bernd (his parents couldn't afford an A and an R) Remspeck is a 4 year new to the U.S. emigre from Germany. He has a double E and worked for years for the German Railway and Mercedes Benz with lots of schooling and certifications in everything diesel.

As an example of his work ethic: the dash warning light for the jacks would not got off. He tracked it readily to a blown sensor on one of the jacks. Before replacing the sensor he wanted to know WHY it had blown, rather than using the Air Force (and Navy) program of replacing known bad with known good and blowing that one too. He discovered that instead of switching negative, someone had put positive voltage on the terminal, blowing the sensor and an exotic transistor on the HWH control board.

On more than one occasion he has taken my Blue Box home to study schematics. He does NOT charge for learning - he views it as an opportunity to enhance his knowledge. His rate is $85 per hour and he tends to not keep a very accurate tally of the actual hours he spends on a task.

He will be a citizen in September, and until then his immigration status allows him to work, but not to actually own a business. As such, he is "working" for Lufkin Truck Driving Academy at 109 Lufkin Avenue, which is on the east side of the road about 1/2 mile south of the loop as you come in from the north on US Hwy 59. Phone # is 936-707-1584. This is a cell phone and he purposely does not have a mailbox set up.

He loves Blue Bird and Prevost. I can't recommend him highly enough.

pairodice 04-24-2013 02:42 PM

I have to agree with Bill's assessment here about Bernd, seems very knowledgeable. If we had been in Lufkin I would have had home do our work.

George Roberts 04-24-2013 05:41 PM

Great news. We come through Texas usually a couple of times a year. I hope I don't need any work, but I am sure I will eventually.

Bill&Peggy 04-24-2013 08:37 PM

I forgot to add..... he does work on Saturday and Sunday if it is necessary, though he has a brand new wife, so his priorities might be changing a little :)

He also does road service at any hour of the day/night if it is urgent.

Donn B 04-26-2013 08:54 PM

How do you pronounce that? "Burned" or "bare end" ... something else?

Bill&Peggy 04-27-2013 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donn B (Post 204144)
How do you pronounce that? "Burned" or "bare end" ... something else?

Burned.

pairodice 05-13-2015 02:43 PM

Burnd has moved his shop to 1719 East Main Street, Nacogdoches, TX. He is still just as nice of a guy and honest with his work. Worth every penny if you ask me. I just drove 3 hours to take the Bird to his shop while I'm still in TX... Phone: 936-707-1584
Email: bera71@web.de

folivier 05-14-2015 08:28 AM

Exemplary person and service! Did a radiator exchange, new turbo, fixed some leaks, and other stuff on my Newell a few months ago.

pairodice 05-14-2015 03:10 PM

They are going to be building another shop behind or beside there new building so there will be a pit and more space! They need it! Make sure to make Bernd a good sandwich for lunch and he will give you a discount (or maybe he charged more, I'm not sure yet...).