Wanderlodge Owners Group

Wanderlodge Owners Group (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/index.php)
-   M450 (Unique Issues) (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=113)
-   -   New Axle available-- discounted (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19963)

dentmac 06-13-2014 12:33 AM

New Axle available-- discounted

For all the owners that Bluebird "Promised" a new axle when and if it became available.. Ask for it now -- New ball joints come with it.:rolleyes:

18000 pound axle

Crit Bliss 06-13-2014 07:56 AM

That's great! New life for the 450's

Ed Wimberley 06-13-2014 08:00 AM

Thats great news.
Hope BB maks good on promises.:):D

dentmac 06-13-2014 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ed Wimberley (Post 256274)
Thats great news.
Hope BB maks good on promises.:):D

Your humoUr is outstanding Eh!

Hotvenm 06-13-2014 10:46 AM

That's all I want for Christmas!

tcandt 06-17-2014 01:38 PM

And we can save $12K to boot!

JohnLombardozzi 09-03-2014 10:45 AM

New Axel

Ross:

Im thinking of having this new axcel installed on my coach. Has any other 450 Owner done so???

My coach was the My Jack coach and the front axel weight is 15,700 and the generator was not relocated as a result of the coach not exceeding the 16,000 pound weight limit.

Having not live through the rcall event I'm curious if you (or any other 450 Owner) might have an opinion about the need to relocate my Generator or upgrade the front axcel to 18,000 pounds

John

dentmac 09-03-2014 11:34 AM

reality

Sadly, reality sucks. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I am cranky today. No one tells the way it is.First, the axle may no longer be available from that supplier. It is no longer made or supported. They probably have/had it in stock, hence the sale price. Even with that one available, there are other big issues. The steering system (which was designed for the original 13000 lb axle is not capable of 18000 lbs. It is even questionable whether TVR ever authorized the restating to 17000 pounds. Also the sub frame will not take it . (court docs)
Moving the gen set only moves 500 lbs from the right front to the left rear. Screws up side to side balance. BB in their wisdom removed the Hadley active air system which removed most of the anti sway capabilities. Without telling owners. Also removed the 2 inch water drain and the manablock water system causing some leaks.Moving the genset wasn't enough for several units and they went back and removed significant and important structural steel in front of the driver.
Did YOU personally weigh the rig or are you going by BB numbers? Was the tag lifted at the time?

dentmac 09-04-2014 01:47 PM

Hi,
Actually, Bluebird wanted to relocate the genset on all the coaches other then the fire dept unit. Owners had to authorize it. Seems like 2 didn't. :) .
All of the coaches were recalled and were to have tierods changed, new tires (same as OEM), alignment ,weight placards in the bays and one on the dash (re keeping tire pressure at 130 cold ). A new auxillary high pressure compressor was added. New placards also should indicate the re-stating of the Front GAWR to 17,000 and the drive axle to 23,000.
These , you should have.
The genset relocation and the Hadley changes were not part of the recall remedy with NHTSA. Owners were originally offered the move to allow them back on the road (at reduced capacity) until the new axle was ready. (The new axle was never ordered). Once hooked.... stuck.
Hopefully, your unit still has the Hadley active air.
Owners and buyers should weigh the coaches in drive mode (tag DOWN )with full water and fuel . $10.00 at Pilot or Flying J

JohnLombardozzi 09-05-2014 10:20 PM

Front Axel

Ross:

Yes I have weighted the coach personally. The fresh water tank was full and the tag axel was down.

My coach was below the recall weight from the get go. The hadley system is active and working. I do not believe any steel was removed from the front of the coach.

I did confirm wahat you are sayin g is correct regarding the gear box was built to the current weight spec and the new axel will not solve the gear box issue.

John